FE5 Weapon Reversal

Ultimage

Hello everyone! Today I would like to present you my first Fire Emblem hack: FE5 Weapon Reversal.

WRLeif.thumb.png.8cd2289f9ab1575f751722fe5927008d.png

Over the time I've grown more and more accustomed to editing smaller things in FE5, like character data, class data and the likes and decided to search for a bigger project to work on.
One day I heard of the discord user Scoop Poops doing some basic planning for a weapon reversal patch and then decided to pick it up and make it a reality. Over the last 4 months I've learned how to edit even more things like spell animations (it's a pain), map sprites to even writing my first custom ASM (which you can see in the picture above in the Arms Scroll). And here I am today... ready to release it.

This patch is based on the Lil' Manster patch and was made with Zanes tools (and yes I've got his permission to release this before anyone asks). The only changes you will see are purely gameplay based, I did not change any dialogue so don't expect any memes to pop up here and there.  

General changes:

Spoiler

- Generally each character got changed into a class they previously had weapon triangle disadvantage against

- Preferential weapons got changed to match the new classes
(some weapons that were previously locked to one character got changed to A rank)

- 2 slightly modified spell animations for the Darkcalibur and Dellingr, based on Grafcalibur and the Valkyria Staff

- A new map sprite for Leif: a helmetless soldier! (including idle, move and map combat animations)

- Added the "Arms Scroll", an item that increases all weapon levels of the user by 1, one is in Leifs inventory
and more are purchasable via the preparations armory

- A slight event change to Ch11 so Alfred doesn't instantly die to the ballistae

(- Modified the intro scenes to represent the changes of this patch... it's either "do all or nothing")

Changelog with new bases, growths and inventories (sorry in advance that you have to deal with this not exactly visually pleasing spreadsheet)

Download (Version 1.3) - You apply it the same was as the Lil' Manster or Project Exile patch; onto an unheadered japanese rom. (and don't try to apply both unit repositioning patches)

Changelog:

Spoiler

Version 1.1: 

- Changed Alfred’s weapon levels to B sword/ B Lance so he can actually use his Wind Sword
 - Fixed Ilios’ inventory (and with that hopefully fixed a glitch causing an allied generic arch knight to show up in Ch14)
 - Fixed Lara’s promotion causing the game to crash
 - Fixed issues with the Armored Bow name and the thief staff description
 - Fixed Mareeta’s scripted battle event in Ch15 (the event makes her shortly show up in the top left corner of the map but doesn’t break anything)
 - Fixed Augustus not being a sniper in Ch3
 - Added an optional patch to turn the Wrath skill into it’s FE4 version while including the wexp display in the base patch

Version 1.2: 

- Added an iron sword to the Ch8 armory so a weaponless Marty doesn't instantly run away
- Windstorm now has the brave effect
- Fixed a some descriptions of bows
- Fixed a house in Ch16A giving you a glitched item
- Edited the berserker movement type so Misha isn't stuck behind the river in Ch17A
- Buffed Roberts staff base since the 200% staff growth modifier didn't work

Version 1.3

- The Dáinsleif now gives Vantage instead of Wrath, like it should
- Fixed Wind and Grafcaliburs animations being swapped. Now Grafcalibur has the dark swoosh
- Dropped too much glue on the patch.... now all the stat increases during combat stay on screen

Asbel.thumb.png.959e9c8dae2e0f6e317882c78b1d87d4.png

If you find any glitches, wrong items in inventories, or other things you can join the Lil' Manster discord server and tell me all about it. I'm glad to help!

And keep in mind: The main focus with playing this is having fun 😄 

Many thanks to:

- the original Project Exile and Lil' Manster teams
- Miacis who supports me and gives me feedback to various things
- Zane Avernathy for letting me use his tools, his amazing QoL patches, and his general feedback and improvements to my Arms Scroll code
- Min who created patches for the crit display during combat and the unit repositioning during preps
- Robert of Normandy for the unit ordering patch

- and everyone else who supported me and made this become reality

Edited by Ultimage
Version 1.3 Update

12 minutes ago, Very epic FE gamer said:

Do you have any plans to release a version without the rom hack tools of Lil Manster?

Well the tools only make applying changes to the rom much easier and faster.
In theory I could make a patch without using them but the result would be the exact same as with using them. So I just end up saving myself headaches and a lot of time.

There’s an issue with Fred/Alfred. He joins with a C rank in swords but the Wind Sword he comes with is B. Had to use Asbel to rescue him if I didn’t want him being captured by the soldiers. Also the game crashed when I tried using Lara to talk to Pahn, I’d imagine it has something to do with her class and not being able to go from dracorider to dancer.

Time for an update! The version 1.1 update includes: 

- Changed Alfred's weapon levels to B sword/ B Lance so he can actually use his Wind Sword
- Fixed Ilios' inventory (and with that hopefully fixed a glitch causing an allied generic arch knight to show up in Ch14)
- Fixed Lara's promotion causing the game to crash
- Fixed issues with the Armored Bow name and the thief staff description
- Fixed Mareeta's scripted battle event in Ch15 (the event makes her shortly show up in the top left corner of the map but doesn't break anything)
- Fixed Augustus not being a sniper in Ch3
- Added an optional patch to turn the Wrath skill into it's FE4 version while including the wexp display in the base patch

Download

• 5 weeks later...

Version 1.2 update!

- Added an iron sword to the Ch8 armory so a weaponless Marty doesn't instantly run away
- Windstorm now has the brave effect
- Fixed a some descriptions of bows
- Fixed a house in Ch16A giving you a glitched item
- Edited the berserker movement type so Misha isn't stuck behind the river in Ch17A
- Buffed Roberts staff base since the 200% staff growth modifier didn't work

Download

(Hopefully) last update with the Version 1.3:

- The Dáinsleif now gives Vantage instead of Wrath, like it should
- Fixed Wind and Grafcaliburs animations being swapped. Now Grafcalibur has the dark swoosh
- Dropped too much glue on the patch.... now all the stat increases during combat stay on screen

Download

Asbel.thumb.png.21e187c058d40363d1fad43db6d7ea26.png

Edited by Ultimage
Forgot the download link