• Michalis: Ambitious King
    • Alfonse: Prince of Askr
    • Xander: Paragon Knight
    • Mareeta: Sword of Stars
    • Lloyd: White Wolf
    • Ross: His Father's Son
    • Annette: Overachiever

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/07/2020 at 02:59 AM

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pick Annette to start. I'm confused why Mareeta is here though? Last I checked, she never had any father to have issues with since she was only raised by Eyvel.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm confused why Mareeta is here though? Last I checked, she never had any father to have issues with since she was only raised by Eyvel.

Well, I guess because Galzus is an enemy. the strongest one in Thracia 776. He still works as sellsword under Reydrik's command to fight Leif. I don't know if his relationship with Mareeta is so intact that he wouldn't attack her in chapter 24, if she was in his range. I never tried it out.

Speaking of Mareeta, she'll be my pick.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm confused why Mareeta is here though? Last I checked, she never had any father to have issues with since she was only raised by Eyvel.

I never played Thracia before, but from what I read... Mareeta's dad, Galzus, left her to Eyvel's care (if he survives in the end). Mareeta wanted for her father to be more present in her life, but it is not what happens He promised to visit her once a year.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 minute ago, Falcom Knight said:

Well, I guess because Galzus is an enemy. the strongest one in Thracia 776. He still works as sellsword under Reydrik's command to fight Leif. I don't know if his relationship with Mareeta is so intact that he wouldn't attack her in chapter 24, if she was in his range. I never tried it out.

Speaking of Mareeta, she'll be my pick.

Who's Galzus? And what does he have to do with Mareeta? Is he her real father or something? You have to be a bit clearer, I'm still confused.

EDIT: @Diovani Bressan Oh, I see then. That makes more sense. I never played either Jugdral game.

Edited by Anacybele

i'd definitely go with altena... had i not uninstalled the game 2 days ago

Edited by Yexin

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Who's Galzus? And what does he have to do with Mareeta? Is he her real father or something? You have to be a bit clearer, I'm still confused.

EDIT: @Diovani Bressan Oh, I see then. That makes more sense. I never played either Jugdral game.

To explain a bit further - Galzus is a Hero who appears as a recurring enemy, and can be recruited in one of the final chapters. He's one of the most-voted missing Thracia characters, so if we ever get another Thracia banner, he'll probably show up then.

48 minutes ago, Othin said:

To explain a bit further - Galzus is a Hero who appears as a recurring enemy, and can be recruited in one of the final chapters. He's one of the most-voted missing Thracia characters, so if we ever get another Thracia banner, he'll probably show up then.

I could see Galzus as a potential GHB. He would fit as one, seeing as how he starts out as a super strong enemy that you have to run away from.

4 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I could see Galzus as a potential GHB. He would fit as one, seeing as how he starts out as a super strong enemy that you have to run away from.

Yeah, he's definitely a candidate. The only other possibility I can see is if they want to put him on the banner and give Raydrik the GHB slot, but Raydrik isn't exactly popular.

I'm not sure who I'm siding with. I have all but Annette, but I doubt I'm picking Michalis, Xander or Lloyd, Alfonse is for if somehow he faces Annette or Lloyd, Altena's 4* and so it seems like one of the other two should be it.

Sell me on Ross's relationship with Garcia, Mareeta's is simpler to understand.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Ross is a bit of a weird pick since he doesn't have any daddy issues.

Let's change Ross for Female Corrin. That one has some daddy issues.

Edit: But we already have a representation from Fates on it, so nevermind.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Ross is a bit of a weird pick since he doesn't have any daddy issues. If anything he and Garcia are very close. Admiring your dad very much isn't really a complex. 

I'd probably go with Annette. 

It's more sonny issues in his case, since Garcia has some regrets about his path in life and is afraid his son will repeat his mistakes.

I would join Annette's team but she is the only one I don't have out of these eight. So I have no idea who I will end up joining. I might just feather merc my way through the entire gauntlet.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Oh okay. That actually sounds interesting.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Yeah, he's definitely a candidate. The only other possibility I can see is if they want to put him on the banner and give Raydrik the GHB slot, but Raydrik isn't exactly popular.

I guess you could justify Raydrik as a GHB since he is more or less the closest thing FE5 has to a main villain (even if he is a pretty pathetic and forgettable villain tbh), as well as being one of the few canon sword armors in the series. Other than that though, yeah who else is there to add as a GHB for an FE5 banner? I guess you could add Veld, but that's an extremely bottom of the barrel pick.

Well the only one I don't have is Annette, sadly.  I think I will go with Mareeta since I like her the best of the ones I have.  

38 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I guess you could justify Raydrik as a GHB since he is more or less the closest thing FE5 has to a main villain (even if he is a pretty pathetic and forgettable villain tbh), as well as being one of the few canon sword armors in the series. Other than that though, yeah who else is there to add as a GHB for an FE5 banner? I guess you could add Veld, but that's an extremely bottom of the barrel pick.

Yeah, exactly. FE5's shortage of good GHB candidates is how we ended up with Saias and Kempf as the first two, after all. And we got Reinhardt as a regular summon long before either of them, which cuts down on the pool further.

FE5 does have a number of recruitable enemies, but after Galzus and Sara, the next most popular is Salem. I certainly want Salem, but he got only 152 votes on CYL4. Which... to be fair, is about three times as many as Raydrik. Hmm. Sara seems more likely to be a banner unit, so if they decide they want Galzus on the banner as well, Salem might actually be a decent candidate. That's neat.

16 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, exactly. FE5's shortage of good GHB candidates is how we ended up with Saias and Kempf as the first two, after all. And we got Reinhardt as a regular summon long before either of them, which cuts down on the pool further.

FE5 does have a number of recruitable enemies, but after Galzus and Sara, the next most popular is Salem. I certainly want Salem, but he got only 152 votes on CYL4. Which... to be fair, is about three times as many as Raydrik. Hmm. Sara seems more likely to be a banner unit, so if they decide they want Galzus on the banner as well, Salem might actually be a decent candidate. That's neat.

Lifis could work as a GHB too, since he is technically the boss of the map you recruit him in. Marty could work as a GHB as well, since he does come back as a recruitable enemy after the Manster Escape sequence.

Edited by Gregster101

Just now, Gregster101 said:

Lifis could work as a GHB too, since he is technically the boss of the map you recruit him in.

That's true, I forgot about him. Although in his case it'd be a bit odd since, like Sara, he has no weapons as an enemy.

Also his CYL4 vote count is actually lower than Salem's. Also Marty, Shiva, and Misha, who are all between Salem and Lifis. Marty isn't much of a boss either, but Shiva and Misha are actually in charge of enemy squads, so they could work.

43 minutes ago, Othin said:

That's true, I forgot about him. Although in his case it'd be a bit odd since, like Sara, he has no weapons as an enemy.

Also his CYL4 vote count is actually lower than Salem's. Also Marty, Shiva, and Misha, who are all between Salem and Lifis. Marty isn't much of a boss either, but Shiva and Misha are actually in charge of enemy squads, so they could work.

I mean even with the fact that he doesn't have any weapons on him in his join map, I still think it's reason enough to have him as a GHB. And besides, more Dagger GHBs is always nice. 😛