Fire Emblem Heroes - Special Heroes (Overseas Memories)

Landmaster

Just now, Landmaster said:

Lorenz's Skills

Reveal hidden contents

svf02xw9w5951.png

Garbage LMAO

Spoiler

Ah yes, a 5*-locked Boost skill in 2020. They really wanted him to be just a meme that rivals even Summer Leo and Canas, huh?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

tbf, it does reflect his stat growths in his home game. My Sylvain almost always ended up Spd-screwed and hardly doubled anything...

This Sylvain seems like he's meant to be a Spd tank with those crappy defenses though. I'd have given him 37 Spd and 35 Atk. I do realize he's on a horse and is a mage and they always get lower stat totals in general, but still. Those lower BSTs don't help them in harder maps.

Though funny thing, I never had to care about Sylvain's Spd in my TH playthroughs, I always made him a Great Knight. lol

EDIT: Oh hey, Bruno's not the only muscular mage in the game anymore. XD They both have horses too!

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Ah yes, a 5*-locked Boost skill in 2020.

Boost skills are useless anyways, so making it the 5-star skill is better so that the other, more useful skill is available at 4-star rarity.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

OM!Ingrid looks pretty decent. I assume Guard Bearing has no restrictions.

Guard Bearing is restricted to non-beast, non-dragon melee flying only.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Lorenz's art is ... uh.

It terrifies me.

EDIT: Also, 35 speed is pretty generous on Sylvain, especially if it's neutral speed. He could've had like 31, which is difficult to do anything with.

Edited by Sunwoo

Was really excited for a 3H summer banner. Not a huge fan of Dorothea, Byleth and Rhea in general (among a few more characters) and of course they’re the ones that get alts...

Maybe the universe is telling me to save my orbs.

BST, and Super Boon/Banes of the units:

Spoiler

Ingrid (166):
- HP
+ SPD
+Def

Sylvain (152):
- Def
- Res

Dorothea (157):
- HP
+ Atk
- Def

Byleth (155):
- HP
+ Spd
- Def

Lorenz (162):
+ Def
- Res

@Anacybele No super boon for you. instead, have some super banes.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Anyway, Syvlain did get stat screwed... Really disappointed. Both his Atk and Spd should be a little higher if he's meant to be a fast hitter. His defenses are too low to make up for it. But I admit he's not as bad as Lorenz. Lorenz is awful. Good thing I didn't plan on using him at all.

His stats are fine. He can run Gronnblade and murder just about anything. His main issue is his HP being over 40 so he is vulnerable to Level 1 Bolt Traps, but if you are not using him in Aether Raids, then being over 40 HP is not a huge deal. You still want your HP to be as low as possible in other modes, but unlike Aether Raids, there is no hard limit that you need HP to be under.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Guard Bearing is restricted to non-beast, non-dragon melee flying only.

Oof. Well, I guess even if was not as restricted, cavalry units would still want to stick with Lull Atk/Spd in most cases anyways, and I guess armors want to stick with their Fighter skills.

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Boost skills are useless anyways, so making it the 5-star skill is better so that the other, more useful skill is available at 4-star rarity.

True, but the Boost skill shouldn't even be there to begin with because it's useless garbage like you said. And by that, I mean it should've been Defiant Res 3 if they really wanted to go full meme.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Hide contents

600361635_Screenshot_20200706-0125102.thumb.png.1f3a4c61d99f522c98d532c09aab1885.png

Spoiler

I would've thought Ingrid would have a Res superboon over Def

Same attack and +10 speed over Cecilia, I'd be all over Sylvain if he were in the general pool. 152 is the highest BST we've seen from a horse mage too, so any merge takes him to the 155 bin, which is impossible for anyone else except a +Def (hah) Halloween L'Arachel.

Huh so Guard Bearing is this game's way of incorporating Alert Stance. Between this banner and CYL next month my orbs are not safe.

Just now, Landmaster said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I would've thought Ingrid would have a Res superboon over Def

That's just how the growth rates are assigned to the characters. They could have done that though.

Hmm, you guys notice that a good number of our freebies seem to have higher HP than most of their banner counterparts, but rarely enough to do anything useful with it?

It couldn't possibly be because HP is one of the more useless stats and they don't want to invest in the more useful stats, right? Right???

1 minute ago, XRay said:

His stats are fine. He can run Gronnblade and murder just about anything. His main issue is his HP being over 40 so he is vulnerable to Level 1 Bolt Traps, but if you are not using him in Aether Raids, then being over 40 HP is not a huge deal. You still want your HP to be as low as possible in other modes, but unlike Aether Raids, there is no hard limit that you need HP to be under.

I disagree. His stats are pretty bad compared to what the game generally gets now. And I'm of the opinion that if a unit requires heavy investment to be viable, it still hurts their usability to some degree. Regardless of how easy or difficult it is to get the required investment.

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Reveal hidden contents

600361635_Screenshot_20200706-0125102.thumb.png.1f3a4c61d99f522c98d532c09aab1885.png

Spoiler

...Wow. Sylvain has no superboons at all and instead has superbanes in both his defenses? That doesn't even make realistic sense. How is a muscular dude so potentially fragile? Then again, a lot of stats and outfits in this game don't make sense together, so... Can't really let myself be bothered by it. I'm more surprised that Sylvain is the only one lacking a superboon here.

1 minute ago, LoneStar said:

That's just how the growth rates are assigned to the characters. They could have done that though.

For units from the past year or two, you can generally assume that superboons in Atk and Spd are deliberate, but superboons in other stats and superbanes as a whole are most likely not.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I disagree. His stats are pretty bad compared to what the game generally gets now. And I'm of the opinion that if a unit requires heavy investment to be viable, it still hurts their usability to some degree. Regardless of how easy or difficult it is to get the required investment.

Reveal hidden contents

...Wow. Sylvain has no superboons at all and instead has superbanes in both his defenses? That doesn't even make realistic sense. How is a muscular dude so potentially fragile? Then again, a lot of stats and outfits in this game don't make sense together, so... Can't really let myself be bothered by it. I'm more surprised that Sylvain is the only one lacking a superboon here.

how is gronnblade (and basically fury/life and death three) heavy investment with a statspread like that? 

Nice, easy skip Banner the day I decide I'm going to actually try saving my Orbs for a change. Between this and CYL I might actually end up with over 250 Orbs, possibly the one good thing 3H has done for me.

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@Anacybele

Sylvain's stats are nice. I don't see the complain.

Just give him Blade tome + Fury + Desperation. He is ready to roll. Pretty cheap.

32 Atk and 35 Spd are very low for this day and age in the game when we get units with base 36 Atk or 38 Spd or something. A neutral Sylvain will have 34 Atk and 37 Spd at +10 and then max dragon flower boosts will make that 35 and 38 respectively. If he gets cav buffs those rise to respectable levels, but even those pale in comparison to units that can reach speeds or other stats of over 50 and even 60.

Pretty much an easy skip, especially since Summer Lyn is coming back soon.

Sylvain: Him being 4-5* available is possibly a reference to his being easy to recruit if Byleth were female, especially since Duo Byleth is female on the banner. Boring glass cannon green mage cav though he does nail the modern male beachgoer look.

Ingrid: Already looks fast at +0, especially with Spd superboon. However, she is yet another lance flier though her swimsuit looks nice.

Byleth+Rhea: cuboon channeling that horny energy, especially in the damaged artwork. Her Prf looks annoying though shooting her out of the sky shouldn't be too hard. Meanwhile, her Duo skill isn't too crazy in the player's hands since it's completely useless if the enemy team is already too fast for any of your units to double (ie. in Arena Assault).

Dorothea: Surprisingly good Atk/Spd for a dancer though that does make her support utility a bit limited when compared to Tethys outside of absorbing Chills (maybe).

Lorenz: All washed-up upon arrival.

Edited by Roflolxp54

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

32 Atk and 35 Spd are very low for this day and age in the game when we get units with base 36 Atk or 38 Spd or something. A neutral Sylvain will have 34 Atk and 37 Spd at +10 and then max dragon flower boosts will make that 35 and 38 respectively. If he gets cav buffs those rise to respectable levels, but even those pale in comparison to units that can reach speeds or other stats of over 50 and even 60.

He'll have 37/40 at +10 without flowers. It's +4 every stat, plus a further +1 to HP/Atk/Spd from the first merge since he's neutral. 38/41 with flowers.

Just now, Humanoid said:

He'll have 37/40 at +10 without flowers. It's +4 every stat, plus a further +1 to HP/Atk/Spd from the first merge since he's neutral. 38/41 with flowers.

Pretty sure it's +2 to every stat, though? And each dragon flower boosts a stat by 1.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Pretty sure it's +2 to every stat, though? And each dragon flower boosts a stat by 1.

You play It for 3 years and forgot how merges work? It's +4 to all stats at +10. Then flowers add an extra +1, and some extra stats for neutral merge.