11 members have voted

1. 1. title

• Marcus
    • Marcus
    • Marcus
    • Marcus

16 hours ago, whase said:

Otherwise, Hector?

He'd be a decent candidate for best unit IMO, but his awful promotion and lack of a horse kinda keep him back from being the best, moreso in his mode. Well, at least that's what I think. I am kinda terrible at FE so maybe I shouldn't pitch in like this...

Edited by Benice

Outside of Marcus, I think Priscilla is a good candidate for that title. Good availability, has utility throughout the whole game, and Elibean Valkyries are pretty good.

I'm having a difficult time locating Marcus on the poll. :B):

Jokes aside: I suppose I would say one of the early game characters? Not sure which, but that would be my guess.

2 minutes ago, Samz707 said:

Mark.

Can't die at all, clearly the best unit in the game.

Well, to be fair, without "Mark" nobody would be doing anything. The game would never even be started...

Revolutionary new idea: The best character in any Fire Emblem is you, the player!

I'm all for it.

Besides Marcus obviously taking the top spot with his monstruous bases, I'm gonna have to say... probably one of the first two Pegasus Knights, Priscilla or even Sain.

Both Florina and Fiora are an amazing investment who are excellent utility units at worst and juggernauts at best. Doing Lyn mode makes Florina way better than Fiora, while skipping it makes her less competent but still good, though Fiora will always be consistently good. And I am not saying Fiora is one of the best units in the game because I love her or anything I just genuinely believe so.

In Priscilla's case, it's already been said, but as the sole potential playable valkyrie in this game, she has the most utility out of any unit, being able to use staves, having a horse AND being able to attack with reliable 1-2 range. The only problem may be her average growths on her somewhat low bases but that's about it, and stats are not needed to heal or rescue.

Finally, I mentioned Sain, since he's the best out of the unpromoted cavaliers, being able to reach the doubling threshold relatively quickly, but also having some of the highest strength in the game, that and he's also a cavalier in GBA.

Hawkeye is easily in the honorable mntions tho. Same with Pent. Hawkeye's problem is that at some point he might start to drop off, while Pent's is simply his availability. And yes I'm aware that Hawkeye's issue may apply to Marcus but Marcus is around for longer with better utility so he has the edge over him, not to mention he can also dominate the game for longer.

3 hours ago, samthedigital said:

I'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned Heath yet.

In HHM ranked, I would. He and Priscilla are crazy good in that context.

1 hour ago, ping said:

Legitimately asking, how are you supposed to use Heath well in HHM? I cannot figure out how to use him effectively.

Just now, Benice said:

Legitimately asking, how are you supposed to use Heath well in HHM? I cannot figure out how to use him effectively.

If you're really having troubles a Pure Water and a little time on Crazed Beast nets him a decent amount of kills. Alternatively Axereavers work on the left side of the map; there are a lot of easy options there.

1 hour ago, ping said:

Heath is really good in general too. I'd give him a little less credit with LHM, but it's hard to go wrong with his physical bulk compared to the other fliers.

Heath just feels worse than the pegasus knights to me. By the time he catches up with them in level you're in Evasion Emblem, where nothing should hit Florina anyway. Fiora's a bit less immortal due to lower luck but should still be incredibly hard to kill.

Marcus is the obvious correct answer overall, Florina or (HHM) Raven is #2, depending on how I feel about mobility vs. big stats. Pent is certainly excellent too but is only around for about a third of the game, Nils/Ninian is obviously great too but dancers are hard to rate.

5 hours ago, samthedigital said:

I'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned Heath yet.

I don't even see him in contention - by the time he's relevant, the pegasi are likely flying rings around him. Not to mention the situation is far from ideal for him.

43 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I don't even see him in contention - by the time he's relevant, the pegasi are likely flying rings around him. Not to mention the situation is far from ideal for him.

Without LHM he is absolutely up there even if he's not in the running for the best unit. Some of the units mentioned are not in the running either; Priscilla, Pent, and Hector were mentioned, and they are much closer to Heath than to Marcus (not Hector, but you get the idea).

As for your two criticisms of Heath... He definitely isn't going to compare to LHM Florina, but Florina struggles outside of a utility roll without it. Fiora needs something like 10 levels and a promotion just to match his starting bulk, and once he starts doubling his combat is better anyway. His join time is also actually fairly convenient since it's right before a desert map and a few defend maps if you're looking to feed him some levels.

Edited by samthedigital

I think Heath is really good too. His one flaw is pretty much his shit base speed but he can quickly grow out of that. If you have a spare speedwing use it on him too, definitely. He's definitely not as good as the pegs, simply because they're around longer but that doesn't invalidate how good he is.

On 6/23/2020 at 9:22 AM, Dandy Druid said:

Outside of Marcus, I think Priscilla is a good candidate for that title. Good availability, has utility throughout the whole game, and Elibean Valkyries are pretty good.

She spends all of her first tier with no combat ability at all, meaning she'll level up very slowly (unless you spam heal over and over).

I never used Marcus in my only FE7 HHM run because I had no need to, so I can't even give an answer to OP's suggestive question.

My MVP was Raven.

I promoted him so early that he could basically solo until the midgame maps.

Edited by Falcom Knight

On 6/26/2020 at 4:22 AM, ArcherBias said:

Ooh, tough call. Marcus is dominant for most of the game, but Marcus has amazing weapon ranks at base. Marcus's speed is a bit low though. I guess I'll go with Marcus.

BUT!
Marcus has worse luck, meaning he is more susceptible to getting crit, which is very dangerous against those Luna Druids later on in the game.
Marcus is obviously the better choice, no matter how you look at it! But a point could be made for Marcus, whose attack power is high enough to deal with pretty much anything thrown at him, as well as Marcus, whom you can throw on the front lines and he'll tank most things for you rather safely.

Really, it's a hard choice...

3 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

My MVP was Raven.

I promoted him so early that he could basically solo until the midgame maps.

Who is this "Raven" you speak of? I only know Marcus...

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

BUT!
Marcus has worse luck, meaning he is more susceptible to getting crit, which is very dangerous against those Luna Druids later on in the game.

You forget that Marcus has a high enough weapon rank to use the Brave Lance, allowing him to avoid taking a counter at all!