June's Legendary Hero Is: Seliph - Scion of Light

daisy jane

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

His weapon's effect effectively gives him another 6 Res by lowering the opponent's Atk, which brings it up to a fairly respectable 35 Res.

Oh right. I forgot about the debuffs in the weapon.

Yeah, in this case, he become more bulky. I would also run Mirror Stance in the Seal slot as well, since his B skills is basically a better QR.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's interesting that they're showing a 3x4 grid of Pair Up legendaries. Have they been doing that for long?

With the only remaining slots being 2 Wind and 1 Water, it could suggest that the upcoming legendaries will be Wind, Water, Wind, then the Pair Up legendaries will be finished and they'll start doing something else.

Because the late July banner already has Ike, Roy, and Altina lined up, there's no room for Sothis as well, so it does not seem that the "early August" banner she was announced for is just an update to that banner's timing.

• July: Ike/Roy/Altina, Fjorm/Tiki, Thrasir/Edelgard, Eir
  • ???: Sothis
  • August: Eirika/Hrid, Naga/Julia, Gunnthra/Hector, Brammimond/Mila
  • September: Lif/Seliph, Ephraim/Lucina, Celica/Yune, Leif/Duma
  • October: Ryoma/Marth/Mirabilis, Chrom, Robin/Alm
  • November: Eliwood, Azura, Lyn
  • December: Peony
Edited by Othin

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It doesn't surprise me... Hríd's art is basically Alolan/Galarian RD Ike.

Yeah kinda. lol And I think both are handsome. 😜

Edited by Anacybele

I'm guessing the reason Sothis is stated to be coming back in early August is because they are planning on putting her on a Hero Fest banner or maybe they are possibly planning on releasing a special banner to celebrate Three Houses' one year anniversary and she will be a focus unit on it.

Spend all 310 of my orbs on the banner. I got 3 L!Seliphs (two +SPD, one +HP), the last normal Seliph I needed to +10 Seliph, two Sothis (both +DEF), and like 3 Mirabilis (one was +ATK, so I merged all of my other Mirabilis with that one)

Anyway what do I do with a +SPD Seliph?

8 hours ago, Othin said:

With the only remaining slots being 2 Wind and 1 Water, it could suggest that the upcoming legendaries will be Wind, Water, Wind, then the Pair Up legendaries will be finished and they'll start doing something else.

Hmm... I'm guessing the two winds will be Elincia and Claude. Elincia fits Wind to me because it's kinda opposite to Earth, which Ike is. And the two had opposite affinities in their own games too, being Earth and Heaven. Claude should be Wind because his route is called Verdant Wind. And I don't think he fits any of the other elements, honestly. Earth would be weird because he'd be a flier (he has a wyvern in the TH time skip), and I definitely don't think he's a Water or Fire type guy. Fire ought to be Byleth because Crest of Flames and Dimtiri can be Water, I guess.

I'm guessing Corrin for the Water legendary. Since, you know, water element dragon. Dimitri is possible too, but would all three TH house leaders get legendaries in one year? That seems kinda fast.

Sorry to those who would like Micaiah or Xander or Sigurd or someone. I'd like Sigurd myself. But I'd like him to be Earth, or as a joke, Fire. lol Micaiah also fits Earth to me, and Xander imo fits Fire so he can be opposite to Ryoma who is Water.

• August: Eirika/Hrid, Naga/Julia, Gunnthra/Hector, Brammimond/Mila
  • September: Hrid/Seliph, Ephraim/Lucina, Celica/Yune, Leif/Duma

What? There's no way Hrid is going to be on two banners in a row... Is he?

Edited by Anacybele

8 hours ago, Othin said:
  • September: Hrid/Seliph, Ephraim/Lucina, Celica/Yune, Leif/Duma
  •  
5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

September is Líf and Seliph. 

8 hours ago, Othin said:
  • ???: Sothis

Sothis appears as early August... At first i thought that July's banner would start on August 1st, but July is already red full. So... is that possible that Sothis can appear in a Hero Fest Banner?

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hmm... I'm guessing the two winds will be Elincia and Claude. Elincia fits Wind to me because it's kinda opposite to Earth, which Ike is. And the two had opposite affinities in their own games too, being Earth and Heaven. Claude should be Wind because his route is called Verdant Wind. And I don't think he fits any of the other elements, honestly. Earth would be weird because he'd be a flier (he has a wyvern in the TH time skip), and I definitely don't think he's a Water or Fire type guy. Fire ought to be Byleth because Crest of Flames and Dimtiri can be Water, I guess.

I'm guessing Corrin for the Water legendary. Since, you know, water element dragon. Dimitri is possible too, but would all three TH house leaders get legendaries in one year? That seems kinda fast.

Sorry to those who would like Micaiah or Xander or Sigurd or someone. I'd like Sigurd myself. But I'd like him to be Earth, or as a joke, Fire. lol Micaiah also fits Earth to me, and Xander imo fits Fire so he can be opposite to Ryoma who is Water.

This is pretty close to my thoughts. Claude is most likely in December, since that's the Wind that won't be the same month as CYL, and October could be either Dimitri or Corrin. I'm leaning towards Dimitri personally, but who knows.

And yeah, August being Wind seems to rule out Sigurd and Micaiah, as well as any Fates royals. Elincia does seem like a top candidate, either her or someone who's even less of a lord like Sothe. Sothe did get marked as a lead, but I don't think he has much need for a legendary as things stand.

Thanks for the catch about the double Hrid, I've corrected it.

Edited by Othin

Well for my play style L!seliph is pretty fun, even if mine is -atk, I used Hrid a lot but I think Seliph is going to replace him.  I think Dimitri will be a water legendary and yes I think that both him and Claude are coming sooner rather then later.

Nice. I was never a fan of Seliph's original artwork so its nice to see him getting a much needed update. 

He doesn't look kiddy enough or has hair that's sufficiently weird like in his Geneology portrait but its a step in the right direction. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

9 hours ago, Humanoid said:

NY Hrid looks good but normal Hrid looks kinda constipated. 😛

His personality is being emotionally constipated 😛

I think Seliph is trolling me. I got him twice ... but in his base form without the horse. It's gonna be one of THOSE banners ...

35 minutes ago, Othin said:

And yeah, August being Wind seems to rule out Sigurd and Micaiah, as well as any Fates royals. Elincia does seem like a top candidate, either her or someone who's even less of a lord like Sothe. Sothe did get marked as a lead, but I don't think he has much need for a legendary as things stand.

I'd expect Sanaki to be a Tellius legendary before Sothe. And since Sanaki has a preference for fire magic, well, her element should explain itself. And man, I'm still dying for a legendary flying healer Elincia here, so I really hope we get this sooner rather than later. xP

39 minutes ago, Othin said:

Thanks for the catch about the double Hrid, I've corrected it.

No prob!

38 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Well for my play style L!seliph is pretty fun, even if mine is -atk, I used Hrid a lot but I think Seliph is going to replace him.  I think Dimitri will be a water legendary and yes I think that both him and Claude are coming sooner rather then later.

Seliph is in my eyes alot weaker then Hrid, just because Seliph is locked to enemy phase purely. Also the fact that his biggest enemy phase kit is locked to his B-Skill kinda makes him weak. He cant run any dull or lull skills (well he can if you want to replace his B-Slot). Meanwhile Hrid is free to use his B-Slot because frankly debuffing enemies is very easy.
Granted Seliph is a bit better on enemy phase then Hrid, Hrid has an excellent playerphase too compared to the non existent playerphase of Seliph.

Both suffers though from the same weakness: Null-Follow up

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'd expect Sanaki to be a Tellius legendary before Sothe. And since Sanaki has a preference for fire magic, well, her element should explain itself. And man, I'm still dying for a legendary flying healer Elincia here, so I really hope we get this sooner rather than later. xP

No prob!

Sanaki would make more sense, yeah. Although they've gone in odd orders before. And yeah, legendary flying healer Elincia would be really nice, I think it's one of the best uses for legendaries when they get to take on a weapon or movement type they're well known for in their base game but haven't gotten in Heroes yet.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

Sanaki would make more sense, yeah. Although they've gone in odd orders before. And yeah, legendary flying healer Elincia would be really nice, I think it's one of the best uses for legendaries when they get to take on a weapon or movement type they're well known for in their base game but haven't gotten in Heroes yet.

Yeah, exactly. Elincia is canonically a healer, so I want a healer Elincia in this game too since we have her using Amiti already. Same reason why I want lance and sword Freddys, since he can canonically use the whole weapon triangle.

Edited by Anacybele

I think I'd agree that one of those remaining Wind slots this year is Claude. I don't see them waiting until next year to give us another Three Houses Legendary. And as much as I'd like that last Water slot for this year to be Dimitri, it's definitely gonna be a Fates character; we'll see if they finally give us Corrin, or if they decided to just give us Ryoma's Nohr counterpart, Xander. As for the last Wind slot, I'm not really sure of anyone for it. Elincia could fit the bill, but I could see them using someone like Caeda; it's very unlikely, but possible. They could even pull a big surprise like they did with Eliwood and make it someone you'd expect to be a different element, like Micaiah.

Managed to get a +Atk/-HP Seliph and a +Atk/-Spd Sothis. Also a merge for Yune and for Lyn. No Ced, who was my third most wanted on the banner, but all-in-all, not going to complain.

Especially after seeing Sothis's self-sustain (granted just in the training tower), Seliph isn't great, but he's not horrid. It feels like he really wants a different special, like Aether, but that'd take forever to charge, or daylight, but that might hurt his damage output, which effective 67 attack x 2 is very good, but doesn't seem like enough to guarantee ORKOs. Ignis just kinda ends up in him losing out on 7 health sometimes which can cause him to not be able to activate his B slot and subsequently kills his sustain. Especially since, unlike Sothis (again just because I trained them within like an hour of each other), he can't effectively recuperate the health loss on player phase. Still, that art is fricking awesome and I like him as a character, so I'm quite glad I got him and with a great nature as well.

not sure if this was mentioned before, but the “chart” and “slots” for each season should not be focused on too much cuz they can very well add another column whenever they please or they can even stop before they finish the chart and start a new kind of legendary hero run just like they did when pair up was introduced lol

7 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

He doesn't look kiddy enough

Seliph is 17 at the start of Generation 2, which is the same age as Eliwood and Hector at the start of Blazing Sword.

As Legendary Seliph is from after the events of Genealogy, he should be older than that, so I think he looks fine.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Seliph is 17 at the start of Generation 2, which is the same age as Eliwood and Hector at the start of Blazing Sword.

As Legendary Seliph is from after the events of Genealogy, he should be older than that, so I think he looks fine.

I think Seliph is even older then that. But it doesn't really matter how old he is but how old he looks. 

Seliph - Fire Emblem Heroes Wiki

7 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

not sure if this was mentioned before, but the “chart” and “slots” for each season should not be focused on too much cuz they can very well add another column whenever they please or they can even stop before they finish the chart and start a new kind of legendary hero run just like they did when pair up was introduced lol

Fair enough.

18 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I think I'd agree that one of those remaining Wind slots this year is Claude. I don't see them waiting until next year to give us another Three Houses Legendary. And as much as I'd like that last Water slot for this year to be Dimitri, it's definitely gonna be a Fates character; we'll see if they finally give us Corrin, or if they decided to just give us Ryoma's Nohr counterpart, Xander. As for the last Wind slot, I'm not really sure of anyone for it. Elincia could fit the bill, but I could see them using someone like Caeda; it's very unlikely, but possible. They could even pull a big surprise like they did with Eliwood and make it someone you'd expect to be a different element, like Micaiah.

So... That would make sense, Wind is the most similar thing to a Heaven affinity.

I think Eliwood was a wild card element wise, because his affinity (Anima) made him viable for... everything really xD (and to be fair, Wind is the element that has the least amount of characters that clearly fit it as "their element", and that would be Lyn and Claude; Water could have a similar problem if wasn't by the fact Fates has a ton of characters that have potential as Water Themed, and they haven't even used the most obvious choice of Water yet).

I think the elements will be distribute in this way for the next characters.

Fire: (Sanaki?)

Water: Corrin (potentially Xander), Dimitri

Wind: Claude, (Elincia?)

Earth: Micaiah, Byleth, (Potentially Sigurd?)

10 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think Seliph is even older then that. But it doesn't really matter how old he is but how old he looks.

You can really only do so much with a 64×64 sprite, especially in an art style where there is twice as much hair is there is face.

If you compare him to his Series 3 TCG artwork, which has the least stylized art style of his official arts (i.e. the most normal hair size), he looks perfectly fine.

Plus, this is still post-game Seliph. He's been through a lot.