How to burn RNs?

I am not currently playing PoR, but I'm curious for future reference. In the GBA games, you can easily burn Random Numbers in order to change battle outcomes, finding hidden items etc. with save states.

Does this work the same way in PoR where you just make the game determine a movement path to burn them? Is there a different technique?

IIRC PoR generates a new string of numbers each time you reset.

So if you use bexp to level, if you get a bad level up, you can simply reset and get a whole new level up.

1 hour ago, whase said:

IIRC PoR generates a new string of numbers each time you reset.

So if you use bexp to level, if you get a bad level up, you can simply reset and get a whole new level up.

Yeah but for LTC or something during a chapter,, the only way is to suspend+reset? 

15 hours ago, Fraven Pooth said:

Yeah but for LTC or something during a chapter,, the only way is to suspend+reset? 

Oh you mean you're playing on emulator? I'm lucky enough to own the actual game, so I wouldn't know about that. No save state shenanigans for me. 

But pure logically speaking, I'd imagine suspending the game and then resetting could give you a new set of RNs. The old GBA movement trick also still sounds valid. Why not just try it?

7 minutes ago, whase said:

Oh you mean you're playing on emulator? I'm lucky enough to own the actual game, so I wouldn't know about that. No save state shenanigans for me. 

But pure logically speaking, I'd imagine suspending the game and then resetting could give you a new set of RNs. The old GBA movement trick also still sounds valid. Why not just try it?

I actually also have a physical copy that my brother bought way back when for like $20 at Gamestop, lol. But if i were to play a draft i would want save states. I guess ill just do trial&error when the time comes. 

5 minutes ago, Fraven Pooth said:

I actually also have a physical copy that my brother bought way back when for like $20 at Gamestop, lol. But if i were to play a draft i would want save states. I guess ill just do trial&error when the time comes. 

Wait am I missing something else here? PoR doesn't have save states, you can suspend your game but that brings you back to the startup screen, and continuing brings you right back to your suspend point and erases the "save". I don't believe it's possible to copy a suspend point, right?

24 minutes ago, whase said:

Wait am I missing something else here? PoR doesn't have save states, you can suspend your game but that brings you back to the startup screen, and continuing brings you right back to your suspend point and erases the "save". I don't believe it's possible to copy a suspend point, right?

Yes, yes, i would just play on an emulator in that scenario 😋