Do you like to have randomized weather in your turn-based SRPG

lecongvu

There have been some turn-based SRPG like Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics OrgeΒ where weathers play a role on the battlefield composition. Would you like more SRPG that do the same thing like them, where randomized weather conditons influence the battlefield? If yes, then what is the extend of the influence, since in both examples I have just mentioned the effects of weather are kind of negligible.

Ehh maybe? depends really how forgiving the game is.

I tend to dislike random elements aside from chance to hit in a strategy game (For instance I'm kinda put off by the fact TH has you pass a RNG check just to be able to change class.), I feel like everything aside from chance to hit should be fairly consistent.

It could work but the problem is the game would need to be fairly easy/the weather not do much to avoid screwing over a player potentially maybe.

On 6/26/2020 at 9:39 AM, lecongvu said:

There have been some turn-based SRPG like Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics OrgeΒ where weathers play a role on the battlefield composition. Would you like more SRPG that do the same thing like them, where randomized weather conditons influence the battlefield? If yes, then what is the extend of the influence, since in both examples I have just mentioned the effects of weather are kind of negligible.

it could be an interesting feature that adds more layers of difficulty toΒ the game's maps, as long as it's done properly with a good logic behind.

for example, reducing movement range in snowy areas, or reducing accuracy in foggy areas, could turn out to be a valid mechanic.

elemental magic could be influenced by weather as well, as long as it doesn't become something game-breaking.