Fire Emblem Heroes - Special Heroes (Overseas Memories)

Landmaster

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

32 Atk and 35 Spd are very low for this day and age in the game when we get units with base 36 Atk or 38 Spd or something. A neutral Sylvain will have 34 Atk and 37 Spd at +10 and then max dragon flower boosts will make that 35 and 38 respectively. If he gets cav buffs those rise to respectable levels, but even those pale in comparison to units that can reach speeds or other stats of over 50 and even 60.

Selena: 37/37
Larachel: 36/34
Wolt: 34/34
Sue: 32/38
Olwen: 30/35
Spring Catria: 32/35
Rath: 33/35
Python: 32/35

SO it seems to me. that most Cav range (green specifically, though catria is blue). has relatively the same stat spread. And all of them for the most part are great. Fury/LND 3. Blade Tome.(and now short bow). With Flowers. better stats. With support and tactics. better stats. so no. it doesn't sucks. 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Anacybele said:

Pretty sure it's +2 to every stat, though? And each dragon flower boosts a stat by 1.

No, each merge adds +2 stats, so you gain a total of 20 points at +10. Since there are 5 different stats, that means each is raised by 4. The first merge on a neutral unit also adds a further +1 to the three highest stats (in Sylvain's case, the three highest are HP, Spd and Atk respectively) since there is no bane to eliminate. So in total, the ten merges gives him +5 HP, Spd and Atk; and +4 Def and Res.

This is before +1 to each stat from Dragonflowers, which will be gained in the order of HP, Spd, Atk, Def, Res.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

You play It for 3 years and forgot how merges work? It's +4 to all stats at +10. Then flowers add an extra +1, and some extra stats for neutral merge.

Can you prove this? Because I could swear it was always +2. Also, even if I am wrong, we all make mistakes and forget things sometimes, you know.

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

Selena: 37/37
Larachel: 36/34
Wolt: 34/34
Sue: 32/38
Olwen: 30/35
Spring Catria: 32/35
Rath: 33/35
Python: 32/35

SO it seems to me. that most Cav range (green specifically, though catria is blue). has relatively the same stat spread. And all of them for the most part are great. Fury/LND 3. Blade Tome.(and now short bow). With Flowers. better stats. With support and tactics. better stats. so no. it doesn't sucks. 

I'm comparing him to more than just other green cavalry mages though.

7 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

He'll have 37/40 at +10 without flowers. It's +4 every stat, plus a further +1 to HP/Atk/Spd from the first merge since he's neutral. 38/41 with flowers.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

You play It for 3 years and forgot how merges work? It's +4 to all stats at +10. Then flowers add an extra +1, and some extra stats for neutral merge.

Lorenz is the free unit, not Sylvain.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Lorenz is the free unit, not Sylvain.

Yeah, Ana used neutral just for the sake of comparison to other horse mages I think so we're working on that assumption.

@daisy jane To add to the comparison, bows and daggers actually have higher BST than mages - current ones have 156-157 versus mages at 150-152, so it looks even better for Sylvain if he has the same offensive statline as Python despite 5 BST less.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm comparing him to more than just other green cavalry mages though.

Why though? that's Sylvain's peers and he's on par with them. So he's not hosed one iota. And quite frankly if he had Selena's stat spread, he'd be 5* exclusive. and then he wouldn't be readily available. Most range units has that stat spread. the only ones that don't are the two newest ones who hit 37++ and Wolt. Three whole units. like be thankful that the character you like has a good stat spread and can be easily used. most people would be happy, i don't get or understand why you're kvetching about a 32/35 spread. 

@Humanoid that's true too. so either way you look at it. Sylvain is looking pretty good if that's the target.  i guess the one bummer is that no real superboon, but Lute had none (decent) anyway so that's consistent too. relatively easily merge project workable ivs. 

Edited by daisy jane

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Can you prove this? Because I could swear it was always +2. Also, even if I am wrong, we all make mistakes and forget things sometimes, you know.

Wants me to prove it? Here's your beloved Freddy Bear.

axtnJmL.jpg

WUomIHh.jpg

Looks like your rage for your beloved Sylvain not having the stats you wanted, even though he is a 4* Cavalry Mage unit, made you blind to basic game mechanics.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Since Ana used Neutral Sylvain in her example, we also used neutral stats for our explanation.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, Ana used neutral just for the sake of comparison to other horse mages I think so we're working on that assumption.

@Ice Dragon Yeah, this. I was just using it for the sake of comparison.

If completely merging really does add +4 to every stat though, rather than +2, that is pretty workable, actually.

Incidentally here are actually only four magic horsies with current-gen BST.

Selena 37/37
Halloween L'Arachel 36/34
Forrest 32/26
Silque 28/22

Literally all the other ones have launch-equivalent BST. Dunno why IS is obsessed with making all the new ranged cavalry green or grey. I think this banner will mark a full year since the last time a red/blue one was added.

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Wants me to prove it? Here's your beloved Freddy Bear.

axtnJmL.jpg

WUomIHh.jpg

Looks like your rage for your beloved Sylvain not having the stats you wanted, even though he is a 4* Cavalry Mage unit, made you blind to basic game mechanics.

Thank you for showing me. However, I was not raging. 😕 There's a difference between rage and simple disappointment. I also don't appreciate being called blind, thank you.

I actually like Lorenz's art for the most part (PenekoR's art in general is really good imo) but jeez what happened down there?! Even Ken dolls aren't that flat. Actually, their summer Xander or spring Bruno don't share that issue despite wearing some tight clothing too so is this maybe intentional? Nonetheless, it's good to see some Lorenz here.

The desert mercenary banner is going have to take priority for me 😫 THEN I will go for Summer Sylvain +10...

Regarding Lorenz... if Yusuke Kozaki had drawn him, I wonder if he would’ve gotten the Spring Alfonse treatment lol

11 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I actually like Lorenz's art for the most part (PenekoR's art in general is really good imo) but jeez what happened down there?! Even Ken dolls aren't that flat. Actually, their summer Xander or spring Bruno don't share that issue despite wearing some tight clothing too so is this maybe intentional? Nonetheless, it's good to see some Lorenz here.

The water is cold. Very, very cold.

Yeah, nothing really game changing. This banner solely exists for baiting people out of 3 Houses, so it’s a pass for me. I’m surprised how they handled Rhea. I was expecting Rhea as a Legendary Hero as the Immaculate One, then Serios-Persona, then Fallen Rhea. Disappointed that it was Female Byleth’s over Male, since there’s more female characters over Males now, but I guess Female Byleth sells more.

10 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Yeah, nothing really game changing. This banner solely exists for baiting people out of 3 Houses, so it’s a pass for me. I’m surprised how they handled Rhea. I was expecting Rhea as a Legendary Hero as the Immaculate One, then Serios-Persona, then Fallen Rhea. Disappointed that it was Female Byleth’s over Male, since there’s more female characters over Males now, but I guess Female Byleth sells more.

Male Byleth will probably get a Winter, NY or Valentine alt... as per tradition, the female avatars go on a summer vacation, while the male avatars are forced to brace the cold lol.

While I like seeing these characters in, I hope it doesn't mean their normal versions won't get added...

I'll be trying for Sylvain and Dorothea, I'd be cool with getting Ingrid too! I'd be excited about Rhea if she didn't come with Byleth.

44 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I disagree. His stats are pretty bad compared to what the game generally gets now. And I'm of the opinion that if a unit requires heavy investment to be viable, it still hurts their usability to some degree. Regardless of how easy or difficult it is to get the required investment.

Gronnblade (13 Mt) that is fully buffed (24+6) with Brazen Atk/Spd Sacred Seal (7) is already 50 total Atk. Neutral OM!Sylvain got 32 base Atk. That is 82 Atk at +0+0 with no A skill. Blade mages do not need crazy high base Atk to work well. Celica is not even a Blade mage and she still works fine on most Abyssals, and she barely hits 80 Atk at +0+0 with Brazen Atk/Spd 4 on A slot. OM!Sylvain hits 82 Atk at +0+0 and still has an empty A slot.

You are underestimating how strong Player Phase units are, especially Blade mages. Outside of mages, few units can reach over 80+ Atk reliably, especially with how easy it is to buff them up with Tactics or VS!Azura.

Fodlan fun in the summer sun? I mean, it's been a year, might as well start letting them have alts. Shame only Byleth was in the game already.

First is Ingrid, who's a lance flier with Starpoint Lance (Spd +3, during units first combat in EP or PP gets +5 to all stats and heals 10 HP afterwards), Moonbow, Sturdy Impact, Guard Bearing 3 (During unit's first EP combat if foe initiate reduces foe's first attack by 50%) and Odd Spd Wave. Next is Dorothea, a colourless dagger infantry with Hidden Thorns+ (On unit's first combat in PP gets Atk/Res +5 and heals 7 HP afterwards, reduces foe's def/res by 7 after all combats), Dance, Atk Cantrip 3 (After using Dance/Sing reduces nearest foe's atk by 7 (max 4 spaces)) and Hone Atk 4. Then it's Sylvain, who's a green tome cav with Melon Float+ (On unit's first combat in PP gets Atk/Res +5 and heals 7 HP afterwards), Draw Back, Chill Res 3 and Rouse Atk/Def 3 (So higher def than res?). Finally, Byleth + Rhea (Oh god oh fuck, I wasn't thinking Rhea'd get a seasonal) are a red tome flier with Sun's Precussors (SC -1, if unit has more Spd than for or if they have 100% HP, gets +5 to Atk/Spd and Null Follow-Up), Ruptured Sky, Atk/Spd Push 4, Chill Spd/Res and Ground Orders. Their duo effect grants Desperation (How apt a name) to unit and allies in two spaces. Then it turns out Lorenz is just.... there. Off to the side of everyone else. As our free unit. A Red Mage too. It also turns out we got the update, so dataminers are done too.

Spoiler

m422pi98u5951.png

Pretty tempted to possibly pull ingrid or the broken duo. Dorothea is also a good case, but RIP Lorenz, that statline is leaving him in danger. He's got the same weapon as Sylvain, Pivot, Fire Boost and Even Res Wave. Man that's weak.

So I'm alright with this. Not too enthused, but I'll think on it. Also, Golden Deer shafted, sorry but has to be said.

Ingrid: She sure looks loaded, but i'm not too interested in another blue lance flier. Ingrid herself is ok, but not someone i'm going to pull on.

Dorothea: Now here is someone I will pull on. Her skills looked unimpressive enough for me to briefly consider her the 4 star, but I like Dorothea.  So most orbs on colourless.

Sylvain: The actual 4 star of this banner. I like Sylvain, but he's not high priority. I might go for a green if I see it.

Byleth/and Rhea: Nice to see Rhea join her even with less hips. Shame she's not in the lead, but I like her as a duo hero. Seeing her on vacation could be pretty interesting to see.

Lorentz: I did not expect to see Lorenze, but it actually makes sense to put him on the banner. I'm getting some Raigh vibes from his stats though.

Skillwise this banner is a massive skip. Dorothea is a hight Atk dancer something I am not a big fan of and why build Sylvain when I have 11 Cecilias in my barracks? Ingrid as a unit is a pretty big skip especially since she can't run Galeforce properly due to her weapon and she is generally pretty weird. As much as I love her I will wait for the future post timeskip version with Luin that can be sparked (even more than one time with the reruns) and could appear in other banners. The only problem is Rhea. She is one of my favourites competing only with El, not being the lead does make things easier to skip however it could be the only Rhea for a long time and that's what mekes hard to decide. However, unit wise I am not too keen on her especially since the Duo skill has an effect that is one of her preferred B slots anyway. Lorentz is not even worth as a bonus unit for me as I have Hilda so that's my take on the banner. 

I really am conflicted when it comes to Rhea should I spend 10 to 15 orbs to challenge my luck hoping to get her or I should skip and keep saving? Especially since Rhea will certainly have more versions. 

Edited by SuperNova125

Well this is akward. I need to save but I also low-key want everyone. 

I think I will pull full circle until I get someone. Also I'm really happy to see almost everyone being new to game. I remain firm with my stance than any way to add new faces to the game is a good way.