Fire Emblem Heroes - Special Heroes (Overseas Memories)

Landmaster

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Picnic Leo is a green mage cav, I believe.

...Yep he is.

I am surprised that Sylvain's got some pretty decent skills! And I'm glad he has a horse too! I don't mind him being the 4 star focus as long as his stats are good. Though even then...he's so sexy here and I love him as a character so much that I have to +10 him anyway! Gonna make sure I get all the copies I need and try to pull everybody!

Right you are, I guess Sylvain is the second male green cavalry mage then. But it does not bode well for Leo that I totally forgot he existed

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The art is amazing!

Yes! Lorenz is free! Free Golden Deer student!

Gonna try to get Duo Byleth and Rhea or Dorothea

Ingrid has art I like= Goodbye orbs. Everyone has great art (although I'm not that fond of F!Byleth's voice here but Rhea kinda makes up for it). 

Anyways, judging these guys skillsets:

The weapon theme seems to be some sort of variant of the Season line. The weapons only work during the first combat so they aren't meant for GF shenanigans or omega tanking. Really niche but it seems good enough for arena and AA where you mostly want to face 1 unit at a time instead of tanking everything. 

S!Ingrid has the Prf version of the inheritable weapons which is nice, although her skillset is all over the place which isn't so nice. Sturdy Impact is for player phase while the new Guard Bearing is for the enemy phase, which screams Ingrid wants to be a mixed phase unit but that's hard to pull off as a flier. Guard Bearing is a guaranteed Close Call/Repel effect but stronger at the price of it working 1 time per turn (if I read correctly). Niche, but it could be useful for times where you just can't retreat and are forced to tank 1 enemy hit. 

S!Dorothea is a singer how unexpected and her weapon is an inheritable dagger with a slightly weaker effect than Ingrid's Lance. I don't think it'll see much use when Daggers are all about being offensive with Broadleaf Fan or using Prfs. Her new B skill is a slightly stronger version of one of Mirabilis's prfs (can't recall if the weapon or the exclusive Dance). Either way, it's good but not enough to forgo the ever reliable WoM.

Silvain is demote fodder, at least Rouse Atk/Def is a pretty great skill for guys like the Fallen Corrins and some others that want to be alone. 

And now we get a Duo hero instead of a Harmonic hero. Mia didn't leave a good impression on me so I'll say I prefer Duos for now (but only slightly, I'm still miffed at the 185 BST stuff they got). The Prf has Slaying+ conditional NFU. Super strong as Spring Fir showed. Ruptured Sky is a premium fodder skill, Atk Spd Push 4 is also premium. The dual Chill is bleh and Ground Orders is awesome for AR-D. 

The Duo skill is a free Desperation regardless of your HP. In my eyes it doesn't mesh that well with Byleth's Prf (that weapon screams "Run me with Watersweep or Windsweep!") but it can come in handy if you pair her with guys that have auto follow up weapons. As one would expect a Duo hero is powerful, but this time it isn't anything gamebreaking. Red mage Fliers are pretty rare with only Aversa being readily available and Byleth doesn't touch the same niche so she has value if only for being that unique.

Edited by Alexmender

6 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

This thread was first by one minute, but the other thread has more replies.

Nice to see plenty of new characters in. It means those who like Ingrid etc have something rather than nothing.

Actually, you're right. I'll be keeping my post in this thread.

Still haven't fully decided what to get from the banner but Dorothea is top priority. Ingrid is tempting and might go for a couple of Sylvains to keep for fodder.

This banner is pure perfection for me. I'll try for everyone at least one copy, with trying to go for merges for Sylvain and duo Byleth. 

For the ones who said about male Byleth  he'll probably be on winter anyway like the other male a avatars, no need to get mad.

I hope my 700 orbs are enough and planning to buy forma soul packs to express my gratitude. 

Huh, looks like I was wrong and it was all Three Houses plus a Duo unit instead of a Harmonic Hero. Oh well, not like I was going to pull on a summer banner outside for good skills. As always I am more interested in what skills we will get off the free unit.

Now I am more curious which game will be the focus for the New Heroes banner later this month. Will it be Tellius, more Three Houses characters to celebrate their one year anniversary, maybe Archanea since it is the next game after Tellius to have gone the longest time with a new heroes banner, or maybe some other game.

Edited by NSSKG151

Why did I see the other thread locked a minute ago and now mine is merged into it? Didn't mine get more replies? Just saying. Because something weird happened.

44 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

-Hanging with Tens

Props to whoever came up with that.

Yeah that was excellent.

Cuboon's art style looks slightly different, I didn't recognize it at first. Byleth being a flier is pretty funny considering the state of 3 houses, and her NFU weapon is nice, too bad getting windsweep is annoying. And I can't wait to see speedo Lorenz lol.

Edited by LoneStar

7 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Huh, looks like I was wrong and it was all Three Houses plus a Duo unit instead of a Harmonic Hero. Oh well, not like I was going to pull on a summer banner outside for good skills. As always I am more interested in what skills we will get off the free unit.

Now I am more curious which game will be the focus for the New Heroes banner later this month. Will it be Tellius, more Three Houses characters to celebrate their one year anniversary, maybe Archanea since it is the next game after Tellius to have gone the longest time with a new heroes banner, or maybe some other game.

I really hope it's Tellius. 3H would seem pretty redundant right between this and CYL, it's basically a 3H banner's worth of New Heroes here already.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why did I see the other thread locked a minute ago and now mine is merged into it? Didn't mine get more replies? Just saying. Because something weird happened.

I think merging them together automatically puts the initial one first, otherwise the posts would be out of order.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

From the title, it’s still your thread. Landmaster’s post was first, so their post got put above yours.

Edited by Baldrick

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think merging them together automatically puts the initial one first, otherwise the posts would be out of order.

3 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

From the title, it’s still your thread. Landmaster’s post was first, so her post got put above yours.

Ohhh, okay. Makes sense. I forgot to put "Special" in the title before "Heroes" instead of "New" though, so could that be fixed? xP

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

I really hope it's Tellius. 3H would seem pretty redundant right between this and CYL, it's basically a 3H banner's worth of New Heroes here already.

Totally agreed. And Tellius still hasn't had a proper new heroes banner in well over a year. I'm sick of IS sprinkling it in with needless repeated seasonals and alts. I do love my Fallen Ike, but still.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Lorenz's art is awesome, damn, sucks I have to feed one to Nowi

https://imgur.com/a/xwefopr

I love his poses and facial expressions. lol

But...at the same time, I'm also going oh my god.

1. Why the f is he wearing that, ew...

2. WHY DOES HE LOOK LIKE HE LOST HIS MANHOOD? He's so...FLAT down there. o_o

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Yeah, if you ignore Byleth this basically is a banner with all new characters on it and if CYL is still coming in August Three Houses will be getting another banner next month so hopefully some other game gets the New Heroes banner later this month.

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm pretty sure Byleth had another voice though.

No, that's the same VA unless you were talking about Sothis. For some reason, they added another "n" to her first name that I'm pretty sure isn't supposed to be there. It's spelled like that for original F!Byleth now too.

Another Sencha and another cuboon. That's enough to satisfy me.

Nothing looks like a must have to me in terms of performance, stat-wise or skill-wise. Typical stat creep, which doesn't really matter all that much to me.

Probably going to try for a few extra copies of Byleth, though.

Also, dammit people, stop fighting over getting to post the thread.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also, dammit people, stop fighting over getting to post the thread.

No one was fighting over that though? I just asked a question about why the threads were merged the way they were and I got my answer and that was all...

Anyway, Syvlain did get stat screwed... Really disappointed. Both his Atk and Spd should be a little higher if he's meant to be a fast hitter. His defenses are too low to make up for it. But I admit he's not as bad as Lorenz. Lorenz is awful. Good thing I didn't plan on using him at all.

If Sylvain has a superboon in Atk or Spd though, that might help him.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

No one was fighting over that though? I just asked a question about why the threads were merged the way they were and I got my answer and that was all...

Anyway, Syvlain did get stat screwed... Really disappointed. Both his Atk and Spd should be a little higher if he's meant to be a fast hitter. His defenses are too low to make up for it. But I admit he's not as bad as Lorenz. Lorenz is awful. Good thing I didn't plan on using him at all.

If Sylvain has a superboon in Atk or Spd though, that might help him.

tbf, it does reflect his stat growths in his home game. My Sylvain almost always ended up Spd-screwed and hardly doubled anything...