The Last Legendary Hero Battle: Seliph

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Julius's Grand Hero Battle, but with the positions reversed. Nice.

Having 2 choke points made it pretty easy for Ophelia and Leaf to just shoot things and then back away. Staff units (due to AoE splash damage) and Assist skills just meant that enemies would pool behind the choke and come at me one or two at a time.

It looks like all of the units on the map are references to the children of Genealogy minus Leaf, Altenna, and Lene.

We had (ignoring the fact that some of them are the wrong gender since there aren't opposite gender generics):

• Seliph
  • Julia as 1 of the 2 green tome infantry
  • Ayra's kids as the 2 sword infantry (Lakche and Skasaher)
  • Briggid's kids as the bow infantry (Faval) and green dagger infantry (Patty)
  • Tailtiu's kids as the blue tome infantry (Tinny) and blue tome cavalry (Arthur)
  • Fury's kids as the other green tome infantry (Sety) and the lance pegasus (Fee)
  • Adean's kids as 1 of the 2 staff infantry (Rana) and the bow cavalry (Lester)
  • Lachesis's kids as the sword cavalry (Delmud) and staff cavalry (Nanna)
  • Sylvia's not-Lene kid as the other staff infantry (Corpul)

EDIT: The order that they spawn seems to be very loosely based on the order of their recruitment.

EDIT 2: Lester and Faval have their spawns switched, it seems, but the rest are pretty close.

Edited by Ice Dragon

@LordFrigid Wow I didn't know you had two +10 Caedas. Using deflect melee to survive Seliph was a neat strategy! Nice clear!

My one-turn clear features one of my red stalkers, Gray, who is actually quite a decent unit after his refine. It was nice to finally get to use him for a clear.

Seliph's LHB was... quite easy. I already expected him to be a easy foe to defeat, but the rest was also not that bad.

Marths, Nowi and Azura did the job very well.

Now, here's a bonus video:

I didn't expect to 1-turn Infernal... which was nice.

@Landmaster @daisy jane @Zeo @Sasori @SatsumaFSoysoy @SuperNova125 @mcsilas @BoaFerox @Vicious Sal @DarkAlf

@LordFrigid Nice clear! All Caedas did a great job in defeating Seliph and his army pretty fast!

@Maaka Oh wow! Gray! It's nice to see you again! Great video. I really like to see when you use Brave Axe Azura.

@Diovani BressanGreat clears. Little Marth proved once again that he should have never abandoned his rapier in the first place. Also the musical choice made the Rhea fan inside me really happy. 

The abyssal was a piece of cake. I used Eliwood and Peony as always along with FF Corrin and Legendary Chrom. Due to the layout of the map splitting your forces and the enemy's is the best way to go especially when Chrom with rouse and QR doesn't even need Eliwood around him and Corrin is really at being alone. 

Wasn't too bad. Just had my units fortify themselves on the right side of the castle. Phina got swapped out with Morgan(na) to provide more combat buffs and since a dancer wasn't necessary.

@Maaka Interesting one turn clear and I think it is the first time I saw you use Gray in one of your videos. He worked well against Seliph. That was a nice setup on NY!Azura so she could galeforce and sing on the same turn.

@Diovani Bressan Those were some nice video clears with Nowi and Marth.

Anyone who's familiar with FE4 and the types of units I like to use in these maps will know this is pretty much the perfect LHB for me lol.  I was planning on incorporating dialogue into the video, but that turned out to be a little too ambitious for the editing software I use (What will I do with these dialogue cards now?).  Nonetheless I'm still happy with how it turned out!  Ice Dragon already mentioned it, but I love how they incorporated the Gen II child characters as the generic enemies, similar to how Julius's GHB had the 12 Deadlords.

This thread's title is misleading. I can't find anything that says this is going to be the last LHB.

Anyway, as usual, the difficulty spike between abyssal and infernal is stupid and should be reduced. My tank team easily cleared infernal and one-rounded pretty much everything, but can hardly do any damage, let alone kill much in abyssal. That is ridiculous. I will never understand why anyone would say this or pretty much any abyssal maps are easy.

Edited by Anacybele

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This thread's title is misleading. I can't find anything that says this is going to be the last LHB.

It's a joke, like every thread title I make. FE4's final chapter is called "The Last Holy War".

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's a joke, like every thread title I make. FE4's final chapter is called "The Last Holy War".

Okay, then. But it apparently wasn't obvious enough. I've never played the game either, and neither have some others here.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

That's too bad.

Yeah. If only IS would announce Jugdral remakes.

So, anyway, to those who seem to always find these abyssal maps easy or not all that hard, what exactly do they do? Do they use all +10 units with a bunch of premium skills? And then of course, there has to be some strategy involved too, but how could they come up with one for these maps so fast? I just can't get how some players manage to clear stuff the way they do.

Edited by Anacybele

This worked out surprisingly easy. Guess you could say he Seliph-ed up on his defence.

Normal and Hard cleared with low HM units, Lunatic cleared with Fell!Julia, Danckut, Brunnya and Gangrel and Infernal cleared with BowLeif, Reinhardt, Zweihardt and Gronnwen.

One of the easiest Abyssal battles ever. Not only because of the Layout, but because Seliph really is not that great compared to Hrid. Not being able to playerphase really hurts him badly.

Biggest joke of an Abyssal map in quite some time. Just like shooting fish in a barrel with old fashion lynhardt+2 dancers. Guess it fits since Seliph himself is such a joke of a unit that Reinhardt could quad him without swordbreaker.

Spoiler

feh_seliph_lhb_abyssal_clear.jpg

Pretty easy overall, thank goodness. Really only needed the SS on OG!Elise. She has been waiting to try out her new toy.

@LordFrigid - Triple Caeda! Deflect Melee was perfect for dealing with Seliph. Didn’t even need the enemy phase, smooth one-turn!

@Maaka -  Gray is a good boi~ Everyone is tanking Seliph with one HP today, can’t believe Armored Blow is the new meta~ Great job!

@Diovani Bressan - Baby Marth is a great candidate to use on this map with all the horses~ I though about using him myself, but Mira worked fine~ I also like that Marth was supporting Marth. He and Nowi took care of this map pretty easily. See, it’s more fun when Nowi has frens~

The one turn was nice, I didn’t expect OG!Marth would get to get a kill, especially on a  Blue unit~ Gr8 job!

@Nowi's Husband - Good thing this map didn’t have that many Greens~ The Great Wall of Nowi blocking up most of the map on her own was pretty wild~

@Alexmender - Didn’t expect Eirika could have any issues here and it looks like it was a piece of cake for her~ Has Officer Hilda been dispatched to take it on or is she lazying out this time around?

@GuiltyLove - You said it was hard but it sure looked like it didn’t give you much trouble. Myrrh and Sword Catria disposed of most of the map on their own but Catria was really helpful and taking on the right half with her quads and Galeforce. That was a great clear~

@NSSKG151 - I guess Morgan must be Anna’s daughter so she can rightfully fit in the Red Hair gang. Apotheosis Anna was really playing no games at all. The fact that you cleared this with basically two Annas shows how insane you’d made them. Really awesome!

@DLNarshen - I would have said you should have made the dialogue cards the thumbnail but that thumbnail is pretty much perfect, LOL~ Narcian has grown so much, from doing pretty little in these clears to taking the left of the map all by himself~ This was a great mix of Player Phase and Enemy Phase, Julis and Ishtar nuked pretty much everything without fail and Kemph and Narcian could both take plenty of hits. Julius must have really enjoyed that complete Glacies nuke. Overall very impressive!

@Hilda - Your Sharena and Alfonse are as crazy as ever. I always forget how good Sharena’s Perf is. The fact that you basically won with just those two is insane, but Anna was some nice support to help Sharena out~

9 hours ago, Alexmender said:

The length of the video says it all...

This actually gave me the idea to try something very similar with Fallen Ike and the same support units and a lot of the same skills. But for some reason it never worked. Not for a one turn clear or close to it, anyway. Ike just would not kill as many enemies in one round as your Eirika, despite being a much more powerful unit overall. I gave him as many Atk buffs as I could and everything. But the problem of not getting the kill persisted and I don't understand what you did at all.

In the end I did actually somehow clear it, but it of course it took a lot more turns than just one or two.

So got to go for a theme team this time with mini Marth, mini Merric, Gordin, and my freshly promoted...Jagen!

Was definitely fun getting to use this team and have Jagen help train/support/babysit the Archanea kids. He's a +10 project most likely once I finish Klein off. Also definitely seeing how Seliph just wasn't the most impressive or scary, even Jagen managed to tank him.

@Landmaster looks like Elise is having fun with that new Palm Staff. Gonna go for more Mirabilis copies on this current banner?

@DLNarshen I really like the mostly theme clear there, and it's funny seeing Narcian put in some good work, I always like seeing underused units.

@MaakaAs with the above, I really like seeing lesser used units, nice Gray and S!Bartre!

@GuiltyLoveLooks like Myyrh's at least enjoying her new refine there.

Edited by Unknown Gamer11
Accidentally posted it before it was ready.

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Pretty easy overall, thank goodness. Really only needed the SS on OG!Elise. She has been waiting to try out her new toy.

Dang, Elise is really strong to be holding a palm tree while riding on a horse!

@Maaka

Missing a Bartre, instant dislike. Nice work on the clear! Seeing Gray live on 1 HP and dish out two 48s was amusing.

@Diovani Bressan

Always good to see the Marths in action. Or...Young Marth in action, with less-young Marth mostly cheering from the sidelines. I especially liked that Infantry Breath to prep Hero’s Blood in the opening. Nice job!

@Landmaster

It feels like it’s been a while since we last saw a good old-fashioned Elise rampage. She really put that Palm Tree to work! Did Rhys even get to see the castle? Using Martyr to squeeze out two Miracles was neat, as well. Nice work!

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

This actually gave me the idea to try something very similar with Fallen Ike and the same support units and a lot of the same skills. But for some reason it never worked. Not for a one turn clear or close to it, anyway. Ike just would not kill as many enemies in one round as your Eirika, despite being a much more powerful unit overall. I gave him as many Atk buffs as I could and everything. But the problem of not getting the kill persisted and I don't understand what you did at all.

In the end I did actually somehow clear it, but it of course it took a lot more turns than just one or two.

I’m not sure what metric you’re using to define “more powerful...overall”, but Eirika does a much better job than Ike of taking advantage of that support structure. Refined Sieglinde’s stat boosts come from having nearby allies with field buffs, while Chaos Ragnell only works if Ike has penalties...and the only penalty-inflicting skill the starting six enemies have is the Rogue Dagger, which doesn’t do anything for his damage output.

That said, I gave it a shot myself, and Ike should definitely be able to one-turn it. I had to give him one Dragonflower level...but I would hazard a guess that your Ike has merges, unlike mine. Edit: I also needed to tinker a little with the refreshers’ seals and give Ike Swap to get the desired results.

~

Celica took her time, carefully playing around the castle to avoid getting swarmed.

Spoiler

Thrasir, on the other hand, went right for the throat...like usual.

Spoiler

This time the (admittedly uninspired) theme team is...heroes from Jugdral. Woo. I basically picked four good units and went in, poked things for a while, and ended up with this. I thought Julia and Olwen would do more, but Larcei just took over.

Edited by LordFrigid

2 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I’m not sure what metric you’re using to define “more powerful...overall”, but Eirika does a much better job than Ike of taking advantage of that support structure. Refined Sieglinde’s stat boosts come from having nearby allies with field buffs, while Chaos Ragnell only works if Ike has penalties...and the only penalty-inflicting skill the starting six enemies have is the Rogue Dagger, which doesn’t do anything for his damage output.

Having overall better stats as well as good skills? Eirika is a year 1 unit, remember. Fallen Ike we got not even two months ago. He way powercreeps her.

I also was focusing on buffing Ike with the support units, not so much trying to use Chaos Ragnell's effect. Because I'm aware that the starting enemies don't trigger it enough.

4 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

That said, I gave it a shot myself, and Ike should definitely be able to one-turn it. I had to give him one Dragonflower level...but I would hazard a guess that your Ike has merges, unlike mine.

Yes. Mine is +5 and with three dragonflower boosts.