Fire Emblem Heroes - Special Heroes (Overseas Memories)

Landmaster

Oh hey, another lance flier and regular, pre- or post-timeskip, Ingrid whenever she is added would likely be a lance flier or maybe a lance cavalier if the other was introduced as a lance flier. Lance infantry wouldn't have been that bad or maybe they could have had her overlap and had her be a sword or axe flier.

PenekoR's art style makes Lorenz resemble Tokyo Ghoul's Tsukiyama Shuu to me.

Spoiler

In terms of stats, Lorenz is Raigh with HP which is not as great as Raigh with resistance.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that was...surprising. Everyone guessed Ingrid and Sylvain, but I really didn't expect the other characters IS chose. Maybe I just think along themes more than they do... It's their game, so I won't complain, of course. I'm just kind of stunned right now. Ingrid and Sylvain were both added, but Felix wasn't? That trio kind of goes together. I mean, if they were all added individually, it would make some sense, but two together and one left behind? Besides that, the others seem kind of random, too. I'm not really upset, just in a state of confusion. Thankfully, Sylvain is the demote. I don't have the orbs to pull for Ingrid, so I guess I'll just focus on Sylvain.

So, pulling green and if there are no greens, pulling blue. If there are only colorless or red...uhh colorless, I guess?

Lorenz is a shame. I enjoy him as a character, and the art is glorious, but his stats are even worse than his luck with finding a suitable wife to marry into the great and noble House Gloucester. As an added insult to injury, I already have a +10 Raigh, so he doesn't even fill the niche of "infantry red mage with... uhhh... balanced stats" in my barracks.

As for the others, art is good, particularly Sylvain and Dorothea, but I'm trying to save orbs, so I guess it's just the free pull for me.

Is it just me, or does Summer Ingrid give off Riesz (Trials of Mana) vibes? Both have long, blond hair and lances as weapons, and although Ingrid looks like she has more of a tan than Riesz, the similarity is just uncanny.

Guard Bearing seems to me a lesser-degree Close Call/Repel, which strikes me as okay that they have some form of damage reduction that Infantry-types are spoiled with.

9 hours ago, Othin said:

I really hope it's Tellius. 3H would seem pretty redundant right between this and CYL, it's basically a 3H banner's worth of New Heroes here already.

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Ohhh, okay. Makes sense. I forgot to put "Special" in the title before "Heroes" instead of "New" though, so could that be fixed? xP

Totally agreed. And Tellius still hasn't had a proper new heroes banner in well over a year. I'm sick of IS sprinkling it in with needless repeated seasonals and alts. I do love my Fallen Ike, but still.

Same. Just give me fucking Jill already X(

16 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Is it just me, or does Summer Ingrid give off Riesz (Trials of Mana) vibes? Both have long, blond hair and lances as weapons, and although Ingrid looks like she has more of a tan than Riesz, the similarity is just uncanny.

It's funny you should say that, because Ingrid and Riesz are both voiced by Brittany Cox. Maybe there's a deeper conspiracy going on here...

Speaking of characters that Ingrid looks like, here's another one, designed by me long before TH was even a thing: https://www.deviantart.com/great-aether/art/Knight-of-Rare-Blood-Marina-677148797

They have similar personalities and ride Pegasi too. It's as if IS happened upon my character and got a lot of inspiration. I doubt this is the case, but if it somehow is, I'm honored, of course!

26 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Same. Just give me fucking Jill already X(

And give me Kieran, Marcia, and the rest of the Greil Mercs in addition to Jill.

I stand corrected: Riesz is a redhead lmao.

The Desperation effect on Duo Byleth's weapon makes her (or is it THEM?) a shoo-in for Galeforce teams.

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Speaking of characters that Ingrid looks like, here's another one, designed by me long before TH was even a thing: https://www.deviantart.com/great-aether/art/Knight-of-Rare-Blood-Marina-677148797

They have similar personalities and ride Pegasi too. It's as if IS happened upon my character and got a lot of inspiration. I doubt this is the case, but if it somehow is, I'm honored, of course!

I can do one better than that. Two years before Kingdom Hearts released, I wrote my first short story that went in an eerily similar vein, minus the Disney characters. Pathways to other worlds with their own fitting keys that opened the way? Sending a teen to a random world because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time? I had it two years before Square Enix. Too bad I was only 12 and couldn't capitalize on my genius. I will be grateful to Square, though, because Kingdom Hearts forced me to completely revamp my idea and it's expanded from a handful of characters to literally several thousand NPCs, tomes of lore, and four interconnected stories.

2 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I can do one better than that. Two years before Kingdom Hearts released, I wrote my first short story that went in an eerily similar vein, minus the Disney characters. Pathways to other worlds with their own fitting keys that opened the way? Sending a teen to a random world because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time? I had it two years before Square Enix. Too bad I was only 12 and couldn't capitalize on my genius. I will be grateful to Square, though, because Kingdom Hearts forced me to completely revamp my idea and it's expanded from a handful of characters to literally several thousand NPCs, tomes of lore, and four interconnected stories.

Wow. lol That's pretty crazy. Also reminds me now... I designed an Electric zebra one-stage evolution Pokemon line not long before gen 5 came out and added Blitzle and Zebstrika. XD I also came up with a polar bear Pokemon before Cubchoo and Beartic were a thing as well. Though my polar bear was going to be Ice/Water rather than just pure Ice and it would've been a starter Pokemon.

It just goes to show that you can just so happen to unknowingly come up with a very similar idea to someone else!

To get back on topic though, I've gotta make sure I grab all the free orbs I can before this banner drops so I can be in the best position possible to pull for all these guys!

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I already thought Sylvain was a douchebag, but this alt takes it to a new level. 

...What? How does this alt make him a douche?

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

He just... looks like a douchebag to me. Sorry, but that's my opinion on the matter. I know you love him, but I don't have to.

I'm not saying you have to like him. Your comment just confused me because it came off as saying that anybody in swimwear automatically seems to be a douchebag, that's all.

3 hours ago, JubileePhoenix said:

Rhea looking like she got the heroes treatment nicely, 

I can't tell whether you are being sarcastic or serious but I think she got a pretty bad debut. For how important and popular she is, being a side kick to Bylass is pretty bad. Especially since the only one who also debuted like this is Elice. I am hoping her next versions do her justice (After I am done with CYL Edelgard I will try to +10 a potential normal pool version of her).

10 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I can't tell whether you are being sarcastic or serious but I think she got a pretty bad debut. For how important and popular she is, being a side kick to Bylass is pretty bad. Especially since the only one who also debuted like this is Elice. I am hoping her next versions do her justice (After I am done with CYL Edelgard I will try to +10 a potential normal pool version of her).

i would +10 a potential base Rhea too, but i have zero confidence in the fact that IntSys is releasing that anytime soon: it's true that she's popular, but not enough to grant her the Camilla/Lyndis/Lucina treatment

at the moment, i'm so happy that IntSys is acknowledging her, she deserves it

Edited by Yexin

Man Lorenz is a disappointment. His stat spread is about as good as Raigh's, but he doesn't have a prf Owl Tome, so he's worse. At least he looks like he's having a good time.

Girls have good artwork, though Byleth might be a bit too busty. I know she has one of the largest chest sizes in 3 houses, but this is a bit much haha. Ingrid's art is perfect though. Very respectably designed and she actually looks pretty cool.

Sylvain looks great. With those great abs & shades, he's undoubtedly ready to mingle. 

14 minutes ago, Yexin said:

i would +10 a potential base Rhea too, but i have zero confidence in the fact that IntSys is releasing that anytime soon: it's true that she's popular, but not enough to grant her the Camilla/Lyndis/Lucina treatment

at the moment, i'm so happy that IntSys is acknowledging her, she deserves it

I don't think she will receive the treatment these ladies got however she was in the top 20 of CYL if I am not mistaken with Seiros following behind, also she does have room for some alts that are canon and not random seasonals. 

Spoiler

Her normal version as Archbishop (mythic potential) either as a mage or a dragon as the immaculate one. Also she could appear as Seiros (mythic most likely) being a dragon or a swordie. Lastly, a fallen alt similar to the Corrins based on the final battle of SS. 

I am simply kind of annoyed at how she debuted, but it's not the end of the world (even more time to save and be done with CYL). 

48 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

He might've been referring to how they put more emphasis on Rhea's "assets" like they have for other females (like Kagero, whose two alts were also drawn by cuboon).

33 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

though Byleth might be a bit too busty. I know she has one of the largest chest sizes in 3 houses, but this is a bit much haha.

According to her ingame 3D model when set in a generic class, she is 200% of a generic female unit's bust size. Second only to Manuela among the playables. Pre-timeskip, Dorothea is tied for 5th place in this- imperfect- metric at 160%.

13 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I actually like Lorenz's art for the most part (PenekoR's art in general is really good imo) but jeez what happened down there?! Even Ken dolls aren't that flat.

It's not exactly a surprise to me, though I do recognize the tiny speedo accentuates the absence the way looser and bigger trunks would not. I can envision prior FEH men in swimsuits being eunuchs. 

You're never going to see the stuff, so why bother including it or drawing with it mind? It's a weird and unseen appendage that makes 3D modeling and 2D drawings alike more unnecessarily complicated, so it gets left out. There is a Breath of the Wild completely nude Link official artbook sketch that shows him devoid of anything down there. Lorenz must've been made in the same mindset, except this is a fringe case where it detracts.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

He might've been referring to how they put more emphasis on Rhea's "assets" like they have for other females (like Kagero, whose two alts were also drawn by cuboon).

i'm definitely not complaining, i mean this is one of FEH's selling points

Mixed opinion here.

• Duounit has a fantastic effect for galeforce team and great skills overall.
  • Dorothea is definitely an interesting dancer. Not fond of her weapon, but her B skill looks interesting.
  • Ingrid is in the most oversatured class and I can't really see the synergy effect of her skills with her weapon. If she had distant counter, it would work. Anyways Ashnard would love her B skill. Technically it could also be inherited with sturdy impact.
  • Sylvain is the demote. Considering his skills he looks fine. Though I'm kinda worried he could have a similar statspread as Leo, so he would exist only for fodder.

Everyone has something to offer, but as for the units theirselves only the duo and Dorothea convince me.

Edited by Falcom Knight

Well, I just got my Adrift M!Corrin manual, so I think I'll be giving Sylvain NFU for giggles and shenanigans. I can also be tempted to turn him into a mix-phase unit with CC, if I have any spares lying around. Slap the Spd/Res solo seal on him and he gets +6 to all stats on his lonesome. Still debating on giving him Gronnblade, but I think I'll see how his weapon works first before devoting the feathers for it.