An idea for potential Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn remakes

Anacybele

Just now, NinjaMonkey said:

I highly doubt the Infinite Regalia DLC is in any way canon. It's just a way for players to get more legendary weapons.

Oh, that's how you get them? Then yeah, I wouldn't consider that canon.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, that's how you get them? Then yeah, I wouldn't consider that canon.

The DLC chapters are canon because there were some mentions about some DLC chapters in Awakening were mentioned in Fates like in Selena and Odin's conversation about the Hot-Spring Scramble in their Support B conversation in Fates.

By the way, I was wondering about your ideal of an Post Game Content for a Radiant Dawn remake since I think the plot of Ike leaving Tellius should be showed off in the post game content to show why Ike decided to leave Tellius after Ashera fell or how Ike was left Tellius (like something happened) and it will might have add some more lore and bigger connections to Awakening and Priam's lineage. And what are your ideal things do you think about a new female character that's going to be Ike's first wife or girlfriend and female ancestor of Priam (maybe not part of one of Ike's army since we only know Soren or Ranulf are the only two playable characters that goes with Ike) should contribute to the Post Game content's plot potential Radiant Dawn remake?

I think I do recall remember you did said years ago that it felt dumb for Ike leaving Tellius without an explanation on the game's ending in Radiant Dawn. What about if one of the reasons for a new Post Game Content made a better explanation in the Potential Radiant Dawn remake explains why Ike might have left Tellius so that he helps out a girl in Tellius to travel to another continent that later becomes his wife or giving his offspring (unmarried) similar to how in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia that has Alm helps a Foreign Trader to guard him travel to Archanea or he might have gotten hated by the people who worship Ashera after Ike defeated Ashera and something bad happened to Tellius might happened that caused him to leave Tellius and then he meets his first wife on a different continent maybe like Valentia/Valm that might help out expanding more lore for Ike.

Edited by King Marth 64

11 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

The DLC chapters are canon because there were some mentions about some DLC chapters in Awakening were mentioned in Fates like in Selena and Odin's conversation about the Hot-Spring Scramble in their Support B conversation in Fates.

I consider some of the DLC content canon, yes. Like Priam. But not all of it.

11 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

By the way, I was wondering about your ideal of an Post Game Content for a Radiant Dawn remake since I think the plot of Ike leaving Tellius should be showed off in the post game content to show why Ike decided to leave Tellius after Ashera fell or how Ike was left Tellius (like something happened) and it will might have add some more lore and bigger connections to Awakening and Priam's lineage. And what are your ideal things do you think about a new female character that's going to be Ike's first wife or girlfriend and female ancestor of Priam (maybe not part of one of Ike's army since we only know Soren or Ranulf are the only two playable characters that goes with Ike) should contribute to the Post Game content's plot potential Radiant Dawn remake?

I think I do recall remember you did said years ago that it felt dumb for Ike leaving Tellius without an explanation on the game's ending in Radiant Dawn. What about if one of the reasons for a new Post Game Content made a better explanation in the Potential Radiant Dawn remake explains why Ike might have left Tellius so that he helps out a girl in Tellius to travel to another continent that later becomes his wife or giving his offspring (unmarried) similar to how in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia that has Alm helps a Foreign Trader to guard him travel to Archanea or he might have gotten hated by the people who worship Ashera after Ike defeated Ashera and something bad happened to Tellius might happened that caused him to leave Tellius and then he meets his first wife on a different continent maybe like Valentia/Valm that might help out expanding more lore for Ike.

I'd like some reasonable explanation, yes. That'd be part of the point of that epilogue chapter I came up with, with the exception that Ike doesn't leave forever. He and Elincia will return after gaining the trust of that new land since obviously, Elincia in particular shouldn't be gone for too long. And no matter what the case, I don't think Ike should leave forever anyway. Traveling temporarily, sure. But never coming back to his home and friends and family? That just is not him at all imo.

If a canon female love interest was given to Ike in such an epilogue though, I'd be fine with it as long as she's a good character. I may ship him with Elincia right now, but I'm still open to Ike marrying another awesome girl.

Edited by Anacybele

I also don't believe Ike would leave Tellius with no intention to return. Though I do believe the epilogue implies he never does. It may be that circumstances prevented him from returning, it could even be that he died on this new journey?

17 hours ago, whase said:

I also don't believe Ike would leave Tellius with no intention to return. Though I do believe the epilogue implies he never does. It may be that circumstances prevented him from returning, it could even be that he died on this new journey?

So what are your thoughts that might help explain better why Ike leaves Tellius forever and it prevented him to return for a post game content in a potential Radiant Dawn remake? I could assume one thing that the people that were worship Ashera could hate Ike and some tragedy happened in Tellius like they could have a grudge against Ike for some reasons since he did defeated their goddess and maybe asked to be leave Tellius forever when that happened similar (not trying to make Ike sounded like a cowardly leaving request for Ike but maybe Exiling Ike by Force to leave Tellius forever, I was kinda picture something like Trevor Belmont from the Castlevania video games and Netflix series was exiled by the church in a similar sense that Ike had been through after dealing with Ashera) similar to like how Elincia had to deal with the Rebels rebelling her in Part 2 of Radiant Dawn.

Edited by King Marth 64

13 hours ago, whase said:

Yeah, those things are possible, but we don't know, and that's my issue, so as of right now it still looks out of character and forced to me.

On 7/3/2020 at 10:41 PM, King Marth 64 said:

So what are your thoughts that might help explain better why Ike leaves Tellius forever and it prevented him to return for a post game content in a potential Radiant Dawn remake? I could assume one thing that the people that were worship Ashera could hate Ike and some tragedy happened in Tellius like they could have a grudge against Ike for some reasons since he did defeated their goddess and maybe asked to be leave Tellius forever when that happened similar (not trying to make Ike sounded like a cowardly leaving request for Ike but maybe Exiling Ike by Force to leave Tellius forever, I was kinda picture something like Trevor Belmont from the Castlevania video games and Netflix series was exiled by the church in a similar sense that Ike had been through after dealing with Ashera) similar to like how Elincia had to deal with the Rebels rebelling her in Part 2 of Radiant Dawn.

No, Ike leaving because of people hating him doesn't sound like him at all to me. I don't recall all of the Greil Mercs their endings, but I could imagine them starting to drift apart. Under the rule of Elincia Crimea might become too peaceful for Ike to find enough work. Maybe Nailah invited him to come and see her country. Or my current favorite, a random sailor hires the Greil mercs for an excursion to a new continent he discovered.

I should read the endings for the Greil Mercs again, do they confirm none of them actually leave with Ike? I know only Ranulf and Soren's upports say they do leave with him, but does that prove nobody else does?

On 7/3/2020 at 10:47 PM, Anacybele said:

Yeah, those things are possible, but we don't know, and that's my issue, so as of right now it still looks out of character and forced to me.

Those exact words, that's exactly how I feel about IkexElincia. XD

I guess both our points are equally valid, we simply don't know. Our own views on the subject stop us from seeing the validity of each other's views? idk

Also, so many random things were thrown into Awakening, I can't take it seriously for other games' lore. I don't think Priam proves anything. (Besides, Awakening has a multiverse. If you do count the lore, he could still only be one in a million universes chance to exist.)

1 hour ago, whase said:

I should read the endings for the Greil Mercs again, do they confirm none of them actually leave with Ike? I know only Ranulf and Soren's upports say they do leave with him, but does that prove nobody else does?

Just Ike. Soren or Ranulf join him if they had an A support, though!

The thing with Elincia stepping down in favor of Renning poses two problems- The first being more hypothetical, in that the people would probably be angry and it goes against her character arc. The second is that Renning is much older and has little chance in bearing children- there would be a large inheritance dispute after his death if Elincia was absent.

I dunno, I feel like Ike shouldn't leave Tellius, period. He tells Mist in their A-support conversation that he'll never leave and proceeds to do so, which makes no sense for his character. I think that both Ike leaving Tellius and marrying Elincia are out of character, but him leaving Tellius is more out of character for him.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Just Ike. Soren or Ranulf join him if they had an A support, though!

The thing with Elincia stepping down in favor of Renning poses two problems- The first being more hypothetical, in that the people would probably be angry and it goes against her character arc. The second is that Renning is much older and has little chance in bearing children- there would be a large inheritance dispute after his death if Elincia was absent.

I dunno, I feel like Ike shouldn't leave Tellius, period. He tells Mist in their A-support conversation that he'll never leave and proceeds to do so, which makes no sense for his character. I think that both Ike leaving Tellius and marrying Elincia are out of character, but him leaving Tellius is more out of character for him.

Well, we don't know exactly why Ike left Tellius and disappeared since it wasn't explained in Radiant Dawn. And plus, Priam is in Awakening since Ike was out of Tellius and he did helped out Chrom in Awakening. I think Chrom doesn't exactly knows about what happened to Ike after he disappeared and left Tellius until Priam showed up when Chrom explored that hidden village in Valm to see the rumors of the descendant of the Radiant Hero existed and Chrom did have a good history knowledge with the entire world. I definitely think a proper explanation on what happened to Ike left Tellius for a Post Game Content should help explains his character more and some lore connection with his lineage to Priam as well.

Edited by King Marth 64

The thing that I would especially love would be some gaiden chapters featuring the characters who don't have a lot of screentime. Just think of how awesome it would be if you had a paralogue with Tormod, Vika and Muarim or even a paralogue explaining how Geoffrey learned of Renning where you team up with Batsian and Volke. Or my personal favorite: have defend chapters between the tower chapters where you have to stop reinforcments from entering the tower of guidance and failure would increase the difficulty of the next chapter. This sould force the player to keep some good units out of the tower.

Also for @Anacybele, I have an idea of a potential "Shared" ending between Ike and Elincia that wouldn't be out of character: "As the war ended Ike left Tellius never to return, and Elincia kept her duties as queen. No matter how much time would pass, or the distance that separated the two they still thought of each other. One day, when Crimea was fully repaired, Elincia dissapeared, rumors state that she was seen at an harbor shortly after."

6 minutes ago, Nephenee's_Thighs said:

Also for @Anacybele, I have an idea of a potential "Shared" ending between Ike and Elincia that wouldn't be out of character: "As the war ended Ike left Tellius never to return, and Elincia kept her duties as queen. No matter how much time would pass, or the distance that separated the two they still thought of each other. One day, when Crimea was fully repaired, Elincia dissapeared, rumors state that she was seen at an harbor shortly after."

This works okay, yeah. Not the best case scenario to me, but can't be picky or greedy, right?

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Nephenee's_Thighs said:

What kind of ending would you have prefered?

Marriage and at least a couple kids, but I know it's tough to make that work.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh hey @Anacybele, I think we might have forgot to bring up about what type of Turnwheel/Divine Pulse mechanic should be introduced in the potential Path of Radiance remake and potential Radiant Dawn remake similar to like how Echoes: Shadows of Valentia had the Mila's Turnwheel for Alm and Celica & Three Houses has Divine Pulse for Byleth. I was thinking that Ike should get Ashera's Turnwheel or maybe a Crimean Turnwheel that was hold by the Crimean Royal House for the potential Path of Radiance remake and for few at potential Radiant Dawn remake, maybe Micaiah might get the Yune's Turnwheel, and I think Elincia or Ike might receive a Ashera's Turnwheel from Sanaki from Part 4 or somewhere at Part 3.

I was thinking Ike could receive the Crimean Turnwheel from Elincia at Chapter 5 in the potential Path of Radiance remake and maybe Micaiah could receive the Yune's Turnwheel from the Black Knight at Part 1, Chapter 9 in the potential Radiant Dawn remake. But, I think the biggest problem who holds the Turnwheel for the potential Radiant Dawn remake is in Part 2 and I think it might be really hard for the entire Crimean Army commanders to hold the Turnwheel since some chapters in Part 2 were mainly focus on Elincia, Lucia, and Geoffrey while Brom and Nephenee have their own chapter (Part 2, Chapter 1) unless if Ike returned the Crimean Turnwheel to Elincia after The Mad King's War ended years ago and Elincia might give it to either Lucia or Geoffrey to hold it temporary.

But, what type of Turnwheel Mechanic do you think it should be introduced in the potential Path of Radiance remake and potential Radiance Dawn remake?

By the way, I was also might think there is a another way that Ike might have not came back to Tellius, what do you think if Ike might have caught some sorta disease (but, he's still alive) during at his travels to another continent that caused him not travel to another world anymore after he departed Tellius while Ike's new wife and maybe Soren and Ranulf took care of Ike for a while and trains his new off springs to wield the Ragnell so that it can be passed on to up to where we see Priam holds.  

Edited by King Marth 64

I think it would be fun if the turnwheel were worked into Lehran's medallion.

First few chapters of PoR there would be no turnwheel, it would be introduced after the cutscene where Mist shows the medallion to Elincia. At this point perhaps it would only have 1 or 2 uses. Mist would be the one to use it, and it can be used whether she is deployed or not.

Over the course of the game, Soren could be doing research on this power. That way the number of uses could build up, and spoilers, when the medallion gets stolen, he could reproduce this power through magical means.

In RD, we start with Micaiah, who can basically predict the future. The turnwheel could be shown not as rewinding time, but as her "predicting the failed timeline" and then steering to correct.

Part 2 we have Crimea, and Leanne joining in the first chapter. I can't remember if she actually had the medallion with her, but it wouldn't be weird if she did.

And part 3 we get Soren again, problem solved. I do think it would be fun if the Micaiah chapter you would have to deal with a declining number of turnwheel uses to reflect the chaos in Micaiah's head. The Crimea chapter might have to be played without timewheel though...

Part 4, well, Yune~

5 hours ago, whase said:

First few chapters of PoR there would be no turnwheel, it would be introduced after the cutscene where Mist shows the medallion to Elincia. At this point perhaps it would only have 1 or 2 uses. Mist would be the one to use it, and it can be used whether she is deployed or not.

Over the course of the game, Soren could be doing research on this power. That way the number of uses could build up, and spoilers, when the medallion gets stolen, he could reproduce this power through magical means.

In RD, we start with Micaiah, who can basically predict the future. The turnwheel could be shown not as rewinding time, but as her "predicting the failed timeline" and then steering to correct.

Part 2 we have Crimea, and Leanne joining in the first chapter. I can't remember if she actually had the medallion with her, but it wouldn't be weird if she did.

And part 3 we get Soren again, problem solved. I do think it would be fun if the Micaiah chapter you would have to deal with a declining number of turnwheel uses to reflect the chaos in Micaiah's head. The Crimea chapter might have to be played without timewheel though...

Part 4, well, Yune~

I would accept this idea, it fits well into the setting even if people are going to whine and complain about "the game being designed around it" like they did with Three Houses.

This coming from someone who played original Tellius.

16 hours ago, whase said:

Part 4, well, Yune~

Except, I don't think using a Turnwheel mechanic on Lehran's Medallion is a good idea nor be used on Micaiah as well and plus, we did see the Turnwheel items were used for main characters only, I definitely think it should be introduced as a new item in the potential Tellius remakes. Touching the Medallion would cause anyone with a Grey Side to become Berserk since that happened to Greil, Ashnard, and even Ike from Heroes and plus, the Medallion was stolen in the later chapters in Path of Radiance. Those two turnwheels were used in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia and Three Houses were powered by God Energy and Micaiah isn't on-par as Byleth's God level since she's a branded Heron, she probably won't control time on her own like Byleth does.

I still think they should introduced two or three more Turnwheels in the potential Radiant Dawn remakes.

Edited by King Marth 64

6 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Except, I don't think using a Turnwheel mechanic on Lehran's Medallion is a good idea nor be used on Micaiah as well and plus, we did see the Turnwheel items were used for main characters only, I definitely think it should be introduced as a new item in the potential Tellius remakes. Touching the Medallion would cause anyone with a Grey Side to become Berserk since that happened to Greil, Ashnard, and even Ike from Heroes and plus, the Medallion was stolen in the later chapters in Path of Radiance. Those two turnwheels were used in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia and Three Houses were powered by God Energy and Micaiah isn't on-par as Byleth's God level since she's a branded Heron, she probably won't control time on her own like Byleth does.

I still think they should introduced two or three more Turnwheels in the potential Radiant Dawn remakes.

I think that would be a real shame lore-wise. How would all our mains be able to get their hands on such powerful items, while the enemy has none? Sure in Echoes both Alm and Celica have a timewheel, but that story has so many flaws that a few more will hardly be noticed. I hold Tellius to a higher standard and I can't imagine a bunch of timewheels thrown into the story as a good thing.

All the reasons you pointed out for why my idea wouldn't work, are all points I explained why it could work in my previous post, but since I apparently wasn't clear enough, allow be to elaborate.

7 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Touching the Medallion would cause anyone with a Grey Side to become Berserk since that happened to Greil, Ashnard, and even Ike from Heroes

True, but in my example the only ones holding the medallion are Mist and Leanne, whom we know can hold it. Soren would therefor extract some of its time-rewinding power without having to touch it.

plus, the Medallion was stolen in the later chapters in Path of Radiance.

Which is why I explicitly stated that Soren could copy its magic before that point, so now he has that magic.

Micaiah isn't on-par as Byleth's God level since she's a branded Heron, she probably won't control time on her own like Byleth does.

Which is why it could work more as her predicting a possible future, like the rewinded time being a vision she had of the future, which is an established power she does have.

we did see the Turnwheel items were used for main characters only

Though does it have to be? It needs to be a character that cannot die, but for story purposes both Soren and Mist fill that requirement.

I'm not saying my idea is perfect, or that they have to do it this way. I'm just saying I'd prefer this a lot more than just throwing in some random timewheels.

• 5 months later...

I hope this isn't necroposting ...

Given I've been weirdly hearing more chatter on Tellius remakes, was thinking about what IS is most likely to do.  On a pure scale of time/money vs Extras, I can see them having this as a switch remake on the back burner to throw at us gamers in-between development on an all-new FE, since there's far less creative assets to have to make up on the spot (story / character design / level design particularly).

I can most see a Majora's Mask (3DS)-like situation where there's really not a lot of updates other than graphical and a few QoL bits.

- in-battle textures and map textures are a duh, probably most notably bumping up PoR's quality to at minimum RD-level, though I can see them playing around with Three Houses engine to see what they could do there. (since a common criticism of 3H was 'boring ass maps')

- Expanding PoR's supports to include the unused ones + rehauling RD's supports

- Fixing the easy/normal//hard difficulties since those two games were notoriously unbalanced. Perhaps even adding the infamous lunatic/maddening modes of the later games (ohhh i would love this, having played OG PoR:JP maniac)

- maybe redoing PoR's sprites? Those sprites have not aged gracefully (as much as I love them), so I can see a crisper 3H look to both.

- I go back and forth on fully voiced; that'd add a lot of $$$, but if they already have decent actors on hand with FE:H, and they're more used to that pipeline and they know gamers aren't going to run away in fear of casting choices ... hm.

- cleaning up the FMV's a tad and/or the UX/UI.

Really don't think they'll touch the story or the characters (I hope they don't, was very satisfied with it).

• 8 months later...

This is mostly hearsay at the moment as I never had a chance to play the game properly, but I always wonder why they just brought Ike in without any sort of character development to make up for usurping Micaiah.

I would actually prefer Ike having to go through another set of character development. Make it more like Persona 5 or Three Houses where he clearly now has to deal with corrupt senators, and ended up having to do a lot stuff that he opposed in primciple. Show him, Elincia, and Sanaki interacting with the Senators, and them grumbling behind their backs. And show that Ike got really tired of all of the senators' bullshit and what not, he got massively jaded, both with his own actions three years ago, and the fact that he could not stop the atrocities and oppressions that people he thought were on the same side committed. If this was already shown in some capacity, then make it more obvious that Ike's struggling with that, and that he ended up rejecting the glory out of guilt and frustration.

Ideally, also show Micaiah more screentime, and adress the fake billing which kinda tuned me off, especially after playing Crimson Flower and seeing Edie all in her glory.

Edited by henrymidfields