Mystery book 1 but where the frick is est

GlitchWarrior

Exactly what it says in the title, all the guides tell me she's in the village in chapter 16 due to her original join map being cut in FE3, but the only village on this map hands out a Hammerne staff. I've already passed the map, so she (and the Mercurius) is now lost forever... so could somebody PLEASE tell me what was going on in that chapter?

I found a little information that might be relevant. Using google translate on the Fire emblem WoD page for that chapter adds the extra information that she only appears from the village if you have Maria, Minerva, Catria and Palla, so that might be the issue you are facing.

Ahhhh... dang. Since I was Ironmanning until around Ch13, I managed to lose Minerva because she suicided onto an all-too-crithappy Hardin... and thus, I was locked out of recruiting the other Whitewings anyway.

I should add, though, that MotE had some terrifyingly OP stat boosters. Since I was Ironmanning, I'm being forced to use some of those forgettable third-rate units. I decided to slap a Dracoshield onto Macellan because, well, he's a knight and should be tanky as all heck. 12 DEF, at this stage, wasn't quite enough for me.Β Then I gave him a Secret Book to boost his hitrate. Now he's a bald death god. To cap it all off, I slapped Boots onto that thicc boi. And gave him the Starsphere so he could use infinite Gradivus. Sadly that has to stop at the end of C17, since me missing Tiki means the only way I can effectively harm Medeus is with the Falchion. Still, I never would have guessed that MACELLAN of all units became a rolling ball of armored death.

On 7/2/2020 at 6:57 PM, GlitchWarrior said:

I should add, though, that MotE had some terrifyingly OP stat boosters.

if you save enough money by farming arenas before reaching a certain end-game chapter with the secret shop that sells those items, you can pretty much break the game by turning at least half of your party into godlike units.

the only issue that comes with arenas is that once you reach lv10 with any pre-promoted unit, the game makes it very hard to proceed with further stages due to an increase of specific counter-class units against your characters.

in any case, what makes stat boosters really overpowered is not the bonus increase itself, but rather the unlimited quantity available.

i remember having about 4~5 units by the final chapter of Book 1 with almost all basic stats capped at 20. the battle with Medeus was a walk in the park.