Brainstorming/interest check: Fic about the elites

Dragoncat

I've been interested in Nemesis and the elites for some time now, which is surprising, since they were a group of dragon murdering bandits, and I really love dragons. But dangit, they have become MY dragon murdering assholes, and I think I should write a few chaptered fic about them. So far the biggest headcanon involves Maurice. I say he was a farmer hired on to be the supply/water boy. When the Red Canyon incident happened, a wounded dragon charged him, and with sheer luck, he finished it off with a random weapon he grabbed out of the supplies. Nemesis was impressed by this, and allowed him to take the crest from this dragon like the rest did. He transformed later because he hadn't gotten the Agarthans' magical blessing plus he wasn't a trained warrior so it was harder on him overall.

Things I need help with:

What were the elites, and Nemesis, back in their day before they took the crests? They were heroes, but how? I kinda want them to be slightly famous at the beginning of the fic to justify them hiring someone to haul their convoy, and justify Maurice jumping at the offer right away. And I'm not sure just "they're conquering" would work because Maurice needs a good reason to look up to them. They can still conquer after they have him, but they need something else.

Should I create an Agarthan mage to bestow the magical blessing? Should they be male or female? Female could produce some funny interactions with Nemesis/awkward back and forth flirting. I mean both could I guess, if somebody really wants a gay Agarthan I guess I could try, but I'm used to writing hetero so I fear that I'll handle it wrong. If I don't create a character for this, I can just handwave it and say the blessing happened.

Personalities I came up with:

Nemesis: Leader because he's the biggest and strongest, lets fights happen, nobody knows his real/birth name
Blaiddyd: Grumpy, pessimistic, growly
Riegan: Witty, tricky, level headed
Gautier: Sly, tough, slight ladies man
Lamine: Serene, pulls a helpless act to get the boys to do work for her
Goneril: Meathead slightly sexist jock
Daphnel: Skilled mage, slightly cocky
Dominic: Big clumsy oaf
Fraldarius: Fierce, stubborn, one ups the boys all the time
Gloucester: Oblivious mage, Lamine has him wrapped around her finger
Charon: Blaiddyd's moping buddy, likes rainy weather
Maurice: Country bumpkin farmer

Bonus planned Valentia reference:

Goneril: Gautier, you ginger stud, you're well?
Maurice: He's not a stud, he doesn't have any kids yet.
Riegan: And you have three already, does that make you one?
Maurice: I don't know, but I love them all.

Chapter layout will probably go from hiring Maurice, to some stuff leading up to the Red Canyon, to that, then Maurice transforming and going berserk, then end when the church goes after them after Beast!Maurice is subdued and in a ditch, only to wake up later.

Input appreciated.

Edited by Dragoncat

You forget I've never played 3H, the only reason this whole thing didn't go completely over my head is because Nemesis got a card this last Cipher set and I recognized Hilda's family name. I can proofread stuff if you want, but I don't know how much help I can be outside of that with my lack of knowledge on the subject.

47 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

You forget I've never played 3H, the only reason this whole thing didn't go completely over my head is because Nemesis got a card this last Cipher set and I recognized Hilda's family name. I can proofread stuff if you want, but I don't know how much help I can be outside of that with my lack of knowledge on the subject.

My apologies, I thought you did. Carry on.

21 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Dominic: Big clumsy oaf

Of course the one named after me is the oaf.

This looks pretty good! Sounds really interesting.

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Of course the one named after me is the oaf.

I borrowed some of the stuff from somebody who made portraits of them on Reddit. Dominic had a big ass scar and they said he told everyone he got it from the crusher dragon and he got it from tripping over a box or something lol. Clearly he's Annette's great ancestor.

Thanks for the interest!