Jump to content
Landmaster

Fire Emblem Heroes - Special Heroes (Overseas Memories)

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

NFU is infantry only.

yeah...just saw that. Actually...i think I had this exact same issue when I was working on Naesala and NFU was still recent. Well, bummer. Guess it's Fury/Desperation/Blade-tome after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

 

  • Ingrid is in the most oversatured class and I can't really see the synergy effect of her skills with her weapon. If she had distant counter, it would work. Anyways Ashnard would love her B skill. Technically it could also be inherited with sturdy impact.

For the record, Ingrid's class is currently the third most common at 27 units, after sword infantry (63) and axe infantry (28). It's followed by lance cavalry (25), colorless bow infantry and red tome infantry (24), colorless dagger infantry (22), blue tome infantry (21), and green tome infantry (20).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Othin said:

For the record, Ingrid's class is currently the third most common at 27 units, after sword infantry (63) and axe infantry (28). It's followed by lance cavalry (25), colorless bow infantry and red tome infantry (24), colorless dagger infantry (22), blue tome infantry (21), and green tome infantry (20).

So...stop making infantry units, gotcha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't even understand why Lorenz isn't on a horse, I would have consider him my next grail project if he had a horse.

But I don't need another red tome infantry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

So...stop making infantry units, gotcha.

Yeah, they literally make up half of the unit roster (including the summer TH characters) at this point (271 out of 542).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, they literally make up half of the unit roster (including the summer TH characters) at this point (271 out of 542).

And they have probably the least amount of skills catered to them. Then again, it follows how units in the main games are. There's only fraction of fliers and armors, a little more cavalry, and then the rest are infantry.

30 minutes ago, Nym said:

I don't even understand why Lorenz isn't on a horse, I would have consider him my next grail project if he had a horse.

But I don't need another red tome infantry.

Red tome cavalry would've probably been an improvement, especially since he's normally a Dark Knight. I mean...they made Sylvain a cavalry mage (which is something I was so hoping they would do!) and nothing has stopped them from having more than one cavalry mage in a set release. Greil's Devoted had Titania for the TT and Mist for the banner. Owen and Reinhardt premiered together at launch, and I'm sure there's other examples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

And they have probably the least amount of skills catered to them. Then again, it follows how units in the main games are. There's only fraction of fliers and armors, a little more cavalry, and then the rest are infantry.

Red tome cavalry would've probably been an improvement, especially since he's normally a Dark Knight. I mean...they made Sylvain a cavalry mage (which is something I was so hoping they would do!) and nothing has stopped them from having more than one cavalry mage in a set release. Greil's Devoted had Titania for the TT and Mist for the banner. Owen and Reinhardt premiered together at launch, and I'm sure there's other examples.

There's been a fair number of infantry-exclusive skills showing up over time, although most of them are very rare and/or pretty narrow. I think they're well ahead of cavalry in that regard by now, and pretty close to armors.

Off the top of my head:

Infantry: Inf Pulse, Time's Pulse, Inf Breath/Hexblade, NFU, NCD, Repel, Close Call, Inf Flash/Rush, Sorcery Blade

Armors: Wary/Bold/Vengeful/Special/Daring Fighter, Hone/Fortify/Goad/Ward Armor, Armored March/Stride

Calvary: Hone/Fortify/Goad/Ward Cavalry

Fliers: Hone/Fortify/Goad/Ward Fliers, Acrobatics, Flier Formation, Guidance, Flier Guidance, Air/Ground Orders, Pegasus Flight, [whatever Ingrid's B skill is]

That's 11 infantry/armor, 4 cavalry, and 12 flier, although I could be forgetting something. 

Regarding Greil's Devoted, Soren was a third mage cavalry there. 

Edited by Othin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, they literally make up half of the unit roster (including the summer TH characters) at this point (271 out of 542).

Don't forget that they have access to all the broken skills in the game like luls, nul skills, Close Call/repel, Special Spiral, infantry pulse and the list goes on. I think the time to bring an inheritable 12 Mt Poison dagger or tome is near. It doesn't directly combat the problem but it could potentially force some players to have more non infantry options ready. However this still doesn't mean that other movement types will be better. Cavs still have low BST despite having access luls. Fliers don't have any of those skills despite having more managable stats and bows are everywhere meaning that a tanky/EP flier will have to run Iote's shield and other than QR there are no B slot options. Armors have extremely bad movement, have pretty crippling effectiveness that appears in many weapons and they don't allow creativity, unless your name is Edelgard then you have limited or tame PP compared to other movement types. However, I think IS knows this and perhaps that's why the recent Legendaries are not exactly broken, but break the mold of their Classes, Edelgard being a PP Armor and Seliph being an enemy phase Horse. 

Edited by SuperNova125

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2020 at 2:51 PM, Tybrosion said:

He might've been referring to how they put more emphasis on Rhea's "assets" like they have for other females (like Kagero, whose two alts were also drawn by cuboon).

You get me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Othin said:

There's been a fair number of infantry-exclusive skills showing up over time, although most of them are very rare and/or pretty narrow. I think they're well ahead of cavalry in that regard by now, and pretty close to armors.

Off the top of my head:

Infantry: Inf Pulse, Time's Pulse, Inf Breath/Hexblade, NFU, NCD, Repel, Close Call, Inf Flash/Rush, Sorcery Blade

Armors: Wary/Bold/Vengeful/Special/Daring Fighter, Hone/Fortify/Goad/Ward Armor, Armored March/Stride

Calvary: Hone/Fortify/Goad/Ward Cavalry

Fliers: Hone/Fortify/Goad/Ward Fliers, Acrobatics, Flier Formation, Guidance, Flier Guidance, Air/Ground Orders, Pegasus Flight, [whatever Ingrid's B skill is]

That's 11 infantry/armor, 4 cavalry, and 12 flier, although I could be forgetting something. 

Regarding Greil's Devoted, Soren was a third mage cavalry there. 

I say we start a petition for Cavalry buffs. I also forgot about Soren...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, these last several hours until the banner drops can't go by fast enough! Sylvain is just so hot and cool (heh) here and this version of him just makes me love him more than I already did. 🥰 And then there're the others on this banner I want to get my hands on too!

Of course, I gotta get some sleep before I hop in there since, well, reset is 3AM in my timezone. But yeah.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

It doesn't directly combat the problem but it could potentially force some players to have more non infantry options ready.

I think the broken skills are doing their job. Infantry were pretty much completely useless prior to the Gen 3 stat boost and new infantry-exclusive skills. The fact that they are finally good again was the entire intent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think the broken skills are doing their job. Infantry were pretty much completely useless prior to the Gen 3 stat boost and new infantry-exclusive skills. The fact that they are finally good again was the entire intent.

I don't even think they're broken. They needed some powerful infantry-exclusive skills to not just be worse versions of other movement types, and they got that, along with a more suitable stat level. Things are looking pretty good in my book, although I do think it'd be also nice for cavalry to get a few of their own unique skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Othin said:

although I do think it'd be also nice for cavalry to get a few of their own unique skills.

This, and I'd like cavalry to not be a burden in modes like arena and arena assault. The thing I hate most about these is BST factoring into your score. Not only does it hurt players when their bonus units are lower BST and hurt even some units who are really good in general, it's made all the top scoring players spam armors and as a result, there's a lack of team variety in higher tiers/scoring. That is so boring.

On top of that, cavalry have the shortest end of the stick here because infantry and fliers can at least use the duel infantry and duel flying skills to boost their scoring. Cavalry don't even have an equivalent to that! Where's the love for cavalry? I'm someone that likes using horse teams and I'd like to NOT be punished for it, thanks.

Just give cavalry a way to boost their scoring potential, please! And make the duel skills a little more accessible in general. I would say to remove the BST factor entirely, but that would render the duel skills completely pointless.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Othin said:

I don't even think they're broken. They needed some powerful infantry-exclusive skills to not just be worse versions of other movement types, and they got that, along with a more suitable stat level. Things are looking pretty good in my book, although I do think it'd be also nice for cavalry to get a few of their own unique skills.

I was just using the same wording as the post I was quoting, but I guess it wasn't clear since I didn't include that part in the quote itself. Oops.

Yeah, I don't think they're broken, either. Infantry are finally in a good place where they can actually compete with other movement types without being completely overshadowed or completely overshadowing others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

This, and I'd like cavalry to not be a burden in modes like arena and arena assault. The thing I hate most about these is BST factoring into your score. Not only does it hurt players when their bonus units are lower BST and hurt even some units who are really good in general, it's made all the top scoring players spam armors and as a result, there's a lack of team variety in higher tiers/scoring. That is so boring.

On top of that, cavalry have the shortest end of the stick here because infantry and fliers can at least use the duel infantry and duel flying skills to boost their scoring. Cavalry don't even have an equivalent to that! Where's the love for cavalry? I'm someone that likes using horse teams and I'd like to NOT be punished for it, thanks.

Just give cavalry a way to boost their scoring potential, please! And make the duel skills a little more accessible in general. I would say to remove the BST factor entirely, but that would render the duel skills completely pointless.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Duel skills. I'm not sure why they haven't released cavalry versions yet, that's really odd. We're also still missing C Duel Flying for some reason. In addition, R Duel Infantry, B Duel Infantry, and G Duel Flying are all currently seasonal-only.

At least you can use cavalry freely in later rounds of AA, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the very least, melee cavalry have more of a place nowadays with Resonant Battles, especially with Lunge (since ranged units have to deal with the Obstruct effect from guardians).

Well, it depends on the trench placement in the maps but so far my more successful runs involve the 3 move units.

Bonus points for Frederick and Cain having WoM

Edited by mcsilas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really liked the story to this one! Everyone was so in-character, and I love that they addressed the lack of Felix. I wonder if this means we'll be getting him, soon. The reference to Dimitri was great, too. ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was my haul from the banner. I hadn't done the Paralogue maps yet, so my orb count went from 2,555 orbs to 2,505 orbs. Overall, I'm think I'm satisfied from this banner. Back to hoarding for Jill and Patty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I really liked the story to this one! Everyone was so in-character, and I love that they addressed the lack of Felix. I wonder if this means we'll be getting him, soon. The reference to Dimitri was great, too. ^_^

 

they did the same thing with Brides this year, with Leanne wishing to be a Bride. well. if we get a Leanne bride next year, lol i have to be prepared for my Prince of the Beach 👏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really just have 5 star Sylvain and duo Byleth to show for like 500 orbs...

I noticed I still had a few orbs left later though, actually. I got another 5 star Sylvain. XD He's +4 now! I don't have enough feathers to make him +10 through just 4 star copies though, so I hope to get more 5 star ones at some point. But as I said in the pull thread, I need a break. And I spent enough money for the time being. Sylvain's worth every penny in my eyes, but still.

I'm sad I still lack Ingrid and Dorothea though...

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure this banner doesn't understand what a Focus is.

800 orbs in (which is what I usually budget these days for a Special Heroes banner) and I've so far gotten

  • Awakening Anna
  • Brave Veronica
  • Adrift female Corrin
  • 4-star Sylvain
  • Siegbert
  • 5-star Sylvain after I stopped pulling green
  • Lilith
  • Ingrid
  • Cuan
  • Lethe
  • Caineghis
  • Another Lethe
  • Brave Alm

What the fuck, game.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm pretty sure this banner doesn't understand what a Focus is.

800 orbs in (which is what I usually budget these days for a Special Heroes banner) and I've so far gotten

  • Awakening Anna
  • Brave Veronica
  • Adrift female Corrin
  • 4-star Sylvain
  • Siegbert
  • 5-star Sylvain after I stopped pulling green
  • Lilith
  • Ingrid
  • Cuan
  • Lethe
  • Caineghis
  • Another Lethe
  • Brave Alm

What the fuck, game.

Wow, it seems a lot of us are having this issue. I'm getting a lot of pitybreakers too and I've seen others say the same has happened for them. Could this banner be bugged?

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got Ingrid after getting Ylgr and Sumia, two units I never wanted to see in my life but that's 12K feathers so I can't complain~ Didn't go under 500 Orbs so I'm good for CYL now~ Sylvain may have to wait until another time~

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, it seems a lot of us are having this issue. I'm getting a lot of pitybreakers too and I've seen others say the same has happened for them. Could this banner be bugged?

No, it's called bad luck~

You're not guarenteed any particular unit on any particular Banner~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...