Did Eliwood die in Binding Blade?

I has been years since i have played the game. But i recently started playing Heroes again, and Roy is always shouting something like ''For my father!'' and such. It sounds as if he is trying to avenge Eliwood or something. I remember that Eliwood was sick and Hector died some chapters later. But i don't remember Eliwood dying.

Pretty sure he survives...even if it doesn't really make that sense. Like, he's there the whole game. Just chilling while also being sick. Couldn't Bern just send a assassin there or something?

33 minutes ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

Pretty sure he survives...even if it doesn't really make that sense. Like, he's there the whole game. Just chilling while also being sick. Couldn't Bern just send a assassin there or something?

Serious response: Zephiel remembers how Eliwood was kind to him when he was a kid, so he can't allow himself to condone killing him. Roy is fair game since he's meddling, but Eliwood is no threat.

Joke response: Bern spares him because they're tired of the dead dad trope too.

Roy mentions in Binding Blade's epilogue that his father is still alive, but with illness and possibly age weakening him his son needs to step up in Pherae now more than ever. It's possible Bern had their hands full with reigning in Etruria, Nabata and all their other conquests to take another stab at Lycia.

They outright says during like ch 8 or something that Eliwood got better and handles the situation back in Lycia. Its why Roy can make a trip to other places without giving a fuck about the situation on the Alliance back home

Also they mentioned Bern is busy fighting against Etruria in a stalemate. IIRC Roy pretty much arrived right when Bern started to get advantage idk been a whie

2 hours ago, PyroPlazma said:

Pretty sure Eliwood is the only dad in Fire Emblem history who actually survives lol. 

But then Hector dies and that left impact on Lilina, the other main character lol

I mean, he technically could have died before Roy reached pherae in the events after the game Kappa.
Without jokes tho, yeah, it is almost a wonder how he managed to stick around even tho he was technically the protagonistfather who was the closest to death outside of those that were already dead before the story of any one game started. But welp, I appreciate at least someone in the series getting a good ending no matter what.

I forgot that i posted this yesterday. Thanks for all the answers, i tried seaching it on google. But all i got was FE heroes memes and a page of Hector on 2 diffrent Fire emblem wikis.