Trying to run Radiant Dawn on a Dolphin Emulator

Trying to get Radiant Dawn to work on a Dolphin Emulator. I only get a black screen when trying to start the rom, And I have have idea why. Could anyone please help with this?

I can however get a 3DS emulator to work with a Awakening Rom. So I have no idea why Dolphin isn't working.

Edit: I hope this question is okay to ask here. I was not entirely certain. If asking this is against forum rules, please delete this.

Edited by Darkmoon6789

I think that with Dolphin, you have to open up the ROM by opening up the emulator and opening the ROM rather than dragging the ROM onto Dolphin-At least that's what worked for me. I'm definitely not the most tech-savvy person around, though.

Well, have you made sure that the problem stems does not stem from the ROM? If not try setting a Rom directory and making sure that other games work on that Dolphin config. If that doesn't work then find another Rom if possible of .wbfs and see if that works if not you can just play around with your settings. Good luck being able to find the truest of beauty hidden within this game (You will see in due time).

11 hours ago, Nephenee's_Thighs said:

Well, have you made sure that the problem stems does not stem from the ROM? If not try setting a Rom directory and making sure that other games work on that Dolphin config. If that doesn't work then find another Rom if possible of .wbfs and see if that works if not you can just play around with your settings. Good luck being able to find the truest of beauty hidden within this game (You will see in due time).

I am uncertain, but could there be a connection between the rom being  a NKIT ISO instead of a regular ISO and the game not working? In most cases, the roms aren't detected at all as I think the file type is wrong.  

1 hour ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

am uncertain, but could there be a connection between the rom being  a NKIT ISO instead of a regular ISO and the game not working? In most cases, the roms aren't detected at all as I think the file type is wrong.  

No NKt Iso's should work just fine, they just remove all the unused disc space from ISO's. They work normally and my personal rom is an NKT ISO so this is not the issue. Sometimes th e problem stems from Dolphin so you should jsut try maybe deleting all dolphin files and doing a clean install or finding a .wbs version of the game (You can easily find one). Fe10 Roms can be quite janky as it failed miserably when I tried to download it on a friend's desktop yet worked perfectly on his laptop whom he just downloaded dolphin on. So just play with your dolphin settings.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 8:16 PM, Nephenee's_Thighs said:

No NKt Iso's should work just fine, they just remove all the unused disc space from ISO's. They work normally and my personal rom is an NKT ISO so this is not the issue. Sometimes th e problem stems from Dolphin so you should jsut try maybe deleting all dolphin files and doing a clean install or finding a .wbs version of the game (You can easily find one). Fe10 Roms can be quite janky as it failed miserably when I tried to download it on a friend's desktop yet worked perfectly on his laptop whom he just downloaded dolphin on. So just play with your dolphin settings.

Thanks, the wbs version worked. Only issue is quite bad audio distortion, but that seems related to performance issues

• 1 month later...

To resurrect this thread a lil bit.  I'm also having the same troubles as the OP.

I've tried looking for a WBS version of the game and either i'm stupid and can't find it, or somehow in the month since this was figured out they got removed.

I would prefer not to have to clean install my dolphin because I'm nearly done with Path of Radiance and would really like to convert my save over.  Unless I can somehow save my progress?  I know that Dolphin can see the game, just not sure how to proceed from here.

Capture.PNG

• 2 months later...
On 8/22/2020 at 6:19 PM, JacketFarm said:

To resurrect this thread a lil bit.  I'm also having the same troubles as the OP.

I've tried looking for a WBS version of the game and either i'm stupid and can't find it, or somehow in the month since this was figured out they got removed.

I would prefer not to have to clean install my dolphin because I'm nearly done with Path of Radiance and would really like to convert my save over.  Unless I can somehow save my progress?  I know that Dolphin can see the game, just not sure how to proceed from here.

Capture.PNG

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm having the same problem and trying to find a another more compatible rom in the wbs format seems impossible (not saying it doesn't exist, just sayin I personally haven't found one)

Alright so I figured out that if you have your Wii rom in the nkit format, you need to download nkit 1.4 + GameCube/Wii because nkit is a way of formatting .iso files so they take up less space. Use nkit to reconvert the nkit.iso file into just an iso file and then it should work like any other wii rom (there is a tutorial on YouTube on how to use nkit if you're looking for that as well.). Sorry if this might've been hard to read, I'm new to all of this Wii rom emulating business so I have little knowledge of the terms you guys usually use around here but a little searching on the internet didn't hurt nobody. If you're looking for the Radiant Dawn roms, Vimms Lair is a good place to download it and it's where I got mine. They have the rom in nkit.iso, iso, and wbm format so feel free to go to them (for as long as their up).

Also for those looking on how to use the Radiant Dawn Randomizer, the creator has a reddit post with a link to his discord where people can report bugs and suggest other ideas for future updates. On the FAQ page in the discord there is a link to a tutorial that will show you how to use the randomizer (or I guess you could also just look it up on YouTube)

Edited by Rec