Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Anacybele

The Race Issue: Is it going too far? Has Disney hopped on the train now too?

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

No, but it can tell you that they may not be as bad as they look. Take the number of COVID deaths for instance. Some would argue that they're kind of inflated because some of those deaths may actually be more from other medical issues than COVID itself. They just list COVID as the cause because the patient happened to die after contracting it. I don't know if this is true or not, but it makes sense to me if it is and it would make the real COVID deaths actually smaller than what we're being told.

COVID is pretty bad in America. It might not be bad in your area, but it is definitely bad in California. The rest of the civilized democratic world is already on the road to recovery economically AND health wise, and we are still dragging our ass on testing and lockdowns. We have the vast majority of confirmed cases in the world. We make up less than 5% of the world population (source) but we have over 20% of the world's confirmed cases (source). We are the literal shit hole country of the world right now, and most of the world have travel restrictions against the United States because they do not want to smell nor deal with our shit. I cannot even go to Canada to visit my cousins if I wanted to because a bunch of white idiot governors thought easing lockdowns was okay, and these people had the best education our nation has to offer.

All our state governors gave in to easing lockdowns early from a minority of batshit stupid anti-lockdown white supremacist protesters. Gavin Newsom is a complete utter shithead in this regard with cowpie for brains. He is in fucking Democratic California so he has absolutely no reason to give in to that pressure from the far right and should have continued the hard lockdown. What the fuck is the far right going to do? Vote him out of office? Fat chance that is happening in California.

And who pays the price when there is a spike in COVID? It is the poorer black, latino, and minority communities in general who have less access to quality healthcare. While I do not know any immediate neighbors with COVID, my working class neighborhood and my area of the city in general is not doing so well in regards to number of cases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Anacybele said:

No, but it can tell you that they may not be as bad as they look. Take the number of COVID deaths for instance. Some would argue that they're kind of inflated because some of those deaths may actually be more from other medical issues than COVID itself. They just list COVID as the cause because the patient happened to die after contracting it. I don't know if this is true or not, but it makes sense to me if it is and it would make the real COVID deaths actually smaller than what we're being told.

This is completely fucking wrong. Where are you even getting this nonsense from.

Also, tell me which state you live in and I'll tell you if it's bad. (It's probably bad)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, XRay said:

All our state governors gave in to easing lockdowns early from a minority of batshit stupid anti-lockdown white supremacist protesters. Gavin Newsom is a complete utter shithead in this regard with cowpie for brains. He is in fucking Democratic California so he has absolutely no reason to give in to that pressure from the far right and should have continued the hard lockdown. What the fuck is the far right going to do? Vote him out of office? Fat chance that is happening in California.

Didn't they storm one senate house with guns over the lock down? Electorally he might not have reasons to do but, but preventing things from becoming extremely violent could have been a reason. But I think he's more guilty of caving in to bussinessmen and donors then crazy protesters. 

Though yeah he shouldn't have done that and should get an electoral beating for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Excellen Browning said:

This is completely fucking wrong. Where are you even getting this nonsense from.

Also, tell me which state you live in and I'll tell you if it's bad. (It's probably bad)

And...why should I listen to some random rude person on the internet that I don't know?

And for future reference, look to the left of my posts and you can plainly see my location, you know.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And...why should I listen to some random rude person on the internet that I don't know?

And for future reference, look to the left of my posts and you can plainly see my location, you know.

Because what you're saying makes no sense. At all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Excellen Browning said:

Because what you're saying makes no sense. At all.

Well, you aren't making any sense to me either. You aren't even bothering to back up your claims.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While fascinating the pandemic discussion is, (which, by the way, if there's any error in the numbers, it will be in the other direction, it's more likely Covid deaths are under reported than over, specially when the government is doing it on purpose, seriously), I think a more pressing and on-topic talk right now are the current clashes in Portland. With that Pro-Trump caravan that traveled to the city and started fighting with the protesters. One reported casualty already. 

So... yeah...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Didn't they storm one senate house with guns over the lock down? Electorally he might not have reasons to do but, but preventing things from becoming extremely violent could have been a reason. But I think he's more guilty of caving in to bussinessmen and donors then crazy protesters. 

Though yeah he shouldn't have done that and should get an electoral beating for it. 

If the coughing starts, the shooting starts.

This is a country of LAW AND ORDER, and the law says WEAR A FUCKING MASK. If those white bioterrorists can spew that line but cannot get that concept into their hypocrite, uneducated brains and are trying to initiate a coup, they are no better than brainwashed terrorists that go kaboom. Actually, if anything, white bioterrorists are at least TEN TIMES WORSE than Islamic extremists if I am reading this chart correctly. September 11 killed about 3,000 people, and the War on Terror killed about 15,000 Americans, but white bioterrorists have caused over 183,000 deaths in the United States. If systemic racism was not a thing in America, those white bioterrorists would have been shot on sight, put in internment camps, deported back to Europe, or just drown in the Atlantic if nobody wants to take them in I guess.

They are lucky that we do not treat them like we treat black people in this country.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

While fascinating the pandemic discussion is, (which, by the way, if there's any error in the numbers, it will be in the other direction, it's more likely Covid deaths are under reported than over, specially when the government is doing it on purpose, seriously), I think a more pressing and on-topic talk right now are the current clashes in Portland. With that Pro-Trump caravan that traveled to the city and started fighting with the protesters. One reported casualty already. 

So... yeah...

Wouldn't it be nice if we had a president who was a uniter instead of the ultimate divider?  Forget policies, he is going to keep opening his mouth blaming Democrats, blue states, call all protesters anarchists.  Maybe he'll pardon Rittenhouse or call him a hero.  The lion's share of blame for the escalating tensions goes to the President.  

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Didn't they storm one senate house with guns over the lock down? Electorally he might not have reasons to do but, but preventing things from becoming extremely violent could have been a reason. But I think he's more guilty of caving in to bussinessmen and donors then crazy protesters. 

Though yeah he shouldn't have done that and should get an electoral beating for it. 

Yes and they were heroes, according to right wing media.  Storm government buildings armed, scream and spit in the face of police.  What do the police do?  Stand there peaceably, annoyed, but no tear gas, no rubber bullets.  When Lebron James or some other prominent black athlete makes a statement, Trump jumps all over them with hateful rhetoric as well as right wing media.  Not only do they disagree, they think they should just "shut up and dribble", we don't want your opinions.  When Steve Kerr or Popovich bash Trump which they have repeatedly....wow no response?  I guess white people can voice their grievences about anything, but black people should just be happy to be here.

On Covid.  Think Trump's reaction would be different if it were whites dying at a much higher rate, and if it hit a red state hard like Texas first?  Yeah of course it would, and how fucked up is that?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

On Covid.  Think Trump's reaction would be different if it were whites dying at a much higher rate, and if it hit a red state hard like Texas first?  Yeah of course it would, and how fucked up is that?  

For anyone doubting this... He started taking it seriously when it was Red States that were seeing spikes and there's reports suggesting Jared Kushner's strategy was basically doing nothing because it was just the Blue states being affected.

On the matter of Rand Paul being "attacked" by protesters... here's the thing...

1. Politicians are absolutely the people that should be made most uncomfortable by protests and the civil unrest going on in the country as they're literally the ones in the position to LEGISLATE and work to address the problems in the country. That is their purpose and like many of his fellow Senators, Rand Paul demonstrates that he has no interest in doing his damn job.

2. Rand Paul's record is shit and he's a hypocrite that claims to care about the deficit but voted for those ridiculous tax cuts that made it worse, he has directly played a role in decisions and policies that have negatively affected people in the country, of all colors. His party is shit and they've made use of the Southern Strategy which in turn has maintained a constant base of people hold on to their racism and exacerbate it. The removal of ANY GOP politician that has been in Congress for more than 2 terms would be beneficial as that would send a message to those stupid fucks to stop nurturing racists.

3. Rand Paul lives.

He is alive to play victim and continue to conflate non-violent protesters with the violent cases to completely undermine the simple notion that black folks don't want to die for little to no reason and justice to be served when a cop does something bad. "There is no racial problem in America, we're the best. This is just an angry mob and you won't be safe until we employ fascist tactics to stop them" is effectively the kind of message politicians like him are sending with this gas lighting of their base.

I don't agree with any protester going around killing people and if they do that, they should be arrested and tried just like anyone should be. I just don't have any sympathy for detrimental and corrupt politicians being verbally assaulted and feeling uncomfortable.

On the COVID count...

Lol it is far more likely that cases are being under-reported. Florida is likely such a case because the Governor there took Trump's words seriously and there's someone who got fired because they didn't wanna go along with some stupid ideas to make it seem like it's not that bad. There's also the fact that 57% of Republicans find the death toll "acceptable", this only encourages GOP governors to take the situation less seriously and potentially manipulate the data to save face. Additionally, since virus' death toll mostly affects poor people, often being of color, that sits just fine with the racists in the country.

Now, are there cases where someone ends up dead and it is falsely being counted as a Covid death? Absolutely, but for this to actually be significant enough, you'd have to have quite a number of people to comply and keep their mouths shut about it for it to be some sort of conspiracy made to make Trump look bad like some folks suggest. That doesn't happen. Now, when it comes to the case where Governors may be manipulating data to lower the numbers? Well again, you already have officials resigning or getting fired for that shit happening as well as opposing reopening plans because that would probably be a bad idea.

Violence and the racial issue is never going to end. You can only reduce the violence that comes from it by the country as a whole actively making decisions to not succumb to racist rhetoric. The US did the right thing by not voting for George Wallace but it's sad to say he is still THE most successful 3rd party candidate there has been. Crush (by voting them out) the leadership that enables the racism and defends the racists and we can move forward on the race problem.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah yes George Wallace, Trump is a lot like him.  Probably not as smart, and George Wallace apparently changed his ways late in life and had some conscience.  Trump is full of dog whistles and trying to appeal to the same group and making an overall similar case.  

That Jared Kushner thing is evil as hell if true.  It is damn scary that we are seriously considering Trump and Kushner would do this.  Don't think any past president at least in recent times would even think of something like this.  United States.  No...blue states don't matter.  Time for a split maybe, except the ones seceding will be in the good guys this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think race relations will improve any especially if the police keep reacting the way they are, if people keep ignoring the peaceful protests, and if Trump keeps acting the way he is. America is screwed honestly.

 

Black Lives Matter, ACAB, fuck the police

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2020 at 12:23 PM, Anacybele said:

Wikipedia is not 100% reliable, firstly. And secondly, oh sure, Rand Paul specifically targeted those people who harassed him with his policies/ideals. Right.

There's sources. But what he linked you was his political positions, and the wikipedia articles are very accurate there because they reference a lot of the politicians' own words.

Secondly, no, he didn't specifically target those people. But he did vote no on an anti-lynching bill recently, he did suggest that some police brutality was because of cigarette prices being too high rather than racism, he did try to repeal the ACA, he was a massive part of the obstructionist congress whose goal was to do nothing, etc

And finally, if someone accosted any given public official or senator/member of congress/president -- so long as they didn't kill the guy, I don't give two shits. Either your 2nd amendment is to level the playing field with the government or it's to show off your guns, if the argument truly is the former then some protesters accosting a senator is a perfectly valid thing to do if they dont kidnap or kill him or maim him.

 

I don't really expect you to understand it because you're a trump groupie though

 

  

15 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And...why should I listen to some random rude person on the internet that I don't know?

And for future reference, look to the left of my posts and you can plainly see my location, you know.

You made the claim. You have to back it up. He's asking you for a source, and you refuse to provide it.

 

But I can explain this easily, because I've done some research into flu totals. The amount of reported flu deaths is 6k-25k yearly; but we say like 100k die from the flu every year. Why is that?

There are models estimating people who died from the flu without being aware they had it, they also factor in the estimation of people who died from the flu without being treated at a hospital due to money, etc.

Currently there's...  185k? 190k? I haven't kept track since like 40k -- that's how many reported COVID deaths there are. There are like 6% of cases where they died ONLY due to COVID, but the majority of cases were COVID mixed with already being unhealthy and having pre-existing conditions. But they would still be alive today if they didn't have COVID; it's marked a COVID death as a result. There's probably some degree of overcounting but it's not tot he extent where its like 5000 people instead of 185000 people, it's probably more like 150-160k at least. But if anything, I would argue it's actually much higher than 185k.

You can model the amount of actual deaths...  somehow, i'm not an epidemiologist but they generally know their shit so you're free to look up and contradict their methodology all you want... and the actual deaths are always much higher. So let's say we overcounted by 20-30k, we have possibly tens to hundreds of thousands of deaths unaccounted for with a cause of death that was likely COVID. Given how fucked up this disease is and how fucked up US healthcare is for many, many Americans, there are people who are outright not seeking treatment for COVID because the choice is dying from COVID or living a long, painful life filled with debt because COVID completely destroyed them. Or they're asymptomatic and it just came and went, who really knows?

The underreported cases are likely big enough to massively cancel out the hypothetical overreported ones.

 

 

 

At any rate, Ana, very few people have any good faith with you on this forum, so you're definitely going to need to put in way more effort into your posts (at least half the effort i put into this one) and cite half the shit you say at this point if you want even a modicum of acceptance or good faith right now. Your primary source seems to always be your dad; as much as I fucking love my dad and even despite the congruence between my dad and I's political beliefs, if he said some weird ass shit the first thing i always checked was a news article or wikipedia.

Wikipedia is like 99.99% accurate and sometimes has weird ass conclusions, but they cite directly from sources and weave the facts together; the only reason teachers hate wikipedia is not due to its lack of reliability but because it's a content aggregator, not a source. When someone tells you to check wiki for it, it's quickly showing the content aggregation, and if you don't trust it then do some clicking on the source. This is very basic research and critical thinking skills that you need to learn how to apply.

Edited by Lord Raven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah OP, try defending shit the Kenosha sheriff said, and do let us know how it's working out.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/kenosha-sheriff-racism-people-that-arent-worth-saving-aclu-1050971/

What's more telling is that shit like the Jacob Blake shooting and Kyle Rittenhouse opening fire on protesters happened in the week of the RNC, where people are told that "the best is yet to come" by Kimberly Guilfoyle, and it sounds more a threat than a promise.

Edited by Karimlan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2020 at 7:43 AM, Karimlan said:

Yeah OP, try defending shit the Kenosha sheriff said, and do let us know how it's working out.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/kenosha-sheriff-racism-people-that-arent-worth-saving-aclu-1050971/

Why would I ever defend shit like this? I can't believe anyone here would think I would defend it. It's disgusting that a law enforcement agent would say garbage like this.

And this is all I'm coming back in here to say. I'm done discussing this topic and I kind of regret even making this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And this is all I'm coming back in here to say. I'm done discussing this topic and I kind of regret even making this thread.

On the plus side, you did get to learn more about what people mean by "defund the police" and were shown an interesting YouTube channel, so at least some good did come out of making this thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

On the plus side, you did get to learn more about what people mean by "defund the police" and were shown an interesting YouTube channel, so at least some good did come out of making this thread. 

That is true.

But I also learned that no matter what I say on this subject, I'm going to be criticized, insulted, and perhaps even treated like I'm some kind of monster (see some of Lord Raven's behavior towards me. He literally thinks I'm racist. lol There's a reason I put him on ignore and it doesn't seem like he's gotten the hint yet). Doesn't matter if it's here or somewhere else, in fact.

In fact, I guess I don't really know what to believe anymore...

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

In fact, I guess I don't really know what to believe anymore...

As is often the case when it comes to politics. The fact is this isn’t a black and white issue nothing ever is so viewing it through a black and white lens isn’t gonna get anyone anywhere. The best you can do is look at the facts and try to understand the situation from as many differing perspectives as possible while devoiding yourself of as much bias as you can. You just have to look at things from a more nuanced perspective really and generally stay true to yourself and your beliefs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That is true.

But I also learned that no matter what I say on this subject, I'm going to be criticized, insulted, and perhaps even treated like I'm some kind of monster (see some of Lord Raven's behavior towards me. He literally thinks I'm racist. lol There's a reason I put him on ignore and it doesn't seem like he's gotten the hint yet). Doesn't matter if it's here or somewhere else, in fact.

In fact, I guess I don't really know what to believe anymore...

I don't really know what to say; I'm not good at communication, and I haven't exactly been keeping up with what's been happening in this thread. I was just trying to help by pointing out something good that came of this.

I really feel like I should try to say something helpful, but I'm not sure what exactly. Here's my attempt:

it is probably best that this thread end, but perhaps, "No matter what I say on this subject..." is the wrong thing to take away from this experience. I don't know what the right thing to take away from this is, but probably not something that bleak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I don't really know what to say; I'm not good at communication, and I haven't exactly been keeping up with what's been happening in this thread. I was just trying to help by pointing out something good that came of this.

I really feel like I should try to say something helpful, but I'm not sure what exactly. Here's my attempt:

it is probably best that this thread end, but perhaps, "No matter what I say on this subject..." is the wrong thing to take away from this experience. I don't know what the right thing to take away from this is, but probably not something that bleak. 

Oh, I know, I'm not blaming you for anything. I appreciate you pointing out the positive stuff too.

But I see. Thanks for the advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

That is true.

But I also learned that no matter what I say on this subject, I'm going to be criticized, insulted, and perhaps even treated like I'm some kind of monster (see some of Lord Raven's behavior towards me. He literally thinks I'm racist. lol There's a reason I put him on ignore and it doesn't seem like he's gotten the hint yet). Doesn't matter if it's here or somewhere else, in fact.

In fact, I guess I don't really know what to believe anymore...

Whether or not Lord Raven thinks you a racist I'll leave up to him, but you have made a whole list of posts in this thread that reek of racism, and ape positions held by actual racists. Nonetheless he's treated you with way more respect and patience than you did to him, and tried to explain time and time again how things actually work when you post something. 

Leaving that aside, though, at this point it should be clear to you that things might not be as you've always thought they are. That means it's time to start rethinking things. And if I have to guess, that'll involve listening to your parents less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Excellen Browning said:

Whether or not Lord Raven thinks you a racist I'll leave up to him, but you have made a whole list of posts in this thread that reek of racism, and ape positions held by actual racists. Nonetheless he's treated you with way more respect and patience than you did to him, and tried to explain time and time again how things actually work when you post something. 

Leaving that aside, though, at this point it should be clear to you that things might not be as you've always thought they are. That means it's time to start rethinking things. And if I have to guess, that'll involve listening to your parents less.

See, this is the kind of insulting nonsense I'm talking about. I can't have ANY fucking opinion in here at all, ANY. I'm a racist if I say or disagree with ANYTHING. And you wonder why I don't like BLM and all.

And Lord Raven, treat me with respect? LOL He's got a funny way of showing it. The things he says to me and about me just make me wish I could die. I'm not joking. He's lucky I'm not actually depressed and that my family's already lost someone to suicide.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...