Special Heroes Silhouettes (July 8th)

SockPuppet

So, the other Blue Lions are the unreleased Felix, Ashe, and Dedue, and the already-released Dimitri, Mercedes, and Annette.

If they wanted all five face units to be from Blue Lions, they'd need to either include both Mercedes and Annette, or have at least three of the face units be guys. We've gotten some seasonal banners with 3/5 male units in the past, but unfortunately, I feel like they're not very likely to do that on a summer banner. I don't think including both Mercedes and Annette is super likely, either.

If they want to split the face characters among multiple houses, I'm guessing it's a 2-2-1 split, with two of the remaining characters coming from a different house and one from the third. Right now, Marianne is the only remaining high-profile Golden Deer character left, so if they go for that structure and want the four solo units to all be new, I'd expect her to be one of the two, with either Dorothea or Linhardt rounding it out. In that case they could use any Black Eagles or Golden Deer character already in the game as the face of a Harmonic Hero, paired with some character from another game.

There's a lot of ifs there, of course. We don't even know if they want the face characters to all be from 3H at all.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first thoughts actually were the TMS guy and Titania or Petra to be honest but I can see Sylvain and Ingrid. Does this mean that those alts will be their pre timeskip versions and they won't get a normal Academy alt? Also I really hope they don't have the lance of Ruin and Luin respectively so that when they get added to the normal pool (war phase alts) they will need those weapons to stand out from competition. Regardless won't be spending even if best girl (after Edelgard and Rhea) is there. 

Edited by SuperNova125

6 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

For the tempest trial unit I'm secretly hoping for summer Alois. Preferably in a speedo. 

Summer Alois would be great. Shamir would be cool too. Really, just give us any character from the Church.

6 hours ago, Thane said:

latest?cb=20150617012718

Might be this guy, no? I want a full Three Houses seasonal banner personally, but I feel like they'll add a second Harmonized Hero in order to expand the possible bonus unit rotations in Resonant Battles.

...Wow, are all the guys in TMS this tall and unbelievably thin? This poor guy really looks like he needs more food. I thought Itsuki looked like he needed to eat more too, in his Heroes art, at least. But dang. I know artists have their various styles, but I never was fond of ones that made people look unhealthy like this.

Still, Touma is probably the one character from TMS I'd give a crap about, he did seem cool.

If we get a harmonized hero here, Sylvain and Sain would be PERFECT.

Edited by Anacybele

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Wow, are all the guys in TMS this tall and unbelievably thin? This poor guy really looks like he needs more food. I thought Itsuki looked like he needed to eat more too, in his Heroes art, at least. But dang. I know artists have their various styles, but I never was fond of ones that made people look unhealthy like this.

Touma in his Japan-only TMS swimsuit:

latest?cb=20150911221752

TBF, it's only the idealized human form as formulated in classical Greece, which admittedly leans towards "a skeleton that muscles and skin have been tossed over".

...But yeah, I don't think this will be TMS. My first thought on the one to the left was Lon'qu, but if everyone says it's 3H I suppose it's right. The contours on people from that game don't spring readily to my mind.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Touma in his Japan-only TMS swimsuit:

latest?cb=20150911221752

TBF, it's only the idealized human form as formulated in classical Greece, which admittedly leans towards "a skeleton that muscles and skin have been tossed over".

...But yeah, I don't think this will be TMS. My first thought on the one to the left was Lon'qu, but if everyone says it's 3H I suppose it's right. The contours on people from that game don't spring readily to my mind.

Well, again, wow. I won't ever understand why such unhealthy appearances were "ideal" to anyone. It just looks painful and suffering for the poor person, and just awful.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Well...

latest?cb=20151203201750

...Then if a guy isn't really thin, he's fat? That's not cool either. Varying body types are fine, but that's just it, VARYING. So where's all the in between? There should be some skinny folks, some more average folks, and a few overweight folks (I don't think overweightness is as common as the other two).

I hope the boy is indeed Sylvain and the banner is full 3H. I'd love if female Byleth is in there because the other two avatar girls got their summer version. 

Edited by charmedx3

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, again, wow. I won't ever understand why such unhealthy appearances were "ideal" to anyone. It just looks painful and suffering for the poor person, and just awful.

As someone who comes from the opposite end of the weight spectrum (albeit aided by height and thus avoiding rotundness), I actually envy it. Its the "healthy" physique I'll never have in my life, the youth of which has almost passed entirely.

That said, the Greco-Roman ideal form is not-infrequently excessively lean and muscular to me. The Hindu and Buddhist ideals developed in India can be more to my preference, which are not fat or Rubenesque, but actual flesh is placed beneath the skin.

I just knew it was going to be Three Houses... fingers crossed the rest of the banner has more variety.

Nothing against 3H but I like seeing more than one game repped and they swept CYL3 as it is.

Everyone assuming the whole banner is just going to be Three Houses characters is reminding me of when everyone assumed the 2020 Bridal banner was just going to be all Fates (when in reality only two of the five characters were Fates). Since they are likely to introduce another Harmonic Hero on the banner I think that at least one character is likely to come from another game.

1 hour ago, X-Naut said:

I just knew it was going to be Three Houses... fingers crossed the rest of the banner has more variety.

Nothing against 3H but I like seeing more than one game repped and they swept CYL3 as it is.

Same I swear to god if the next banner is all 3H right before the brave banner. I’m gonna lose it

5 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I could've sworn Ingrid had significantly shorter hair (like, passes her shoulder blades and stops),

This is (presumably) pre-time skip Ingrid, it's post time skip where she cuts her hair

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Given their support they'd make a decent summer duo hero. The support for them as a pairing would likely skyrocket if that's the case. 

How about you stop assaulting my Orb stash, thanx? Ashe and Petra is one of my favorite pairs and I would NEED them if that was the case

9 minutes ago, Nym said:

I think we are going to get a Duo unit from Three Houses, not a Harmonic Hero.

It's certainly possible, but that'd mean Mia would stay our only Harmonic unit until at least August, which seems a bit odd to me.

If they do go for a 3H duo, it'd mean six characters total, so they could do two from each house. The duo would probably be Black Eagles, maybe Edelgard/Hubert?

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

This is (presumably) pre-time skip Ingrid, it's post time skip where she cuts her hair

How about you stop assaulting my Orb stash, thanx? Ashe and Petra is one of my favorite pairs and I would NEED them if that was the case

Brave Dimitri, we ask you to push away the temptation just one more time. 

in regards to the new hero Banner. - honestly. I feel people will be cranky regardless of when the next 3H banner shows up, and personally, it makes more sense to have it now during their 1 year anniversary thing, and get it over with then you know the next few months aren't, vs. waiting for the shoe to drop. (and personally i don't even count the CYL banner to count because anyone could have won. the Leaders did so that's just the way that cookie crumbled). 

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As someone who comes from the opposite end of the weight spectrum (albeit aided by height and thus avoiding rotundness), I actually envy it. Its the "healthy" physique I'll never have in my life, the youth of which has almost passed entirely.

That said, the Greco-Roman ideal form is not-infrequently excessively lean and muscular to me. The Hindu and Buddhist ideals developed in India can be more to my preference, which are not fat or Rubenesque, but actual flesh is placed beneath the skin.

Huh, interesting to hear. Those Hindu and Buddhist ideals sound a little more to my preference too.

This is going off topic now though, so I'll go back on topic.

3 hours ago, charmedx3 said:

I hope the boy is indeed Sylvain and the banner is full 3H. I'd love if female Byleth is in there because the other two avatar girls got their summer version. 

OMG, if female Byleth is there along with Sylvain, I'm going to end up having TWO OTPS on summer banners. Frederick and female Robin are the first from 2017. The second would be female Byleth and Sylvain since I married them together and really liked them in the end. ❤️

5 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Hoping for something as incredible as this 😅

Holy crap, this has got to be the sexiest Dimitri I've ever seen.

If it's Sylvain and Ingrid, Felix kind of feels like he'd get in to. In the Blue Lions, those three were kind of their own little friend group, as I recall. But then that'd mean 3 of the 4 units in the banner would be units whose base forms are not in the game yet. Not that that matters, considering every other seasonal banner seems to give us at least one such unit, so who's gonna notice it when THREE such units get in...

I could see them going the easy route and picking up Summer F!Byleth because "one girl on a summer banner? Not in this house."

45 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Huh, interesting to hear. Those Hindu and Buddhist ideals sound a little more to my preference too.

This is going off topic now though, so I'll go back on topic.

OMG, if female Byleth is there along with Sylvain, I'm going to end up having TWO OTPS on summer banners. Frederick and female Robin are the first from 2017. The second would be female Byleth and Sylvain since I married them together and really liked them in the end. ❤️

Holy crap, this has got to be the sexiest Dimitri I've ever seen.

You have great taste! It's actually my OTP for 3H too! their ending cards in all routes are super beautiful, and also really loved Robin with Frederick and was a favorite as well 😄

Let's hope both Sylvain and Byleth are in the banner to have our summer OTPS! I'll even buy orbs to support if they release them.

Sylvain as the TT unit would be great, good reason to fodder him off if he has some nice skills, easy AA unit if not.

And it would mean I would not have a second grail project. V!Titania is at +4 now, Brunnya and Kronya are done, and I used pleny of grails for Marisa’s and Loki’s fodder. IP and Flier formation are expensive man. A Petra alt as the TT unit would cause my grail stash to plummet. 

No way, Sylvain will definitely get screwed if he's the TT unit. I'd much rather see Felix get screwed since I don't like him. Free units almost always get shit stats and skills.

It looks like I will not be able to pull on the banner anyway because my card suddenly does not work anymore and I don't have any orbs after I was looking for Elincia merges on the revival banner.

16 minutes ago, charmedx3 said:

You have great taste! It's actually my OTP for 3H too! their ending cards in all routes are super beautiful, and also really loved Robin with Frederick and was a favorite as well 😄

Let's hope both Sylvain and Byleth are in the banner to have our summer OTPS! I'll even buy orbs to support if they release them.

Oh wow, I never thought I'd see another person that favors both those pairings! Awesome to hear!