The Last Legendary Hero Battle: Seliph

SatsumaFSoysoy

On 6/30/2020 at 10:31 PM, NSSKG151 said:

Just assume this Morgan is Anna's daughter and dyed her hair black out of rebellion. Nice clear btw. Celica wrecks everything as always and I was surprised to see Kagero be the one who took Seliph down.

Rebellious, huh? Wonder what happened.

Celica couldn't really do anything to Seliph since he's basically immune to being quadded. I could have chipped Seliph down with Veronica, of course, but I didn't even need to in the end.

On 7/2/2020 at 6:22 PM, DLNarshen said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Let me use dark blessings on offense, IS =(.  Narcian's the secret 13th deadlord - a souvenir from Julius and Ishtar's vacation in Aquleia. x)
Your clears always seem to surprise me in how unconventional they manage to be using (mostly) standard build archetypes.  Like, I don't know what I was expecting out of the Seliph battle, but certainly not Kagero initiating not once but twice, tanking an Ignis along the way.  As an aside, the music you use for these always makes me nostalgic lol.   

Same.

Vacation? What's Aquleia?

Seliph is the closest to ever cracking Kagero on Player Phase in any Hero Battle so far. I praise him for his effort.

2002 was 18 years ago.

On 7/2/2020 at 7:58 PM, Alexmender said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Wow! Kagero really took a hit from Seliph's Ignis and lived to say it. That's really impressive. Celica quadding is business as usual by now, but I see that she got an upgrade to her C slot with that Joint Drive Atk. RIP Fish. Seems staying on the bottom of the map is the go to strat if you plan to take down all the reinforcements, makes sense considering the Febail-like archer is the only one that spawns around there while everyone else comes from the top.

I had a spare Lilith, so it's ok. The fish lives on in my castle.

Yeah, this map is hard rush upwards on anyway normally.

15 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Great video! Celica showing that she deserves her status as a Brave Hero. I just wished her Royal Sword granted Cooldown-1, like Slaying Edge does. And I also hope she gets a pretty cool refinement once CYL 2 gets it.

The biggest problem is definitely the proximity thing for the cd acceleration. Even if Royal Sword had Slaying, Slaying Edge + Flashing Edge might still be preferrable, especially because then the Royal Sword wouldn't have Spd +3.

@daisy jane Wow, that's a decked-out flier team. Myrrh is very good on this map, really. It's almost like the left side was made for her. Palla was very important with her Duo skill and PP presence, and Fiora rounds out the team with some mixed phase fighting and tanking. Very nice units, good to see you've finally joined us in recording.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A busy week left me with a bit less time to work on this clear. Abyssal is probably gonna be a skip this time, but I do have a delayed infernal run. I must say I had a harder time then usual. Teleporting mages are the worst.

@Diovani Bressan: Nice clears. I thought Nowi doubled almost everything because Marth was playing speed chearleader, but it was less that and her just being absurdly fast. Did't expect to see that base speed on her. I always thought she was a bit slow. The infernal version in particular stood no chance.

@Landmaster: Is that Pokemon music? OG Elise seemed to be the superstar of this run. The palm staff works pretty nicely with all the speed you already gave her.

@SatsumaFSoysoy: Brave to kill of Seliph on Player phase. That was a lot of damage Kagero shrugged off with her personal. Celica was also good at shredding through everything. even blue units.

@Maaka: Good to see that even pity breakers can be put to good use. Ouch at seeing that +5 though.
------
As for my own clear. I had some difficulties with all those teleporting mages. They're pretty fast and both hit hard. Especially that green gronblade one. So it was time for me to dust of Julius to laugh at them ( @DLNarshen for that one). I still barely pull any Gordins, but that gave me enough recources for another colourless project that is almost done.

18 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Rebellious, huh? Wonder what happened.

Celica couldn't really do anything to Seliph since he's basically immune to being quadded. I could have chipped Seliph down with Veronica, of course, but I didn't even need to in the end.

You know, Morgan would rather become the greatest tactician than join mama Anna's merchant business. Yeah, I don't know where I'm going with this headcanon.

@SatsumaFSoysoy

Another quality clear from CeliKagero, Azura, and Staff Cav. I’m very impressed that Life and Death Kagero ate Seliph’s Ignis, 50% mitigation or not. Nice job!

@daisy jane

Always nice to see Myrrh and the Pegasisters, they both really shined here. That T5 situation looked like it was getting a little cramped, but the team handled it very well. Nice work!

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Always nice to see Myrrh and the Pegasisters, they both really shined here. That T5 situation looked like it was getting a little cramped, but the team handled it very well. Nice work!

Thanks 🙂  that was totally the part that kept tripping me up. myrrh couldn't kill the mage w/o Palla, but it took me a while  to figure it out lol

... Kinda forgot about this until today 🙃. Luckily for me there's nothing Leif and Linde can't handle. Usually I'd use Mia but I wanted to use Lethe this time around. 

1705846612_Screenshot_20200706-182834_FireEmblemHeroes.thumb.jpg.14756c377bc2df900ab52c523bbd28de.jpg

I've truly fallen though thanks to Resplendent Linde. Feh pass actually got me via one of my favs 😔😓

@Diovani Bressan Seliph really stood no chance against Nowi. Mini Marth destroying lives as usual. Great job!

@NSSKG151 Geez the Annas are so amazing. That spendthrift bow is really powerful. Too bad Heroes Anna doesn't do too much, I can't wait until we can finally merge her up... hopefully it happens at some point. Great clear!

@Landmaster Mirabilis is a very nice addition to the Elise squad. Glad to see the palm staff already coming in handy. Makes healer Elise even more terrifying. She certainly took a beating this clear though, 2 uses of miracle... poor girl. Awesome job!

@Unknown Gamer11 Speaking of lesser used units... Jagen was quite the surprise to see. His res is pretty insane, I'd really like to see a mage get through that. Gordin is always neat to see as well. Running into a seriously built Gordin is always terrifying. Nice clear!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Double lion makes brave Celica and regular Alm so much fun, although Celica definitely uses it better thanks to having a speed stat. Kagero's refine did quite a lot of work this clear against Seliph. Very nice clear!

@Some Jerk Wow very nice use of L!Eliwood with his bonus doubler effect. Watching Midori tank all those hits was pretty crazy. Minerva did a great job tanking as well, pretty surprising you didn't need any healing for all of that. Quite the amazing clear!

@Sasori Wow a minty cane Chad. He certainly looks like a neat unit. Roy did quite a good job taking on Seliph, that Ignis was pretty scary. Awesome clear!

Sorry for the late comments, I would have done these last Saturday but I did promise my mom I'd watch a movie with her so, what can I do~

Spoiler

@Unknown Gamer11 - I would have liked to Summon for more Mira copies but I have to save for CYL. It was such a good pool, but I’m a bit glad I skipped because Ingrid tempted me. Next time Mirabilis comes back, I’m pulling for sure since she shares with Marth and I have yet to pull a 2nd copy since his debut Banner~

I love that Jagen and Gordin~ It was an interesting strategy to huddle up in the left side but it worked well doing some sniping here and there when you could and then letting them come to you. Merric’s Special came in pretty clutch here for those heals, it’s awesome you have your own little sustain for the whole team! Great theme team!

@LordFrigid - Free Healers always get to see the castle, it counts if they’re at 4*!

It’s a good thing Seliph’s too slow to stop Desperation, otherwise he might have caused some trouble. But Celica just nuked him anyway, so it didn’t matter at all. It seems like this one is hard to do a nuke and 3 dancers for since you run the risk of going too deep on a map like this, but you hit and run when you needed to, so it all worked out fine~

Of course Thrasir just went straight in, you don’t get much more ballsy than her, which actually made the whole thing a lot easier in the end since you basically took over their side of the map.

Poor Seliph, having his whole team rampaged over by his evil sister and he just can’t save either of them. You don’t see Olwen as often as her bro so she was a nice addition. You just can’t get any more busted as a fast tank than Larcei, she just went crazy here. I feel bad for Seliph’s army.

@SatsumaFSoysoy - I thought I was going to end up having to use Nowi but all we needed from Mirabilis was her Flower of Ease debuffs so she just got to float around and nap.

A map like this is pretty good for Kagero and Celica since they don’t have to worry about getting clogged up. Really nice use of Kagero’s refine against Seliph, he really can’t handle NFU on top of a weapon that weakens his counter attack. Well played.

@Some Jerk - I always love seeing your Midori~ She is an absolute monster with BD. It’s even more impressive considering how little she’s actually even able to get off her Special. She’s quite a beast. Mininerva was awesome too, she had to take a lot of hits AND take on Seliph but she tanked it all like a champ

@NSSKG151 - Palm Staff is a godsend weapon. One one hand, I’m a bit salty it’s not the same as the Banner weapons and actually lower Res. But lowering Attack actually works super well for Elise, it can make her way thiccer than she should be. Especially against mages since she already had a decent Res stat. Considering her naturally low HP stat, it’s great~ I totally recommend you give it to a healer you like using offensively. 

@daisy jane - Oho, I get to see Palla and this Fiora. Myrrh was just a little monster here, you usually don’t see her going offensive. Bellringer Mystic Boost Fiora looks so evil, if only she could run Pegasus Flight with that. Seliph being like the only unit in the game Palla is faster than made her perfect for tanking him. Did I mention Myrrh is a monster, she’s completely insane. You’ve come pretty far from the AOE cheese days~

@DLNarshen - I usually don’t use Dancers for Abyssals and I didn’t want to tempt myself into using Dance or even give the impression that I was intending to use it if someone was to watch the clear so I just take it off from the start. I think what’s funnier is when you watch it, you realize Mirabilis does almost nothing in this clear but move around, she barely even Repositions until she gets that end kill. But on Palm Staff, yep, I didn’t think they would ever give me anything better than Joyous Lantern, but I think Palm Staff is Elise’s new go-to~

@Sasori - Yep, that was the Yveltal and Xerneas theme~ It’s so hype and VS Julius didn’t feel all that fitting here~

Oooo Roy got that Resplendent upgrade! But before that, Chad with Minty Cane is actually super good for him since he’s got pretty good HP~ He was pretty good in this one and Julius was super impressive on the tanking end. I can’t believe Roy Wrath Bignis one rounded Seliph, that had to be the play of the game even though it was mostly the Chad show. Even for Infernal, that’s pretty cool~

@Diovani Bressan It was his most productive battle yet, for sure.

I really like that Special Spiral Marth build!  It synergies so well with his weapon and special.  IS was crazy to make him a 4* focus.  

@Sasori Ayy, it's the return of the DD4 Julius!  Nice one.  An impressive sustain-Chad build too!  Get that man some Mystic Boost too if you're able.

@Landmaster I figured it was something like that - now that I think about it I don't think I've ever seen a dancer in your clears. 

1 hour ago, DLNarshen said:

@Landmaster I figured it was something like that - now that I think about it I don't think I've ever seen a dancer in your clears. 

I used to, I wanna say the first time I beat L!Hrid was the last time I used a Dancer in a clear. Since then,  I haven't used any, but I have done some clears with only Dancers, which are pretty fun. I'll have to do some again now that I've got a really thicc one in Mira~

Edited by Landmaster

Ugh I hate when the forum eats up the post...

Anyway sorry for the delay, been a busy week, so gonna start with some comments:

@Maaka Oooooh Gray!! Nice Grayforce action, I approve! The cav bonus helps but that 1 HP sure was something lol

@Diovani Bressan Infernal's too easy for your team lol. Nowi still holds up pretty well and panic helped with the blade I guess haha.  Kid Marth continues to show he's a monster against Abyssal. Love how you trapped that Brave Bow archer.

@Alexmender Eirika sure dominated that quickly! Always a great showcase of great team.

@DLNarshen Was looking forward to how you'd tackle this. Legendary/Mythic(?) Julius when? Love those Glacies procs and the Heir of Darkness vs Light was nice to see. Kempf is fun to see and Narcian contributes a fair bit! Spring Narcian was too fabulous?

@Landmaster Oooh Palm Staff Elise! Looks nice next to Summer Elise lol. So much damage though, and Sword Elise Mirabilis sure provided some great support! A lot of 1 HP at one point lol. Kind of funny the healer was the last one standing.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Wow Kagero's damage reduction sure came in handy against Seliph! Also love that Threaten skill on Veronica so Kagero can  beat the archer

@daisy jane Well done on the video! Nice to see Summer Fiora, and Myrrh is a monster! Bellringer looks fun to use and great uses of the 'Trio' skill 😛

@Zeo

So I wanted to try a Sigurd/Deirdre clear but I just didn't have time. Needed to do at least one clear so here, have Leif finally welcoming Seliph to the Legendary club with a battle.

Team is +Spd/-Atk Legendary Leif, +Atk/-Res Altena, +Res/-Spd Quan and neutral Ethlyn

Music is Hero's Mission from Fate Grand Order Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia

- Seliph joins the legendary club so Leif and the Leonster family congratulate him with a battle. Still, Leif shows why his legendary alt is a beast, even with the worst IVs he sure carried this run! Moving again is such a great tool.

- With the damage reduction swordies on the enemy side, I found Quan and Altena's blue status really helped. Quan teaches his nephew a lesson in the weapon triangle while Ethlyn provides hone cav and healing support. Admittedly Altena could've done more but at least she got the final kill

@mcsilas He's my most wanted mythic/legendary for sure.  I have my doubts it will happen, but you never know!

Leif really showing why he's a contender for best legendary unit.  Normally I find the Vantage/Meister combo gimmicky without CC/DC, but Njörun's Zeal helps considerably with getting out of the way of the melee enemies.  I appreciate that Altena was able to get some good fighting in at the end.

Late because I had to move countries.

On 7/7/2020 at 2:37 AM, LordFrigid said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy

Another quality clear from CeliKagero, Azura, and Staff Cav. I’m very impressed that Life and Death Kagero ate Seliph’s Ignis, 50% mitigation or not. Nice job!

Maybe there will be a day when Kagero runs into something she can't tank on PP.... I think maybe Lif could've done it but I forgot.

On 7/6/2020 at 3:10 AM, Sasori said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy: Brave to kill of Seliph on Player phase. That was a lot of damage Kagero shrugged off with her personal. Celica was also good at shredding through everything. even blue units.

That's what they do best.

Minty Cane Chad has quite a lot of sustain... Nice Resp Roy too. He is still pretty tanky.

On 7/6/2020 at 10:33 AM, NSSKG151 said:

You know, Morgan would rather become the greatest tactician than join mama Anna's merchant business. Yeah, I don't know where I'm going with this headcanon.

I think it makes sense.

On 7/8/2020 at 10:49 PM, Maaka said:

SatsumaFSoysoy Double lion makes brave Celica and regular Alm so much fun, although Celica definitely uses it better thanks to having a speed stat. Kagero's refine did quite a lot of work this clear against Seliph. Very nice clear!

Maybe BCelica will get Mystic Boost in her refine lol.

On 7/10/2020 at 2:11 PM, Landmaster said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy - I thought I was going to end up having to use Nowi but all we needed from Mirabilis was her Flower of Ease debuffs so she just got to float around and nap.

A map like this is pretty good for Kagero and Celica since they don’t have to worry about getting clogged up. Really nice use of Kagero’s refine against Seliph, he really can’t handle NFU on top of a weapon that weakens his counter attack. Well played.

Hope she had a good nap.

Kagero does hard counter Seliph's gimmicks with this set. I would say maps where I can push hard to gain a lot of map control fast like LLeif's and Thrasir's are the best for Celica/Kagero, but this wasn't too bad because I happened to be able to make the AI take the scenic route.

On 7/12/2020 at 9:17 PM, mcsilas said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Wow Kagero's damage reduction sure came in handy against Seliph! Also love that Threaten skill on Veronica so Kagero can  beat the archer

If I had LnD4, I wouldn't have needed it...

That nature on LLeif is oof, but he's still pretty strong. He happens to be absent from the reinforcements as per the image in the OP, so I guess he is the challenger after all. He did most of the work here, but Quan had to save his son against Seliph. Bet he liked looking cool in front of the kids.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2020 at 9:17 AM, mcsilas said:

So I wanted to try a Sigurd/Deirdre clear but I just didn't have time. Needed to do at least one clear so here, have Leif finally welcoming Seliph to the Legendary club with a battle.

Team is +Spd/-Atk Legendary Leif, +Atk/-Res Altena, +Res/-Spd Quan and neutral Ethlyn

Music is Hero's Mission from Fate Grand Order Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia

- Seliph joins the legendary club so Leif and the Leonster family congratulate him with a battle. Still, Leif shows why his legendary alt is a beast, even with the worst IVs he sure carried this run! Moving again is such a great tool.

- With the damage reduction swordies on the enemy side, I found Quan and Altena's blue status really helped. Quan teaches his nephew a lesson in the weapon triangle while Ethlyn provides hone cav and healing support. Admittedly Altena could've done more but at least she got the final kill

Leif VS Seliph~ Not surprising that Leif did most of the work with his Vantage shenanigans. I think he just wanted to show off. It was mostly a father-son show, which I approve of, nice clear!