Fire Emblem Heroes - Special Heroes (Overseas Memories)

Landmaster

21 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

No, it's called bad luck~

You're not guarenteed any particular unit on any particular Banner~

Of course you aren't. But if a larger than usual number of people are having this kind of "bad luck," it starts to look like it's actually more than just bad luck. I'm pretty sure this game is not immune to bugs. There have been a number of mistakes fixed in it in the past.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Of course you aren't. But if a larger than usual number of people are having this kind of "bad luck," it starts to look like it's actually more than just bad luck. I'm pretty sure this game is not immune to bugs. There have been a number of mistakes fixed in it in the past.

Pitybreakers are not bugs. It's bad luck, end of. You have the exact same chance to Summon an off-focus unit that you have for a Focus unit so there's no such thing as a "larger than normal number of people having bad luck". That's not how the game works.Β It's just how your pulls ended up.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A few people on a forum getting many non-focus units is not indicative of a bug. Heck, in the grand scheme of things it'd be strange if there WEREN'T people with that kind of pulls since the odds of pulling a Focus 5* are the same of pulling a Non-Focus 5*. Plenty of people out there are getting lots of Focus Units, while others are getting pitybroken all over the place. It balances out, and I'm pretty sure it happens to lots of people in all communities.

6 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Pitybreakers are not bugs. It's bad luck, end of. You have the exact same chance to Summon an off-focus unit that you have for a Focus unit so there's no such thing as a "larger than normal number of people having bad luck". That's not how the game works.Β It's just how your pulls ended up.

I didn't say pitybreakers are bugs. I'm saying it's always possible that a bug can happen with a banner because this game is not immune to bugs. I simply suggested there could be one, not that there definitely is.

6 minutes ago, Jave said:

A few people on a forum getting many non-focus units is not indicative of a bug. Heck, in the grand scheme of things it'd be strange if there WEREN'T people with that kind of pulls since the odds of pulling a Focus 5* are the same of pulling a Non-Focus 5*. Plenty of people out there are getting lots of Focus Units, while others are getting pitybroken all over the place. It balances out, and I'm pretty sure it happens to lots of people in all communities.

Sure, it'd be strange as well if most people were getting focus units only. It'd be equally strange if most weren't and got non-focus units or no 5 star units at all.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I didn't say pitybreakers are bugs. I'm saying it's always possible that a bug can happen with a banner because this game is not immune to bugs. I simply suggested there could be one, not that there definitely is.

Sure, it'd be strange as well if most people were getting focus units only. It'd be equally strange if most weren't and got non-focus units or no 5 star units at all.

Sure, there "could" be a bug. There "could" always be a bug. Even when things are running smoothly there "could" be a bug. Why even bring it up? If you can't point out solid proof that there's a bug going on there's not even a point of discussing it because there's no way to prove it.

The people on this forum make up... what? 0,001% of the player base? Even if not a single person here pulled a Focus Unit that wouldn't be indicative of a bug.

Edited by Jave

7 minutes ago, Jave said:

Sure, there "could" be a bug. There "could" always be a bug. Even when things are running smoothly there "could" be a bug. Why even bring it up? If you can't point out solid proof that there's a bug going on there's not even a point of discussing it because there's no way to prove it.

The people on this forum make up... what? 0,001% of the player base? Even if not a single person here pulled a Focus Unit that wouldn't be indicative of a bug.

So I'm not allowed to just suggest something then?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

So I'm not allowed to just suggest something then?

You can make as many suggestions as you want. Just make sure when suggesting something like there's a bug in the game to also provide evidence to back it up.

Just now, Jave said:

You can make as many suggestions as you want. Just make sure when suggesting something like there's a bug in the game to also provide evidence to back it up.

How am I suppose to prove if this kind of bug happens?

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How am I suppose to prove if this kind of bug happens?

Data mining, focus testing, hacking, just to name a few. It ain’t a bug regardless cause if it was the feh team likely would’ve caught it by now but if it were a bug then there are ways to factually prove it

4 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Data mining, focus testing, hacking, just to name a few. It ain’t a bug regardless cause if it was the feh team likely would’ve caught it by now but if it were a bug then there are ways to factually prove it

Okay then. Sadly, I can't datamine... I'd have to search for someone else's datamine. But that's provided that even exists.

40 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The fact that to this day in this many years a Banner has never had a bug, I think that there's no reason to suspect any bugs as far as Summoning goes

4 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

The fact that to this day in this many years a Banner has never had a bug, I think that there's no reason to suspect any bugs as far as Summoning goes

There's a first time for everything though. But fair enough anyway.

Exorcism appears to have worked... maybe. Hard to tell.

350 more orbs got me

• Ewan
  • Dorothea
  • Duo Byleth [+Spd, -Atk]
  • Brave Alm again (really?)
  • Velouria
  • Duo Byleth to get rid of the -Atk

And now I can take a break from pulling until the Mythic banner comes around. Yay.

And to wait until tomorrow to level up all of the ranged units.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Wow my luck was so bad on this one. 180 orbsΒ to get ONE 4* Sylvain.Β All I got were two green off-focus units (Sue and Micaiah) andΒ lots of 4* other green characters. This was all sniping and with a suspicious amount of green orbs onΒ each pull.

I was hoping for like one 5* Sylvain and 1 4* Sylvain so I could upgrade+merge to get rid of the flaw. But there's other banners I need orbs for, so I'll come back to this since it's 30 days.

But dang. I suppose this is what I get for getting all the characters I've been wanting in 15-25 orbs max on all the other banners. Hahaha.Β 

20 hours ago, daisy jane said:

they did the same thing with Brides this year, with Leanne wishing to be a Bride. well. if we get a Leanne bride next year, lol i have to be prepared for my Prince of the Beach πŸ‘

Ah, I didn't specifically mean getting him as a seasonal unit. I meant at all. It'd be fun to see them all join up as friends in any way. ^_^

I FINALLY got Dorothea. She's -Atk, but since that isn't as bad for a refresher as it is other units, she can stay like that for now. I still lack Ingrid anyway. And a few more needed copies of Sylvain!

XXuNUrW.jpg

He's getting there! I'm real short on feathers now tho...

I've solo yolo-ing after getting 5 orbs...On the bright side, I did fix Byleth's -Atk, she's just still +Res anyway. I'll wait to see what happens with my birthday this year if I'll be able to pull for the rest of the Sylvain merges I need. Otherwise, I'm about done on this banner.

I finally got Ingrid yesterday! And best of all? She's FREAKING +SPD, -DEF. I couldn't have asked for better IVs! I'd like to fix my duo Byleth and Dorothea's -Atk, but at least I got everybody! WOOHOO! I'm still missing two more Sylvains as well, though. I have only one waiting to be merged and that would leave him at +8. Can't believe how much trouble I'm having in getting him now. 😞