Jump to content
Diovani Bressan

Voting Gauntlet: Father-Complex Fray!

Voting Gauntlet: Father-Complex Fray!  

46 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which army will you support?

    • Altena: Luminous Rider
    • Michalis: Ambitious King
    • Alfonse: Prince of Askr
    • Xander: Paragon Knight
    • Mareeta: Sword of Stars
    • Lloyd: White Wolf
    • Ross: His Father's Son
    • Annette: Overachiever

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/07/20 at 02:59 AM

Recommended Posts

I have a decent amount of these characters. I don't really know who I want to go with, though.

Maybe Mareeta. Maybe her regular self will show up for me if I join her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weighing the characters themselves and the daddy relationships, Mareeta is my preferred one.

Alf, Ann & Xand I do not know. Ross is inoffensive and alls well unlike the rest. Altena is nice and so is her adoptive dad, but not together. Lloyd... why is he here besides a slight Camus relationship with the forgettable Brendan? Michalis has a never-seen and barely known father, thats worse than Lloyd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lloyd is my favourite character of these so I choose him. Easily one of the best and most sympathetic of the camus archetypes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking I might actually go with Mareeta for this gauntlet. At least, to start with. If she loses, then I'd probably go with Altena, provided she's still in.

Also, Selfina for the next Thracia banner, dang it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going with Annette just cause I think she's pretty fun to use, and I'll take any excuse I can to use her more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointed Zephiel isn't in this Voting Gauntlet.

Mareeta literally just spooked me 2 days ago while I was pulling for Mirabilis. Seems like a sign, so I'll be joining her team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...Couldn't virtually anyone from FE qualify as a contestant for this?

Edit: Anyway, going with Anette since I like her story with her dad the most, but a close 2nd is Altena. She has twice the dads to be concerned about.

Edited by Mercakete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mercakete said:

...Couldn't virtually anyone from FE qualify as a contestant for this?

Change it to “dead dad” (which sometimes overlaps like with Michalis, Zephiel, and Hubert), then yes.

While daddy issues are also common, it isn’t to same ridiculous extent as dead dads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if excusing all your evil dad's evil deeds to the point of "what is justice, really?" qualifies as daddy issues. Maybe Leo, who actually struggles with the guilt of having an evil dad, or Camilla, who was emotionally traumatized having to fight for her evil dad's love, or Elise, who never got affection from her evil dad, would've fit the theme better.

 

Anyway, voting for Altena.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna go for Lloyd, even if I'm a little confused why he's here (he has great respect for his father and was extremely loyal to him, though i guess that'd create a complex after Brendan died). He's definitely among my fav characters, and though I don't expect him to do well against Mareeta from the look of things, at least he should get a lot of multipliers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why didn't I get to start off with a full set of ballots? I started off with only six, I think. I noticed when I used two, but seemed to be down four instead. I just joined the gauntlet and did one battle. I always started off with full ballots before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why didn't I get to start off with a full set of ballots? I started off with only six, I think. I noticed when I used two, but seemed to be down four instead. I just joined the gauntlet and did one battle. I always started off with full ballots before.

We never start with Full Ballots. You start with 1 ballot when it begins.

Maybe the time you usually start to play it you have full ballots, but when the round begins no one have full ballots.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

We never start with Full Ballots. You start with 1 ballot when it begins.

Maybe the time you usually start to play it you have full ballots, but when the round begins no one have full ballots.

Weird. Why wouldn't we start with full ballots? We get full everything else on reset or when an event begins. We get full Aether for AR, full stamina every reset, full dueling crests for arena, and so on. Why do we not similarly start with full ballots in a VG? Seems unfair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Weird. Why wouldn't we start with full ballots? We get full everything else on reset or when an event begins. We get full Aether for AR, full stamina every reset, full dueling crests for arena, and so on. Why do we not similarly start with full ballots in a VG? Seems unfair.

Oh really? Seems unfair? Tell me then:

How fair would be for a player that reset is at 3 PM and have full ballots and the beginnig of the round, so he can use 8 right away, and then a player that reset is at 3 AM, starts with 8 ballots that cannot use since he is sleeping and he usually wake up at 6 am, so he will lose 3 ballots because he will not get them since his ballots are full?

Different from others modes, we get ballots by hour, not by reset.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Oh really? Seems unfair? Tell me then:

How fair would be for a player that reset is at 3 PM and have full ballots and the beginnig of the round, so he can use 8 right away, and then a player that reset is at 3 AM, starts with 8 ballots that cannot use since he is sleeping and he usually wake up at 6 am, so he will lose 3 ballots because he will not get them since his ballots are full?

Different from others modes, we get ballots by hour, not by reset.

It can't be perfect, of course. Obviously, some players who are in inconvenient timezones like myself will sometimes have it a bit rougher. It can't be helped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Anacybele said:

It can't be perfect, of course. Obviously, some players who are in inconvenient timezones like myself will sometimes have it a bit rougher. It can't be helped.

For these cases, it's better to start at 1 ballot, so everyone can be at the same level.

You started to play it now, with 6 ballots, but the player that started at the reset had 1 ballot, and if he used all ballots until the hour you started, he would also have 6. See? Fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

For these cases, it's better to start at 1 ballot, so everyone can be at the same level.

You started to play it now, with 6 ballots, but the player that started at the reset had 1 ballot, and if he used all ballots until the hour you started, he would also have 6. See? Fair.

Eh, I suppose. It's not like it's going to change anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a lot of back and forth with myself, I went with Alfonse, because I think he has the best dad of the bunch (of the ones I know of, anyway) Oh crud, I forgot about Quan being Altena's true father.

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went Ross for the easy level 1 hax, then found out I'd booked all my level 1 copies of him. D'oh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...