Looking for help with dialogues - Fire Emblem: Inheritance (completed FE8 ROM hack)

Gorgonath

Hi, I'm one of the two creator of the completed and original ROM hack - Fire Emblem: Inheritance. Link to the post:  Now that I have more time, I'll get on the things we want to add in the game, and in particular, the dialogues that are needed. The hack's dialogues lack a bit of polishing, because neither of us is a native English speaker. I, who wrote most of the dialogues, know English quite well, but it still doesn't come natural to write dialogues of this kind in English. I was wondering if there's anyone here up to do a bit of revisioning for the dialogues that I write, or even, if you want, help to write some of them. Some of the character, for example, are pretty anonymous. If some of you wanted, with a bit of creativity, you could help us charcaterize them through mid chapter convos that you could write and propose to us, if you want.
If you wanted you could even write the supports between the characters, which I don't think we'd have time to write ourselves.

I'm not sure if this post belongs here, if you mods think it's out of place feel free to move it.
Edited by Gorgonath

I guess I could help a little bit, I'll really just have to know how much time it would take and/or through where I could help.

2 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I guess I could help a little bit, I'll really just have to know how much time it would take and/or through where I could help.ld 

I guess you'll choose how much time you want to dedicate to this. The work could be divided in two: I can send you the new things I write, they will be mostly short dialogues, and when you want you can read them a correct them, this shouldn't take too long; on the other hand there should be all the dialogues that are already in the hack. If you are not interested in whole hack, and you know how to use FeBuilder you can download the hack and open each dialogue there. Alternatively we could give you a modified version of the hack so that you don't lose time playing it and you can watch all the dialogues as they appear in game. You tell us, and of course, it's up to you how much time you want to dedicate to this kind of work. We're not expecting you to do all the work, all the help we can get is appreciated. 

A question: would you be interested i writing some dialogue from scratch or are you just interested in the polishing part?

As for the mean of communication I was thinking we could use discord, if you have it.

19 hours ago, Gorgonath said:

As for the mean of communication I was thinking we could use discord, if you have it.

I do have Discord, this should be my tag or whatever Mr. E 2.0#6254 I don't know if it's the number only or if both things are needed to find me but send me a friend request and I should reply quickly enough.

A question: would you be interested i writing some dialogue from scratch or are you just interested in the polishing part?

Just polishing

If you are not interested in whole hack, and you know how to use FeBuilder you can download the hack and open each dialogue there.

I'll have to know where to find all the dialogue in the game, but I think it would be easier if you gave me the script and then I polished it for you and you apply it to your rom and distribute the patch, because thigns could get messy between me messing up the ROM or not patching it correctly, etc.

2 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I'll have to know where to find all the dialogue in the game, but I think it would be easier if you gave me the script and then I polished it for you and you apply it to your rom and distribute the patch, because thigns could get messy between me messing up the ROM or not patching it correctly, etc.

The thing is we don't have a script for all the dialogues we already wrote, but don't worry, I'll work out a way to do it. I could just send you every now and then some of the dialogues copying and pasting them from FeBuilder into a text file, don't worry.