An idea for potential Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn remakes

Anacybele

So I randomly got this idea that I think could work really well for Tellius remakes, mainly if they become a bundle. Which I kinda think they should anyway, since remaking one without the other would be weird. Path of Radiance is just half the story at this point. And if you remake them both at the same time, why release them separately when they could be bundled together unless IS wants to be greedy, which they should not want to be. Sure, a bundle would probably still cost more than the standard $60 that a Switch game is, but it wouldn't cost $120, I'm sure.

Anyway, here's the idea. It revolves around the data transfer feature RD has. I also decided to take a page from the new Xenoblade 1 remake.

When you transfer your data from Path of Radiance, you can not only unlock higher stats for certain characters, but also these things:

- Paired endings for any viable A support levels that also get passed (if this isn't already possible? I'm not entirely sure), including ones that were not available before like Ike x Elincia (negating the need to change anything in the story or gameplay to make them more practical, since currently, they can only be deployed together in Part 4 Endgame in RD).

- Trial maps for RD, previously only available in PoR.

- A shorter epilogue story starring Ike and Elincia, which will differ slightly whether or not you A supported them. Just a few dialogue changes here and there. Anyway, in this story, the two decide to travel for a little while to seek further allies and possibly aid for Tellius. They to go the "lands still unknown" mentioned in Ike's current ending, more or less. Renning and them are looking after Crimea in the meantime and the only reason he hasn't insisted that Elincia take bodyguards or soldiers with her is that Ike is pretty damn capable of protecting them both. lol Anyway, the two end up in a small conflict in order to gain the trust of this new place they arrive in. I'd like if I could include Micaiah in this epilogue as well so all three main characters get parts in this, but I'm not sure how to make it practical. Micaiah just got crowned while Elincia was already queen for three years, so her leaving all of a sudden doesn't seem like it'd make sense. I guess she could send Sothe, but it wouldn't feel right.

You can see why it would be most practical and customer-friendly for the remakes to be bundled now. A good deal of content would be inaccessible to someone who only gets one game. I just hope this doesn't seem like some big excuse to make Ike x Elincia work. ...Though I guess in a sense it is no matter what, but I WOULD most certainly want it to be done properly and not seem shoehorned in just for the sake of a pairing or two. Especially as a fan of any of the pairings, as I wouldn't want them to be ruined by crappy writing and execution.

What do you all think? I don't expect anything like this to happen given how allergic IS seems to be to doing much beyond bare bones crap in remakes, but would this be cool?

Edited by Anacybele

While I agree that it would be ideal that we get both in a bundle to get all the content at once instead of waiting many years I think it's a little optimistic unfortunately because it would take a lot of time and resources to produce something of that scale (especially in the current world situation) considering PoR and RD are two of the longest fire emblem games, I actually think RD is the longest though I'm not sure.

I think a system which would be cool in a PoR/RD remake is that if you have supports in PoR and then do a system transfer to the RD remake (or just have the data on the same game if it is combined) you could have a sort of "timeskip" situation like how three houses handled supports and have extra supports to tie up the lacklustre ones that went nowhere. Even to give some of the RD newcomers supports like Heather or Vika or something since their characters are hurt by RD having basically no supports.

Your suggestions for new content are good too but I do think if they remade it they'd be more likely to stay faithful to the original kind of how Echoes handled their remake even if it made the game overall worse due to map design even though I wish all those things could happen, I'd definitely throw my money at IS.

26 minutes ago, Bleuie said:

While I agree that it would be ideal that we get both in a bundle to get all the content at once instead of waiting many years I think it's a little optimistic unfortunately because it would take a lot of time and resources to produce something of that scale (especially in the current world situation) considering PoR and RD are two of the longest fire emblem games, I actually think RD is the longest though I'm not sure.

I think a system which would be cool in a PoR/RD remake is that if you have supports in PoR and then do a system transfer to the RD remake (or just have the data on the same game if it is combined) you could have a sort of "timeskip" situation like how three houses handled supports and have extra supports to tie up the lacklustre ones that went nowhere. Even to give some of the RD newcomers supports like Heather or Vika or something since their characters are hurt by RD having basically no supports.

Your suggestions for new content are good too but I do think if they remade it they'd be more likely to stay faithful to the original kind of how Echoes handled their remake even if it made the game overall worse due to map design even though I wish all those things could happen, I'd definitely throw my money at IS.

Yeah, that's why I said I don't expect anything like this to happen. Because IS is too faithful in remakes. I don't really like that attitude though, because it prevents them from doing much actual improvement and kind of the defeats the purpose of it being, you know, a remake. Zelda remakes add plenty of quality of life changes and stuff in addition to the graphical update. Pokemon remakes tend to add a lot of content. I'm not saying I want something on the level of Pokemon in an FE remake, but I'd at least improve map design and gameplay where needed and add a few other new things to make a remake really worth buying for someone who's already played the original.

I like Echoes, but as you said, the map design sucks and such. And RD needs some proper supports to flesh out its new characters, some gameplay tweaks like making characters such as Fiona, Meg, and Lyre more viable and making Tormod and his party not disappear for so long after Part 1 and so on. These are changes that I think are REALLY needed, but IS might not make due to wanting to be "faithful." 😕 So it's like, what's the point if you're not going to actually do much to improve the original.

And sure, PoR and RD together are pretty long. But Awakening, Fates, and TH have a ton of content too, even if theirs is more spread out in DLC and different story routes.

Edited by Anacybele

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So I randomly got this idea that I think could work really well for Tellius remakes, mainly if they become a bundle. Which I kinda think they should anyway, since remaking one without the other would be weird. Path of Radiance is just half the story at this point. And if you remake them both at the same time, why release them separately when they could be bundled together unless IS wants to be greedy, which they should not want to be. Sure, a bundle would probably still cost more than the standard $60 that a Switch game is, but it wouldn't cost $120, I'm sure.

Nintendo charged full price for the Link's Awakening remake: a graphical update of a 20-year-old Gameboy game. 

Anyway, I think a bundle would be a good idea, though it would probably minimize the amount of work done to each game; we'd probably see some updated textures and maybe a couple added endings, but little more than that. 

I also like that idea of a brief epilogue story. That could be interesting. 

2 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Nintendo charged full price for the Link's Awakening remake: a graphical update of a 20-year-old Gameboy game. 

That's one game though, not a bundle of more than one game. A better example to use would have been the Disney classics bundle that includes The Lion King and Aladdin, and even then, those were SNES titles that didn't really get graphical upgrades, just a few new features. Both those titles would take far less space and resources.

3 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Anyway, I think a bundle would be a good idea, though it would probably minimize the amount of work done to each game; we'd probably see some updated textures and maybe a couple added endings, but little more than that. 

Yeah, I agree with this, unfortunately. That's why I said I don't expect it to happen, I'm just wondering if it'd be cool.

4 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I also like that idea of a brief epilogue story. That could be interesting. 

Yeah, this is why I took the idea from the Xenoblade 1 remake. It did the same thing, more or less, except in that case, the epilogue story is available from the start. And also, before anyone else argues the game size thing, Xenoblade games are massive themselves. Xenoblade 2 is a game I still haven't finished because it's so big (and because I keep putting it down to play other stuff, but yeah). And it has the Torna expansion! That's DLC, but still.

And speaking of which, I didn't even mention DLC, which is something IS likes adding to FE these days. Tellius remakes surely would get some.

This is the one bundle I can get behind, because these games are intrinsically tied together more than any other.

I'm pessimistic about it happening though, there's a good chance they'll sell them separately but allow you to buy the other as DLC at a reduced price, or buy a more expensive Special edition with both. But that's better than Fates doing it.

I don't have much to say about the bits pushing your OTP but more tie-ins wouldn't hurt in a pair of games that already had transfer bonuses. One thing I'd like to add though: don't put them behind a capped level requirement (except Sothe). Limit it to promoted caps, sure, but level cap has almost always been a formality or there to put a stop endless growth.

Man, I agree with that capped level requirement thing. That's dumb. Because you're not even going to cap many characters in PoR. Only a few. So the transfer won't mean much in the end.

As for pushing Ike x Elincia, well... It's not only that they're my OTP, but also that they're one of the most popular non-canon pairings in the series. It'd make sense to capitalize on that.

Edited by Anacybele

I like your ideas, but i'd rather have the new side story/epilogue thing with Elincia, Sanaki and Micaiah. I don't see what they have to add to Ike, and I would love to see these three interact more.

The whole bundle idea makes sense, since PoR is basically like half the story anyway and they tie together very nicely. It definitely would make more sense than bundling Genealogy with Thracia or Binding with Blazing. 

If there is a remake, I hope that there are more supports (Like Ike/Micaiah, Elincia/Micaiah, etc.) and possibly more endings would be nice. 

The idea of a side story/epilogue is interesting, maybe showing how things panned out after the war and how Micaiah and Elincia are ruling. Seeing where Ike went would be cool too. 

53 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I like your ideas, but i'd rather have the new side story/epilogue thing with Elincia, Sanaki and Micaiah. I don't see what they have to add to Ike, and I would love to see these three interact more.

That would be nice too, but the problem is that they're all in very different and rather far away places from one another. It'd be difficult to realistically pull off.

43 minutes ago, CustardPudding said:

Seeing where Ike went would be cool too. 

Honestly, ANY good reason why the hell Ike would just up and leave everybody he cares about and calls his family and friends would be nice.

l like the idea of an epilogue chapter, though I'm not sure how I'd write it; I'm sure Ike's sudden leaving of Tellius would be expanded in some capacity here,.

My idea for a Path of Radiance remake and a Radiant Dawn remake should have some stuff that might for:

• Full voice acting
  • New playable characters and new antagonists
  • Gaiden or Paralogue Chapters (similar to like how Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem had it)
  • Few new classes and returning classes from other games added into both remakes
  • New skills and adding recurring skills from other games added into both remakes
  • An post-endgame content similar to one like Echoes: Shadows of Valentia had but make it bit bigger, for Path of Radiance remake, make it have a connection to Radiant Dawn's story before the three year time skip and for the Radiant Dawn remake, maybe have somewhere after Ashera is gone and show Ike leaves Tellius with taking the Ragnell with him (which we know Priam has the Ragnell after Ike died in the Awakening timeline) and might have some connections with Ike's lineage such as Priam in Awakening.

My idea for new characters should have maybe around 5 new playable characters in Path of Radiance remake and 3 new playable characters in Radiant Dawn remake:

• Maybe a Crimea Villager that has his/her home village destroyed by Daein or Bandits (similar to like Donnel and Mozu)
  • A Brigand Member (with him/her as part of the Brigand class as well) in one of the Bandits that Ike encounters since Path of Radiance lacks a playable character with a Brigand class
  • Maybe a Daein Soldier or a Daein Commander who hates Petrine treats her own soldiers from Daein cruely (similar to like how Olwen and Ilios dislikes Kemph in Thracia 776, Zeiss dislikes Narcian in The Binding Blade, and Cormag dislikes Valter in The Sacred Stones)
  • Maybe have a member of one of the Begnion's Occupational Army or Central Army (and maybe later in Radiant Dawn remake, he/she was forced to fight Ike's and Gallian's army by one of Senates to become one of the Disciples of Order without a choice. (like the Senate holding his/her family as hostages to make sure he/she doesn't betray Ashera and forced to fight against his/her trusted friends)) I was thinking of something like this:

In the Radiant Dawn remake:

[name]: Ike, I am totally sorry that this has to come.

Ike: Wait, [name], what on Tellius are you doing with the Disciples of Order? Have you know shame that to follow those fools trusted their own corrupted goddess that caused to betray Begnion; your own country, your empress, turning your people into stones. What are you fighting for [name]?

[name]: Yes, it's true that our goddess had what she become because of this war. But, the Senator [one of the Senate] forced me to fight you and I couldn't bare what they are doing my family as hostages and stabbing me behind my back. I can't return to fight you again.

Ike: Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your family. I'll find a way to save you from that bastard and get your family back together. Don't worry, we'll fight them together just like back at The Mad King's War.

[name]: Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Just make sure that you survive no matter what and I will definitely fight with you once again. I definitely liked your mono back at The Mad King's War. "I fight for my friends." It was kinda helpful that know who are your true friends are.

Ike: I know what you mean by that.

• Maybe one new member in Crimean Royal Knights, I think he/she could be a replacement of Titania when she left in the Royal Knights and he/she could have a support conversation with Titania on why she left the Royal Knights.

For Radiant Dawn remake:

• One new member in Dawn Brigade
  • Two new members introduced in the Greil Mercenaries and both were recruited after The Mad King's War (maybe one female and one male)
Edited by King Marth 64

On 6/26/2020 at 8:00 PM, Anacybele said:

I just hope this doesn't seem like some big excuse to make Ike x Elincia work. ...

Tbh, that's exactly what it sounds like to me. While I do believe Ike and Elincia should have had more interactions in RD, them having any shared ending does not make sense. That said, support chains through both games does, and I hope they do it.

I could see them bundling PoR with RD, but I don't see them coming out at the same time. Maybe PoR comes out first for $60, but you can get the special edition for $100 which includes an RD download link for when that hits the shelves.

Besides the ElinciaxIke paired ending, yes, sounds cool.

On 6/27/2020 at 7:54 AM, King Marth 64 said:

New playable characters and new antagonists

Last thing this game needs is more characters.

39 minutes ago, whase said:

them having any shared ending does not make sense.

Why? They're close and had natural chemistry in the localized version of PoR. There's no reason they can't realistically fall in love.

But that being said, I wouldn't be opposed to a platonic ending.

40 minutes ago, whase said:

Last thing this game needs is more characters.

Agreed. Also, he had no business making that post anyway, since this thread is about an idea I came up with, not other people's ideas. It's off topic.

On 6/29/2020 at 5:53 PM, Anacybele said:

Why? They're close and had natural chemistry in the localized version of PoR. There's no reason they can't realistically fall in love.

But that being said, I wouldn't be opposed to a platonic ending.

Oh I'm not saying they can't have feelings for one another. Elincia clearly has feelings for Ike, and after Ike's obsession with challenging the Black Knight is over he might find feelings for Elincia. I do believe the final cutscene of PoR could point to that.

But with that said, I still don't think they could have a shared ending. Even if they were head over heels for one another, their lifestyles don't match.

Elincia would never give up her place on the throne. Even if she does trust Renning completely to be a fair ruler, stepping down would make her feel like she'd be letting her country down. Putting herself before her country is not something I'd see Elincia do. Had Renning been there at the end of PoR, then sure. But at the end of RD she's been through too much.

As for Ike, could you see him sit still in a castle? Neither can I. While Elincia would have no problems with living a commoner life, Ike would have big problems with living a life in a castle. Doing stuffy noble stuff would bore him to death, he needs to be out in the world. There's a reason he revoked his lord status right after PoR, he's okay with it if he needs it to lead an army, but if it weren't for that he never would have accepted it. Castles are not for him. If he were to try and build a life with Elincia, they would hardly get to see one another, as Ike would always try to be not near nobility, and Elincia would.

Either way, that's my view on the matter. It's sad really but it makes for a nice story. In my mind Ike never gets together with anyone. Not because he doesn't want to, but because he prefers the way he lives his life. And that's why Elincia and Ike can't have a shared ending, not even platonic. Their lives are too different. (And Geoffrey is a slight little bit like Ike, and that's why Elincia eventually settles for him.)

Hope that makes sense.

39 minutes ago, whase said:

But with that said, I still don't think they could have a shared ending. Even if they were head over heels for one another, their lifestyles don't match.

Elincia would never give up her place on the throne. Even if she does trust Renning completely to be a fair ruler, stepping down would make her feel like she'd be letting her country down. Putting herself before her country is not something I'd see Elincia do. Had Renning been there at the end of PoR, then sure. But at the end of RD she's been through too much.

As for Ike, could you see him sit still in a castle? Neither can I. While Elincia would have no problems with living a commoner life, Ike would have big problems with living a life in a castle. Doing stuffy noble stuff would bore him to death, he needs to be out in the world. There's a reason he revoked his lord status right after PoR, he's okay with it if he needs it to lead an army, but if it weren't for that he never would have accepted it. Castles are not for him. If he were to try and build a life with Elincia, they would hardly get to see one another, as Ike would always try to be not near nobility, and Elincia would.

Either way, that's my view on the matter. It's sad really but it makes for a nice story. In my mind Ike never gets together with anyone. Not because he doesn't want to, but because he prefers the way he lives his life. And that's why Elincia and Ike can't have a shared ending, not even platonic. Their lives are too different. (And Geoffrey is a slight little bit like Ike, and that's why Elincia eventually settles for him.)

Hope that makes sense.

On Elincia's side here, that's all fine and understandable, even if I don't think it's completely OoC for her to give the throne to Renning, since as you pointed out, she trusts him entirely. But it's fine to believe Elincia wouldn't give up her throne anyway. I feel like she'd be very sad not to be able to marry the man she loves and instead have to marry someone else so she can have an heir. But still.

However, I can't see Ike deciding to reject a woman he loves that loves him back just because of her lifestyle. That's just not Ike. He already chose to be her army's general because he was thinking of her and other people's needs and desires before his own, even when Elincia said she wouldn't force him to do it. I just think it'd be selfish of Ike to reject Elincia simply because he'd end up in a lifestyle he dislikes. If he loves her and she loves him, why would he prioritize his dislikes over that? Besides, I'm sure Elincia would do everything she could to make him comfortable since she would love him.

I also can't see Elincia just settling. She's not mean like that. Poor Geoffrey. I'm not the biggest fan of him, but he doesn't deserve to just be settled on. The guy should be loved!

But I will respect your view. I just hope you can understand and respect mine too.

Edited by Anacybele

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

On Elincia's side here, that's all fine and understandable, even if I don't think it's completely OoC for her to give the throne to Renning, since as you pointed out, she trusts him entirely. But it's fine to believe Elincia wouldn't give up her throne anyway. I feel like she'd be very sad not to be able to marry the man she loves and instead have to marry someone else so she can have an heir. But still.

However, I can't see Ike deciding to reject a woman he loves that loves him back just because of her lifestyle. That's just not Ike. He already chose to be her army's general because he was thinking of her and other people's needs and desires before his own, even when Elincia said she wouldn't force him to do it. I just think it'd be selfish of Ike to reject Elincia simply because he'd end up in a lifestyle he dislikes. If he loves her and she loves him, why would he prioritize his dislikes over that? Besides, I'm sure Elincia would do everything she could to make him comfortable since she would love him.

I also can't see Elincia just settling. She's not mean like that. Poor Geoffrey. I'm not the biggest fan of him, but he doesn't deserve to just be settled on. The guy should be loved!

But I will respect your view. I just hope you can understand and respect mine too.

I definitely think IS wouldn't bother to add romantic supports for Ike with Elincia since we know Ike has a descendant in Awakening named Priam (I think that would be a problem if one of the Crimea Royal Bloodline be away from the continent) and plus, it would take away being the first main character not being royal. I definitely think IS would might add an Endgame in Radiant Dawn remake would show who was the girl from another continent (or if the girl that fallen love with Ike came from Tellius might travel with Ike and Soren or Ranulf as a Short Independent Traveling Mercenaries might have doing a request for the girl to travel) that Ike meet that started their relationship and managed to start off his bloodline.

Also, I'm totally sorry that I put my ideas down about for the potential Path of Radiance remake and Radiant Dawn remake, I thought this was an idea thread for us to think about for an ideal potential Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn remake that might improve something. Speaking of which, what type of new playable characters and new antagonists did you have in your mind for a potential Path of Radiance remake and Radiant Dawn remake?

Edited by King Marth 64

53 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I definitely think IS wouldn't bother to add romantic supports for Ike with Elincia since we know Ike has a descendant in Awakening named Priam (I think that would be a problem if one of the Crimea Royal Bloodline be away from the continent)

This would be valid. Except Priam is so far down the line that it wouldn't matter. Family lines branch off and can branch off quite a bit after so many years. Priam could be from a member that decided to travel while other siblings took over the royal duties. There might be tons of children born between Ike's time and Priam's.

53 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Speaking of which, what type of new playable characters and new antagonists did you have in your mind for a potential Path of Radiance remake and Radiant Dawn remake?

Realistically, none. These games have a huge cast as is. But if I had to add a character at all, it'd be a guy named Jerec, who is Bryce's son. To expand further on who could've been a really interesting and sympathetic character imo. Jerec would be an antagonist later turned protagonist. That is to say, gradually swayed to the player's side and eventually recruited. He's of the Soldier class line. Through him, we get to learn a lot more about Bryce and why he remained so loyal to Ashnard and Daein. Other than Jerec, though, nobody else.

And don't worry much, there are no hard feelings here.

Edited by Anacybele

18 hours ago, whase said:

Who says that he'd have to do so? Based on Micaiah and Soren's paired ending, it seems that the husband of a queen regnant in Tellius does not automatically gain any rank, title, or government position. He could go outside and do mercenary work at the same time that Elincia is dealing with nobles. 

11 hours ago, Anacybele said:

This would be valid. Except Priam is so far down the line that it wouldn't matter. Family lines branch off and can branch off quite a bit after so many years. Priam could be from a member that decided to travel while other siblings took over the royal duties. There might be tons of children born between Ike's time and Priam's.

Priam could also be Mist's descendant, given that Marth is referred to as a descendant of Anri despite actually being descended from Anri's brother and the fact that Anri died childless. 

10 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Who says that he'd have to do so? Based on Micaiah and Soren's paired ending, it seems that the husband of a queen regnant in Tellius does not automatically gain any rank, title, or government position. He could go outside and do mercenary work at the same time that Elincia is dealing with nobles. 

This is true too. Geoffrey also is not said to gain any rank by marrying Elincia. And even in our own medieval times, men who married queens did not become kings, they became what's called a prince consort. Which actually would be more to Ike's liking anyway from what I've learned.

10 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Priam could also be Mist's descendant, given that Marth is referred to as a descendant of Anri despite actually being descended from Anri's brother and the fact that Anri died childless. 

Just because Marth isn't directly descended from Anri doesn't mean Priam has to be indirect from Ike too. IS doesn't have to follow a pattern. Also, given that Priam has Ragnell and takes on an Ike-like appearance and stuff, I think it'd be weird for him to not be his direct descendant. Especially because of Ragnell. Mist isn't passing that sword down. Some people argue that it isn't the real Ragnell because you can get more than one in Awakening, but then...why? Why go to the trouble of making this guy look like Ike, act like Ike, have his class, and wield his weapon if he isn't really his direct descendant and it isn't the real Ragnell? It would just ruin the idea imo.

Edited by Anacybele

On 7/1/2020 at 11:14 AM, Anacybele said:

This is true too. Geoffrey also is not said to gain any rank by marrying Elincia. And even in our own medieval times, men who married queens did not become kings, they became what's called a prince consort. Which actually would be more to Ike's liking anyway from what I've learned.

That actually varied from kingdom to kingdom and even changed over time. A good rule of Medieval European History: never assume that something was the same across Europe for the whole period. Only the plague was 100% widespread, and even then at different times.

That said, I can just imagine Ike's reaction if he was told that he'd have to be called Prince Consort. "Does this mean yet another funny hat or something?"

On 7/1/2020 at 11:14 AM, Anacybele said:

Just because Marth isn't directly descended from Anri doesn't mean Priam has to be indirect from Ike too. IS doesn't have to follow a pattern. Also, given that Priam has Ragnell and takes on an Ike-like appearance and stuff, I think it'd be weird for him to not be his direct descendant. Especially because of Ragnell. Mist isn't passing that sword down. Some people argue that it isn't the real Ragnell because you can get more than one in Awakening, but then...why? Why go to the trouble of making this guy look like Ike, act like Ike, have his class, and wield his weapon if he isn't really his direct descendant and it isn't the real Ragnell? It would just ruin the idea imo.

I'm not saying that he has to be; I'm just saying that it is a possibility. 

Didn't Ike always return Ragnell to Begnion whenever a war was over? He had no special attachment to it, so it could've ended up anywhere. 

Edited by vanguard333

That actually varied from kingdom to kingdom and even changed over time. A good rule of Medieval European History: never assume that something was the same across Europe for the whole period. Not even the plague was 100% widespread. 

That said, I can just imagine Ike's reaction if he was told that he'd have to be called Prince Consort. "Does this mean yet another funny hat or something?"

Oh, really? Well, it was the case in some countries, in any case. And LOL yeah. Ike's funny hat line in PoR makes me laugh every time. XD

I'm not saying that he has to be; I'm just saying that it is a possibility. 

Didn't Ike always return Ragnell to Begnion whenever a war was over? He had no special attachment to it, so it could've ended up anywhere. 

True.

And no, he was paid with it in RD when Sanaki gave it to him as a down payment. A down payment is an initial payment that's to be part of a larger payment later. Granted, Ike could've still returned it anyway for whatever reason (and I actually did have him do so in my fics, though more because I forgot about the down payment thing at that time), but as of the point in RD where Sanaki gives it to him, it's technically under his ownership.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, really? Well, it was the case in some countries, in any case. And LOL yeah. Ike's funny hat line in PoR makes me laugh every time. XD

Indeed it was; I'm just saying that it wasn't universal. Some places used the title King Consort, and some didn't give them a title at all. One reason it varied a lot was because of the rarity of having a Queen Regnant; it was more a case of, "Oh my! We never considered this! We always had kings! What do we do?! What do we do?!" 

Same; I always laugh whenever I read that line. 

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And no, he was paid with it in RD when Sanaki gave it to him as a down payment. A down payment is an initial payment that's to be part of a larger payment later. Granted, Ike could've still returned it anyway for whatever reason (and I actually did have him do so in my fics, though more because I forgot about the down payment thing at that time), but as of the point in RD where Sanaki gives it to him, it's technically under his ownership.

Huh; I must've forgotten that. 

9 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Indeed it was; I'm just saying that it wasn't universal. Some places used the title King Consort, and some didn't give them a title at all. One reason it varied a lot was because of the rarity of having a Queen Regnant; it was more a case of, "Oh my! We never considered this! We always had kings! What do we do?! What do we do?!" 

Ah, I see. Makes sense.

9 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Huh; I must've forgotten that. 

It does seem to be an easily missed detail despite being part of the main story and not in a side conversation or something. I missed it at first too. lol

On 7/1/2020 at 4:14 PM, Anacybele said:

Some people argue that it isn't the real Ragnell because you can get more than one in Awakening, but then...why?

I highly doubt the Infinite Regalia DLC is in any way canon. It's just a way for players to get more legendary weapons.