Anyone else seeing popup ads?

Anacybele

Because I am and it's irritating. I keep seeing an ad box pop up at the bottom of the screen and I have to close it out a lot because it can get in the way. This is only happening on SF. Yes, I have an adblocker, but it doesn't get rid of the box, just the ad.

This didn't start happening until a few days ago. So what's going on now?

i haven't had any but we're right in the middle of fucking with our backend (heh.) so there may be some shit while jyosua sorts stuff out as he's available

I've also been getting ads, but it's not too intrusive and the ads are only 1 click to remove so it's not a huge problem, it is nice to know that the site is getting income at least, so I don't see any need for a fix or adjustment, an ad or two won't drive me off of a free to access forum. 

7 minutes ago, Integrity said:

i haven't had any but we're right in the middle of fucking with our backend (heh.) so there may be some shit while jyosua sorts stuff out as he's available

Oh, okay then. Fair enough.

Edited by Anacybele

I've been getting these ads, too. They've frequently been political ads, but I just got an ad for Autozone and Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated.

2 hours ago, Pengaius said:

I've also been getting ads, but it's not too intrusive and the ads are only 1 click to remove so it's not a huge problem, it is nice to know that the site is getting income at least, so I don't see any need for a fix or adjustment, an ad or two won't drive me off of a free to access forum. 

I sahre this sentiment. Though they appear on every tab and that is sorta annoying because I like to open a new tab for every new notif I guess but that's just me.

I only saw them today, instead of past few days.

I can confirm that these pop-up ads are appearing on both my laptop and my phone, whether I am logged in or not. They also show up on every screen, whether it's a topic, an index, or the All Activity page. The only place it seems they don't show up is on the home page of the forum.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been getting ads at the bottom of my screen, right where the site's notification alerts usually pop up, which has been... frustrating, especially on mobile where it's harder to click just the x and not the actual ad. I basically can't click on those notifications anymore most of the time. I get that sites like this need ads to stay up, but, like... the placement is extremely unfortunate.

Edited by Alastor15243