Fates Reverse Recruitment

ltranc

It's been 3000 years since my last post here.  

So yeah, I made Reverse Recruitment patches for the three different Fates routes.

• Corrin is not changed because their absence at Chapter 6 will crash the game. The swaps start at Felicia and Jakob.
  • A character's permanent join-time is considered their join-time. Gunter's Chapter 15 join is what his CQ swap is based on, rather than his Chapter 2 join.  Felicia and Jakob's Chapter 6 join is what their BR swap is based on, rather than their Chapter 2 join.  Rinkah's Chapter 9 join is what her Rev swap is based on, rather than her Chapter 5 join.
  • Royals' replacements gain Dragon Blood, royals that replace non-royals lose Dragon Blood.
  • Prfs are given to the replacement unit rather than the original unit
  • Promotions are meant to "line up." Dark Knight is the "secondary" promotion of Dark Mage, so Leo's replacement is in their class line's "secondary" promotion, also suggested by Exca.  
  • Cutscene dialogue is changed for the funnies, currently only in CQ but the other routes are being worked on.
  • Characters' descriptions are based on the original unit. Can be used to identify units without using the changelog.
  • Characters that leave upon choosing Conquest/Birthright are not changed in their specific RRs.
  • Children aren't changed but they’re technically recruited in reverse order because of their father’s join-times shifting.
  • Characters with variable join-time (Mozu, Flora, Izana, Yukimura, Fuga) are swapped based on the earliest they can join. So Mozu is between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8 units.
  • Chapters that make a character temporarily unusable (Elise in CQ Ch12 and Takumi in BR Ch16) will impact the replacement units.
  • Kaze's replacement will die in BR Ch15 if you don't get an A Support with them.  Scarlet's replacement will not die in Rev however, because I find that death to be extremely stupid.

DO NOT USE BRANCH OF FATE

Here is CQ RR.

Here is BR RR.  

Here is normal Rev RR.

Here is Rev RR with increased deployment slots for most maps after Chapter 9, because I hate having like 12 deployment slots at Chapter 18.

Here is Rev RR with stats based on DeathChaos25's Rev Unit Buff Patch, includes the increased deployment slots.

This is the changelog.  Has stats for all three routes.

This is the changelog for Rev RR that includes the buff patch.

Let me know of any errors you come across.

Edited by ltranc

This seems a lot of fun. Might try it out when I get a Fates rom, since I don't want to patch my 3DS version.

Does Shura replacing Elise mean you have to kill her for the boots? 😧

Edited by Nobody

3 hours ago, Nobody said:

This seems a lot of fun. Might try it out when I get a Fates rom, since I don't want to patch my 3DS version.

Does Shura replacing Elise mean you have to kill her for the boots? 😧

Indeed, though like in vanilla I'd advise taking the chad prepromote.

4 hours ago, ltranc said:

Indeed, though like in vanilla I'd advise taking the chad prepromote.

Ah, finally, some Shura appreciation.

I like how Gunter's growths are so low that de-leveling him seems to barely hurt his stats at all.

Always glad to see new ltranc patches, but I unfortunately am not of the 3DS emulation persuasion so I won't be able to try it out right now.

Do you have a repository of all your patches somewhere?