Old people.

I'm not saying this to be rude, I'm just surprised. being 24 every other fan website or channel I see, I'm usually the oldest. All those kids that are 16 to 19 and I'm just standing there like "how do you do fellow kids?"

Not in the Forest thought, you people are old and I actually love that about this place. its a lot more chill and a lot less "lol memes'. 

I wonder how this site will be in 20 years...

I'm guessing it's probably because a genre like tactical RPGs would typically appeal to an slightly older audience who is able to enjoy deeper stories and slower-paced games more than a younger audience would. Younger gamers, generally speaking, tend to like platformers, racing games, etc., or overall more accessible or easy-to-pick-up games. Or shooters, because those are fairly popular (I tend to dislike them myself).

Edited by twilitfalchion

Hello I'm 15 and like Fire Emblem since I was 13 and Strategy games since I was picking boogers onto my GBA :)

Also obligatory Ok Boomer

(but seriously though I understand what you mean but in reverse, for me usually I'm actually the youngest which is weird since there's a discord of 20 yr old or so dudes and I'm the 15 yr old that doesn't write like one)

Think people have other things to do after they get to their young adult stage in life. Usually people just leave these types of forums then.

not me, though

I'm actually nearly 30 and I've been considering getting back into the FE series. Though, I think part of the reason is that it's just the older we get, the slower our reflexes becomes which causes us to become more strategic with how we play. In turn cause us to prefer strategy games, or those like the Fire Emblem series.

Though, I feel like I may be rambling. xD

9 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Maybe the older folks had kids, some years passed, then those kids frequented the same forum, and the parents are like "well we can't be seen together" and dipped.

Come on, what SF user could possibly have internet-using age kids? I bet there aren't even two of them. Totally. Aight bet.

3 minutes ago, Insane_Gamer said:

I'm actually nearly 30 and I've been considering getting back into the FE series. Though, I think part of the reason is that it's just the older we get, the slower our reflexes becomes which causes us to become more strategic with how we play. In turn cause us to prefer strategy games, or those like the Fire Emblem series.

It might be more reasonable that trying to get into F-Zero.

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Come on, what SF user could possibly have internet-using age kids? I bet there aren't even two of them. Totally. Aight bet.

It might be more reasonable that trying to get into F-Zero.

I tried F-Zero when I was younger, on the SNES, but never liked it. Probably still wont.

17 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

What would be the age requirement there?

I remember there was a user here who posted their at-the-time four year old daughter's Conquest playthrough (naturally assisted). Depending how long ago that was, then maybe...

You got me at "even two", though.

Mid/late twenties here. I am a Boomer now. I am at the age where I start to forget how old I am without doing math.

Edited by XRay

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am at the age where I start to forget how old I am without doing math.

Hey, it works for people with sainted memories too. You know, those guys that can remember things that happened when they were seven more vividly than they can remember yesterday before seven.

Edited by Karimlan

I am almost 29, but I stopped caring about Bdays and age after I turned 21 and was considered an adult in every legal way in my state.  I have been playing FE since Sacred Stones came out and will keep playing FE because it is something I can play when I have time and leave alone for a while if RL is too busy for me to game.  I never have liked shooters that much to the sadness of my friend's kids, but that is the way life works.  I don't mind talking to kids or adults as long as it is about something we both find interesting, age is just a number.  

27 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Hey, it works for people with sainted memories too. You know, those guys that can remember things that happened when they were seven more vividly than they can remember yesterday before seven.

I can remember things that happened when I was four years old but I can't remember what I had for breakfast the other day.

5 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

for me usually I'm actually the youngest

WEAK! I BE THE YOUNGEST HERE!

2 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Oh? Easy, you're 13 are you not?

13 + 1

Fear me.

Edited by Benice

1 hour ago, Karimlan said:

I am not sure I remember a lot of stuff vividly around that age. Memory gets kind of blurry. I can remember key details and some key moments for few seconds clearly, but other than that, everything else is fuzzy. I remember watching the World Trade Center falling on television while eating dinner, but I do not remember the news host's face or what I was eating. I was most likely eating rice at the time, but that is not saying much as an Asian.

i used to spend my entire day on SF a few years ago

nowadays i spend my entire day on a forum that is 10 times worse 0:

for real, i like internet foruns a lot, don't imagine i'll be leaving them any time soon

It's kind of a crazy story, people usually don't believe me when I say this

Basically

I ate whenever hungry
I slept whenever tired

And boom here I am!

I feel like it should be clarified I was 14 when I joined

and now I'm 27

I think a significant portion of the older people here were like me and were into this series years ago and are still into it now 😛

(though I'll admit I was getting bored and was on the verge of dropping interest in FE until FETH dropped)