June's Legendary Hero Is: Seliph - Scion of Light

daisy jane

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About fucking time Seliph finally got a Legendary alt. He was really overdue for some love after three and a half years of being shafted by IS.

I'll definitely try to get him on my free summon, and after that I'm back to hoarding orbs.

He looks pretty!! I will skip though, might throw a few orbs at colorless... I don’t have anyone there and I really need a Female Robin by now lol. 

Anyway, he seems pretty safe but I’m happy he is here! I wonder if this will effect his CYL rankings...

I'm satisfied. Seliph needed an alt, and his base self was way worse off than Sigurd's.

Colorless is a complete skip for me. And with Seliph being on red, I might have to skip blues. Don't need another Peony, and my wonky-natured Azura does the job well. There's no guarantee that a new Azura would be a good nature either. Chrom would be good to have, but 1/3 chances are not great. Need everyone on green though!

He looks so good, both in art and as a unit. He is even great fodder!

I am skipping, though, since I am pretty low in orbs and I need to save for CYL. I may summon all red and blue orbs in the Free Summon circle, though.

Surprisingly, he doesn't seem that "powercrept" compare to the more recent legendary heroes. He will be a hard to kill cav but that's it.

Red and Blue are by far the best color. Especially blue.

Edited by Nym

I called it exactly correct, for once! Anyway, I'm happy to see Seliph finally get some attention, and what a way to get your first alt than with a Legendary. He doesn't look extraordinary, but he looks fine enough and I'd definitely want to summon him at least once.

2 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

He looks pretty!! I will skip though, might throw a few orbs at colorless... I don’t have anyone there and I really need a Female Robin by now lol. 

Anyway, he seems pretty safe but I’m happy he is here! I wonder if this will effect his CYL rankings...

Probably. it could be the anna thing - a lot of votes for him to get an alt, now he got an alt, so he's good. (It could help Sigurd though who knows). 
I was only gonna pull if Lyisthea was there and she is not. - leading me to believe that she is going to be on the Hero Fest Banner that will come during 1/2 anniversary (July is Red locked, and I don't see any other banner she'll be on other than a Tempest Trial or a BHB unless we have Heroes with DB). 

If i get a Seliph down the road, if he's a good iv, i'll keep him - but not gonna lie, all i see is DC/Tier 4 C skill in him. 

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm satisfied. Seliph needed an alt, and his base self was way worse off than Sigurd's.

This is true.

But now Sigurd is the one in most need of an alt if you ask me. He hasn't gotten a single one and his only version came years ago now.

He made it! Definitely the character most in need of it, really glad he finally did. Guess there goes his CYL5 chances though, lol. Which is good for Marth fans.

That set looks pretty wild, aside from Ignis. The B skill is oddly worded, but I guess it's just, like, Quick Riposte plus letting your follow-up go before any follow-ups from the opponent?

Definitely want him eventually, but I won't be pulling here since he and Eleanora are my only missing units. I'll try to free summon for red, though.

Oh yeah, and I'm honestly surprised now that Sigurd is the only lord without an alt. Isn't he popular, at least in Japan? I'm pretty sure Genealogy is loved there...

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

But now Sigurd is the one in most need of an alt if you ask me. He hasn't gotten a single one and his only version came years ago now.

I'm not debating that Sigurd needs an alt the most of all the lords now, but Seliph getting an alt before Sigurd isn't a snub to Sigurd since Seliph was never really good to begin with. And showed up much sooner than Sigurd. Short of putting Sigurd and Seliph in at the same time, one was going to get an alt before the other, making the other the one who needs an alt the most afterwards.

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

FINALLYYYYYY HE'S SO PRETTYYYY

hehe

we still skip though, yah?

Just now, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, and I'm honestly surprised now that Sigurd is the only lord without an alt. Isn't he popular, at least in Japan? I'm pretty sure Genealogy is loved there...

Corrin says what's up. 

Edited by daisy jane

Just now, daisy jane said:

Corrin says what's up. 

...Corrin has alts though. I didn't say legendary alt, I said just alts.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm not debating that Sigurd needs an alt the most of all the lords now, but Seliph getting an alt before Sigurd isn't a snub to Sigurd since Seliph was never really good to begin with. And showed up much sooner than Sigurd. Short of putting Sigurd and Seliph in at the same time, one was going to get an alt before the other, making the other the one who needs an alt the most afterwards.

And that's fine, yeah. I was only saying.

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

Probably. it could be the anna thing - a lot of votes for him to get an alt, now he got an alt, so he's good. (It could help Sigurd though who knows). 
I was only gonna pull if Lyisthea was there and she is not. - leading me to believe that she is going to be on the Hero Fest Banner that will come during 1/2 anniversary (July is Red locked, and I don't see any other banner she'll be on other than a Tempest Trial or a BHB unless we have Heroes with DB). 

If i get a Seliph down the road, if he's a good iv, i'll keep him - but not gonna lie, all i see is DC/Tier 4 C skill in him. 

Ah good luck with Lysithea! I hope they indeed rerun her sooner rather than later... I wouldn’t want a Fallen Berkut almost-an-entire-year-to-be-reran situation...

It also makes me curious to see if they are gonna poll us on another New Heroes rerun with sparking enabled. I feel like her banner would make for an easy “win” if it was an option. Sparking for one of three super popular, super good TH characters is an opportunity everyone should take advantage of.

It took this long but finally Seliph got his first alt and it seems to be...ok-ish?

So his Prf has the classic in-combat debuff effect that has been getting popular recently, nothing crazy but still strong and it also has a Sol Lance-like effect (I can't remember if that one is the same or if it works per hit). Anyways, ok to good sustain depending on whether that 7 HP restore works per combat or per hit. 

Ignis is whatever, DC means he's good fodder, Joint Hone Def is eh considering there's stuff like Fortify Cavalry or Def Tactic.

Holy War's End is strong. Basically QR+Enemy Phase Desperation with a Vengeful Fighter threshold. For Player purposes this is super strong because baiting the AI is real easy (Rally traps aside). It also cements L!Seliph as an enemy phase unit instead of a mix unit or GF cav. 

Even with all that I can't say that L!Seliph is all that great when his main competition is Ares and his Special Spiral prf. Oh well, Seliph will probably make up for it with having no Spd and good mixed defenses or something. 

As for the rest of the banner:

Red is good overall, although Mirabilis being there is kinda...eh. Good fodder. 

Blue is ridiculous. The best dancers in the game and L!Chrom. Fodder is meh, if only because Chrom has good one but the dancers do not (good for arena scoring purposes, though).

Green seems to be the worst color. Ced and Yune are good units, but nothing crazy and L!Lyn is...yeah. Weak fodder. 

Colorless is almost as bad as green if it wasn't for Eleonora. She alone saves the color for being the worst because F!Grima and Duma offer nothing. Weak fodder.

Edited by Alexmender

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

Corrin says look at my New Years, Summer, Adrift and Fallen alts.

Ana means alts in general, not Legendary.

my mistake. Sorry, @Anacybele. I thought you meant Legendary - all good yeah?

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

He is HELLA tempting me to tap some Reds, uggghh

As of now, I still say a skip

got it

2 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Ah good luck with Lysithea! I hope they indeed rerun her sooner rather than later... I wouldn’t want a Fallen Berkut almost-an-entire-year-to-be-reran situation...

It also makes me curious to see if they are gonna poll us on another New Heroes rerun with sparking enabled. I feel like her banner would make for an easy “win” if it was an option. Sparking for one of three super popular, super good TH characters is an opportunity everyone should take advantage of.

She is now the only 3H unit i'm missing, and i really, really really want her.. I have to imagine the sparking banner voting thing is going to be "a thing" (because a two and done thing is really weird). I know i will get her eventually - but truthfully, i  am more happy that i can leave this month not having to spend anymore orbs.

Red looks pretty excellent on this banner. Seliph is new. Mirabilis is basically new. Sothis is Time's Pulse fodder for all of my infantry. Now I just need to hope the RNG doesn't decide to screw me over.

Seliph doesn't have anything flashy in his default kit, but it looks pretty solid for an enemy-phase cavalry. I'm expecting his stats to be pretty similar to Hrid's, though that unfortunately means he'll probably get completely shut down by Null Follow-Up. It'll be super cool if they make him fast, though, since his weapon's effects can at least buffer the loss of bulk.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just now, daisy jane said:

my mistake. Sorry, @Anacybele. I thought you meant Legendary - all good yeah?

Yeah, no prob.

To say something positive about Seliph, at least he's good fodder, so if I happen to somehow free pull him and he has bad IVs, I can give yet another unit DC or something.