Sign in to follow this  
Anacybele

An idea for potential Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn remakes

Just now, NinjaMonkey said:

I highly doubt the Infinite Regalia DLC is in any way canon. It's just a way for players to get more legendary weapons.

Oh, that's how you get them? Then yeah, I wouldn't consider that canon.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, that's how you get them? Then yeah, I wouldn't consider that canon.

The DLC chapters are canon because there were some mentions about some DLC chapters in Awakening were mentioned in Fates like in Selena and Odin's conversation about the Hot-Spring Scramble in their Support B conversation in Fates.

By the way, I was wondering about your ideal of an Post Game Content for a Radiant Dawn remake since I think the plot of Ike leaving Tellius should be showed off in the post game content to show why Ike decided to leave Tellius after Ashera fell or how Ike was left Tellius (like something happened) and it will might have add some more lore and bigger connections to Awakening and Priam's lineage. And what are your ideal things do you think about a new female character that's going to be Ike's first wife or girlfriend and female ancestor of Priam (maybe not part of one of Ike's army since we only know Soren or Ranulf are the only two playable characters that goes with Ike) should contribute to the Post Game content's plot potential Radiant Dawn remake?

I think I do recall remember you did said years ago that it felt dumb for Ike leaving Tellius without an explanation on the game's ending in Radiant Dawn. What about if one of the reasons for a new Post Game Content made a better explanation in the Potential Radiant Dawn remake explains why Ike might have left Tellius so that he helps out a girl in Tellius to travel to another continent that later becomes his wife or giving his offspring (unmarried) similar to how in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia that has Alm helps a Foreign Trader to guard him travel to Archanea or he might have gotten hated by the people who worship Ashera after Ike defeated Ashera and something bad happened to Tellius might happened that caused him to leave Tellius and then he meets his first wife on a different continent maybe like Valentia/Valm that might help out expanding more lore for Ike.

Edited by King Marth 64

11 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

The DLC chapters are canon because there were some mentions about some DLC chapters in Awakening were mentioned in Fates like in Selena and Odin's conversation about the Hot-Spring Scramble in their Support B conversation in Fates.

I consider some of the DLC content canon, yes. Like Priam. But not all of it.

11 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

By the way, I was wondering about your ideal of an Post Game Content for a Radiant Dawn remake since I think the plot of Ike leaving Tellius should be showed off in the post game content to show why Ike decided to leave Tellius after Ashera fell or how Ike was left Tellius (like something happened) and it will might have add some more lore and bigger connections to Awakening and Priam's lineage. And what are your ideal things do you think about a new female character that's going to be Ike's first wife or girlfriend and female ancestor of Priam (maybe not part of one of Ike's army since we only know Soren or Ranulf are the only two playable characters that goes with Ike) should contribute to the Post Game content's plot potential Radiant Dawn remake?

I think I do recall remember you did said years ago that it felt dumb for Ike leaving Tellius without an explanation on the game's ending in Radiant Dawn. What about if one of the reasons for a new Post Game Content made a better explanation in the Potential Radiant Dawn remake explains why Ike might have left Tellius so that he helps out a girl in Tellius to travel to another continent that later becomes his wife or giving his offspring (unmarried) similar to how in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia that has Alm helps a Foreign Trader to guard him travel to Archanea or he might have gotten hated by the people who worship Ashera after Ike defeated Ashera and something bad happened to Tellius might happened that caused him to leave Tellius and then he meets his first wife on a different continent maybe like Valentia/Valm that might help out expanding more lore for Ike.

I'd like some reasonable explanation, yes. That'd be part of the point of that epilogue chapter I came up with, with the exception that Ike doesn't leave forever. He and Elincia will return after gaining the trust of that new land since obviously, Elincia in particular shouldn't be gone for too long. And no matter what the case, I don't think Ike should leave forever anyway. Traveling temporarily, sure. But never coming back to his home and friends and family? That just is not him at all imo.

If a canon female love interest was given to Ike in such an epilogue though, I'd be fine with it as long as she's a good character. I may ship him with Elincia right now, but I'm still open to Ike marrying another awesome girl.

Edited by Anacybele

I also don't believe Ike would leave Tellius with no intention to return. Though I do believe the epilogue implies he never does. It may be that circumstances prevented him from returning, it could even be that he died on this new journey?

17 hours ago, whase said:

I also don't believe Ike would leave Tellius with no intention to return. Though I do believe the epilogue implies he never does. It may be that circumstances prevented him from returning, it could even be that he died on this new journey?

So what are your thoughts that might help explain better why Ike leaves Tellius forever and it prevented him to return for a post game content in a potential Radiant Dawn remake? I could assume one thing that the people that were worship Ashera could hate Ike and some tragedy happened in Tellius like they could have a grudge against Ike for some reasons since he did defeated their goddess and maybe asked to be leave Tellius forever when that happened similar (not trying to make Ike sounded like a cowardly leaving request for Ike but maybe Exiling Ike by Force to leave Tellius forever, I was kinda picture something like Trevor Belmont from the Castlevania video games and Netflix series was exiled by the church in a similar sense that Ike had been through after dealing with Ashera) similar to like how Elincia had to deal with the Rebels rebelling her in Part 2 of Radiant Dawn.

Edited by King Marth 64

13 hours ago, whase said:

Yeah, those things are possible, but we don't know, and that's my issue, so as of right now it still looks out of character and forced to me.

On 7/3/2020 at 10:41 PM, King Marth 64 said:

So what are your thoughts that might help explain better why Ike leaves Tellius forever and it prevented him to return for a post game content in a potential Radiant Dawn remake? I could assume one thing that the people that were worship Ashera could hate Ike and some tragedy happened in Tellius like they could have a grudge against Ike for some reasons since he did defeated their goddess and maybe asked to be leave Tellius forever when that happened similar (not trying to make Ike sounded like a cowardly leaving request for Ike but maybe Exiling Ike by Force to leave Tellius forever, I was kinda picture something like Trevor Belmont from the Castlevania video games and Netflix series was exiled by the church in a similar sense that Ike had been through after dealing with Ashera) similar to like how Elincia had to deal with the Rebels rebelling her in Part 2 of Radiant Dawn.

No, Ike leaving because of people hating him doesn't sound like him at all to me. I don't recall all of the Greil Mercs their endings, but I could imagine them starting to drift apart. Under the rule of Elincia Crimea might become too peaceful for Ike to find enough work. Maybe Nailah invited him to come and see her country. Or my current favorite, a random sailor hires the Greil mercs for an excursion to a new continent he discovered.

I should read the endings for the Greil Mercs again, do they confirm none of them actually leave with Ike? I know only Ranulf and Soren's upports say they do leave with him, but does that prove nobody else does?

On 7/3/2020 at 10:47 PM, Anacybele said:

Yeah, those things are possible, but we don't know, and that's my issue, so as of right now it still looks out of character and forced to me.

Those exact words, that's exactly how I feel about IkexElincia. XD

I guess both our points are equally valid, we simply don't know. Our own views on the subject stop us from seeing the validity of each other's views? idk

Also, so many random things were thrown into Awakening, I can't take it seriously for other games' lore. I don't think Priam proves anything. (Besides, Awakening has a multiverse. If you do count the lore, he could still only be one in a million universes chance to exist.)

1 hour ago, whase said:

I should read the endings for the Greil Mercs again, do they confirm none of them actually leave with Ike? I know only Ranulf and Soren's upports say they do leave with him, but does that prove nobody else does?

Just Ike. Soren or Ranulf join him if they had an A support, though!

The thing with Elincia stepping down in favor of Renning poses two problems- The first being more hypothetical, in that the people would probably be angry and it goes against her character arc. The second is that Renning is much older and has little chance in bearing children- there would be a large inheritance dispute after his death if Elincia was absent.

I dunno, I feel like Ike shouldn't leave Tellius, period. He tells Mist in their A-support conversation that he'll never leave and proceeds to do so, which makes no sense for his character. I think that both Ike leaving Tellius and marrying Elincia are out of character, but him leaving Tellius is more out of character for him.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Just Ike. Soren or Ranulf join him if they had an A support, though!

The thing with Elincia stepping down in favor of Renning poses two problems- The first being more hypothetical, in that the people would probably be angry and it goes against her character arc. The second is that Renning is much older and has little chance in bearing children- there would be a large inheritance dispute after his death if Elincia was absent.

I dunno, I feel like Ike shouldn't leave Tellius, period. He tells Mist in their A-support conversation that he'll never leave and proceeds to do so, which makes no sense for his character. I think that both Ike leaving Tellius and marrying Elincia are out of character, but him leaving Tellius is more out of character for him.

Well, we don't know exactly why Ike left Tellius and disappeared since it wasn't explained in Radiant Dawn. And plus, Priam is in Awakening since Ike was out of Tellius and he did helped out Chrom in Awakening. I think Chrom doesn't exactly knows about what happened to Ike after he disappeared and left Tellius until Priam showed up when Chrom explored that hidden village in Valm to see the rumors of the descendant of the Radiant Hero existed and Chrom did have a good history knowledge with the entire world. I definitely think a proper explanation on what happened to Ike left Tellius for a Post Game Content should help explains his character more and some lore connection with his lineage to Priam as well.

Edited by King Marth 64

The thing that I would especially love would be some gaiden chapters featuring the characters who don't have a lot of screentime. Just think of how awesome it would be if you had a paralogue with Tormod, Vika and Muarim or even a paralogue explaining how Geoffrey learned of Renning where you team up with Batsian and Volke. Or my personal favorite: have defend chapters between the tower chapters where you have to stop reinforcments from entering the tower of guidance and failure would increase the difficulty of the next chapter. This sould force the player to keep some good units out of the tower.

Also for @Anacybele, I have an idea of a potential "Shared" ending between Ike and Elincia that wouldn't be out of character: "As the war ended Ike left Tellius never to return, and Elincia kept her duties as queen. No matter how much time would pass, or the distance that separated the two they still thought of each other. One day, when Crimea was fully repaired, Elincia dissapeared, rumors state that she was seen at an harbor shortly after."

6 minutes ago, Nephenee's_Thighs said:

Also for @Anacybele, I have an idea of a potential "Shared" ending between Ike and Elincia that wouldn't be out of character: "As the war ended Ike left Tellius never to return, and Elincia kept her duties as queen. No matter how much time would pass, or the distance that separated the two they still thought of each other. One day, when Crimea was fully repaired, Elincia dissapeared, rumors state that she was seen at an harbor shortly after."

This works okay, yeah. Not the best case scenario to me, but can't be picky or greedy, right?

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Nephenee's_Thighs said:

What kind of ending would you have prefered?

Marriage and at least a couple kids, but I know it's tough to make that work.