• Michalis: Ambitious King
    • Alfonse: Prince of Askr
    • Xander: Paragon Knight
    • Mareeta: Sword of Stars
    • Lloyd: White Wolf
    • Ross: His Father's Son
    • Annette: Overachiever

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/07/2020 at 02:59 AM

I have a decent amount of these characters. I don't really know who I want to go with, though.

Maybe Mareeta. Maybe her regular self will show up for me if I join her.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weighing the characters themselves and the daddy relationships, Mareeta is my preferred one.

Alf, Ann & Xand I do not know. Ross is inoffensive and alls well unlike the rest. Altena is nice and so is her adoptive dad, but not together. Lloyd... why is he here besides a slight Camus relationship with the forgettable Brendan? Michalis has a never-seen and barely known father, thats worse than Lloyd.

...Couldn't virtually anyone from FE qualify as a contestant for this?

Edit: Anyway, going with Anette since I like her story with her dad the most, but a close 2nd is Altena. She has twice the dads to be concerned about.

Edited by Mercakete

4 hours ago, Mercakete said:

...Couldn't virtually anyone from FE qualify as a contestant for this?

Change it to “dead dad” (which sometimes overlaps like with Michalis, Zephiel, and Hubert), then yes.

While daddy issues are also common, it isn’t to same ridiculous extent as dead dads.

I don't know if excusing all your evil dad's evil deeds to the point of "what is justice, really?" qualifies as daddy issues. Maybe Leo, who actually struggles with the guilt of having an evil dad, or Camilla, who was emotionally traumatized having to fight for her evil dad's love, or Elise, who never got affection from her evil dad, would've fit the theme better.

Anyway, voting for Altena.

Gonna go for Lloyd, even if I'm a little confused why he's here (he has great respect for his father and was extremely loyal to him, though i guess that'd create a complex after Brendan died). He's definitely among my fav characters, and though I don't expect him to do well against Mareeta from the look of things, at least he should get a lot of multipliers.

Why didn't I get to start off with a full set of ballots? I started off with only six, I think. I noticed when I used two, but seemed to be down four instead. I just joined the gauntlet and did one battle. I always started off with full ballots before.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why didn't I get to start off with a full set of ballots? I started off with only six, I think. I noticed when I used two, but seemed to be down four instead. I just joined the gauntlet and did one battle. I always started off with full ballots before.

We never start with Full Ballots. You start with 1 ballot when it begins.

Maybe the time you usually start to play it you have full ballots, but when the round begins no one have full ballots.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

We never start with Full Ballots. You start with 1 ballot when it begins.

Maybe the time you usually start to play it you have full ballots, but when the round begins no one have full ballots.

Weird. Why wouldn't we start with full ballots? We get full everything else on reset or when an event begins. We get full Aether for AR, full stamina every reset, full dueling crests for arena, and so on. Why do we not similarly start with full ballots in a VG? Seems unfair.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Weird. Why wouldn't we start with full ballots? We get full everything else on reset or when an event begins. We get full Aether for AR, full stamina every reset, full dueling crests for arena, and so on. Why do we not similarly start with full ballots in a VG? Seems unfair.

Oh really? Seems unfair? Tell me then:

How fair would be for a player that reset is at 3 PM and have full ballots and the beginnig of the round, so he can use 8 right away, and then a player that reset is at 3 AM, starts with 8 ballots that cannot use since he is sleeping and he usually wake up at 6 am, so he will lose 3 ballots because he will not get them since his ballots are full?

Different from others modes, we get ballots by hour, not by reset.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Oh really? Seems unfair? Tell me then:

How fair would be for a player that reset is at 3 PM and have full ballots and the beginnig of the round, so he can use 8 right away, and then a player that reset is at 3 AM, starts with 8 ballots that cannot use since he is sleeping and he usually wake up at 6 am, so he will lose 3 ballots because he will not get them since his ballots are full?

Different from others modes, we get ballots by hour, not by reset.

It can't be perfect, of course. Obviously, some players who are in inconvenient timezones like myself will sometimes have it a bit rougher. It can't be helped.

Just now, Anacybele said:

It can't be perfect, of course. Obviously, some players who are in inconvenient timezones like myself will sometimes have it a bit rougher. It can't be helped.

For these cases, it's better to start at 1 ballot, so everyone can be at the same level.

You started to play it now, with 6 ballots, but the player that started at the reset had 1 ballot, and if he used all ballots until the hour you started, he would also have 6. See? Fair.

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

For these cases, it's better to start at 1 ballot, so everyone can be at the same level.

You started to play it now, with 6 ballots, but the player that started at the reset had 1 ballot, and if he used all ballots until the hour you started, he would also have 6. See? Fair.

Eh, I suppose. It's not like it's going to change anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

After a lot of back and forth with myself, I went with Alfonse, because I think he has the best dad of the bunch (of the ones I know of, anyway) Oh crud, I forgot about Quan being Altena's true father.

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster