The Race Issue: Is it going too far? Has Disney hopped on the train now too?

Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Excellen Browning said:

I didn't call you a racist, nor did I insult you in any part of my post.

Hahahaha. Yes you did. You said my posts "reek of racism." Therefore, calling me racist.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hahahaha. Yes you did. You said my posts "reek of racism." Therefore, calling me racist.

No, that's not calling you a racist. That's saying your posts look like something a racist would say. That's not delving into whether or not you're actually racist.

1 hour ago, Excellen Browning said:

No, that's not calling you a racist. That's saying your posts look like something a racist would say. That's not delving into whether or not you're actually racist.

Still might as well call me a racist and it's still insulting to me.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

See, this is the kind of insulting nonsense I'm talking about. I can't have ANY fucking opinion in here at all, ANY. I'm a racist if I say or disagree with ANYTHING. And you wonder why I don't like BLM and all.

And Lord Raven, treat me with respect? LOL He's got a funny way of showing it. The things he says to me and about me just make me wish I could die. I'm not joking. He's lucky I'm not actually depressed and that my family's already lost someone to suicide.

Ana, stop it. We're calling you out based on not only what you said, but from what you've refused to read earlier in the thread to the point of abandoning it for weeks. It doesn't help that most of the only people I've seen agree with you not only in this thread, but other threads (including discussions of guns) wound up getting banned a few days later if not less, and you expressing they made good points is not a good look for you.

And then there's how you keep trying to paint Lord Raven as a bully because he, a person a color if I'm not mistaken who has expressed better knowledge on race than you, keeps making good points and growing agitated at your attitude and yourself thinking you as a white person seem to know what is right more than BLM, which you keep trying to paint as bad people while you go to bat for the cops and their "few bad apples" (aka the whole god damn apple tree). Why the hell would you go "okay getting shot a bunch, that's bad BUT one of my favorite politicians got FLIPPED THE BIRD, THAT'S REAL HYPOCRISY" and try to argue people were twisting your words when your words clearly meant to downplay BLM's cause? You did the sane in your OP mentioning a girl whose identity we can't even identify to confirm if she was even killed by a protester like that's more bad than the cops killing black people and 99% of the time getting away with no punishment for years.

Speaking of which, threatening that people treating you the way they are could give you depression and thoughts of suicide is also pretty scummy and another instance of playing the victim card. You're trying to get people to pity you and turn them against someone tired of your white supremacist-laced remarks to devalue a movement that has been peaceful as possible yet slandered by white supremacists who don't want to leave their fantasy at the cost of more black lives. And don't say "no I'm not", because I've seen plenty of abusive YouTubers (most of which are cis white people) do this in their half-assed apology videos to paint themselves as victims.

Defending Trump, who has been horrible to many minorities also isn't doing you any favors either. Many people black, trans, gay, bi, lesbian, etc. hate his guts.

Honestly, the fact that Path of Radiance is one of your favorite games and Ike's your favorite lord is ironic as hell considering how one of the major themes of the game is issues with racism (and yes, I know it's with laguz and not people of color, but point still stands). And Ike, if he were a real person? He'd be god damn disgusted with you, with Trump, and the cops, and he'd be supportive of BLM, I'm sure.

You need to stop playing victim and learn more about race before spouting this ignorant Karen crap. And not from cis white FOX News anchors who want to demonize anyone against their love for their discriminative values. Learn from people of color who have suffered more than you or I could ever hope to understand as white people with white privilege to protect us. And in the case of BLM, listen to black people who have lived their whole lives being afraid of cops, and rightfully so.

And stop trusting cops.

Edited by NoirCore

27 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Ana, stop it. We're calling you out based on not only what you said, but from what you've refused to read earlier in the thread to the point of abandoning it for weeks. It doesn't help that most of the only people I've seen agree with you not only in this thread, but other threads (including discussions of guns) wound up getting banned a few days later if not less, and you expressing they made good points is not a good look for you.

And then there's how you keep trying to paint Lord Raven as a bully because he, a person a color if I'm not mistaken who has expressed better knowledge on race than you, keeps making good points and growing agitated at your attitude and yourself thinking you as a white person seem to know what is right more than BLM, which you keep trying to paint as bad people while you go to bat for the cops and their "few bad apples" (aka the whole god damn apple tree). Why the hell would you go "okay getting shot a bunch, that's bad BUT one of my favorite politicians got FLIPPED THE BIRD, THAT'S REAL HYPOCRISY" and try to argue people were twisting your words when your words clearly meant to downplay BLM's cause? You did the sane in your OP mentioning a girl whose identity we can't even identify to confirm if she was even killed by a protester like that's more bad than the cops killing black people and 99% of the time getting away with no punishment for years.

Speaking of which, threatening that people treating you the way they are could give you depression and thoughts of suicide is also pretty scummy and another instance of playing the victim card. You're trying to get people to pity you and turn them against someone tired of your white supremacist-laced remarks to devalue a movement that has been peaceful as possible yet slandered by white supremacists who don't want to leave their fantasy at the cost of more black lives. And don't say "no I'm not", because I've seen plenty of abusive YouTubers (most of which are cis white people) do this in their half-assed apology videos to paint themselves as victims.

Defending Trump, who has been horrible to many minorities also isn't doing you any favors either. Many people black, trans, gay, bi, lesbian, etc. hate his guts.

Honestly, the fact that Path of Radiance is one of your favorite games and Ike's your favorite lord is ironic as hell considering how one of the major themes of the game is issues with racism (and yes, I know it's with laguz and not people of color, but point still stands). And Ike, if he were a real person? He'd be god damn disgusted with you, with Trump, and the cops, and he'd be supportive of BLM, I'm sure.

You need to stop playing victim and learn more about race before spouting this ignorant Karen crap. And not from cis white FOX News anchors who want to demonize anyone against their love for their discriminative values. Learn from people of color who have suffered more than you or I could ever hope to understand as white people with white privilege to protect us. And in the case of BLM, listen to black people who have lived their whole lives being afraid of cops, and rightfully so.

And stop trusting cops.

Okay I understand your frustration but let’s not forget the kinda person we’re dealing with here. As someone who is on the autism spectrum and struggles heavily with RSD(Rejection sensitivity disorder), I can say being as blunt as this ain’t gonna help. From my experience constantly being blunt and critical like this only makes it worse. The best way to handle situations like this(at least from my experience) is to be critical but also make it clear that you do understand the emotions and thoughts they’re going through otherwise to them you’re just coming off as a huge jerk and they’re not gonna listen. I know this from personal experience as someone who is on the spectrum and who has several friends who are on the spectrum. 

Just now, Excellen Browning said:

I am on the spectrum as well and a lot of my friends are as well. Being ASD only carries so much weight as an excuse for this sort of behaviour.

I am fully aware of that. I’m just saying if you want her to listen you’re gonna wanna have to approach this more carefully

Just now, Ottservia said:

I am fully aware of that. I’m just saying if you want her to listen you’re gonna wanna have to approach this more carefully

Several people have approached anacybele in a number of ways in this very thread.

If you wanted to make some more general points on communication, shrug.

fuck it, this thread is apparently just going to become an anacybele-focused shitshow like half of what she participates in and i'm in the middle of too much to monitor it for real, so i'm taking the toys away

anacybele, it is only out of the kindness of my heart that i'm not banning you right now. communicate with people better. this is a final statement.

EDIT: well that ended predictably.

Edited by Integrity