New Event Calendar: July-August 2020

Othin

Echv1VtU8AAz7Tt?format=png&name=900x900

Back to having a seasonal in early August, like in 2018. Hopefully that's just moving the dancer banner and means September will have two normal New Heroes banners like it did that year, so we don't lose any.

Skill banners are Moonbow and Rouse. Rouse's candidates are regular Edelgard, regular Mareeta, Perceval, Ferdinand, Dark Corrin M, and Dark Lyon. I'm guessing it's Edelgard, Mareeta, and Ferdinand, since the last two are very recent and Perceval already had a recent skill banner rerun. Ferdinand is a demote, but he hasn't been rerun yet and it's around the right time.

Edited by Othin

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I think this thread was posted first? Well, whatever the case, I guess we're getting another banner full of refreshers in that August special heroes one. I don't think I'll care much about it, I'm not sure who would be on it that I'd care enough about to pull for.

All I care about right now is that New Heroes banner hopefully being Tellius. Give me Kieran, Marcia, or the other Greil Mercs!

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...I think this thread was posted first? Well, whatever the case, I guess we're getting another banner full of refreshers in that August special heroes one. I don't think I'll care much about it, I'm not sure who would be on it that I'd care enough about to pull for.

All I care about right now is that New Heroes banner hopefully being Tellius. Give me Kieran, Marcia, or the other Greil Mercs!

Yeah, it looks like it was a tiny bit earlier.

I'm hoping the dancer banner has some new TMS characters. Don't really know or care who it'd be, but that game could use more support.

And yeah, agreed about hoping for Tellius.

If that Special Heroes banner in August really is the dancer banner...Dancer Brom now, IS?

For the New Heroes banner, I...honestly dunno what to think. It is VERY close to the one year anniversary of Three Houses, but Tellius hasn't had a New Heroes banner in a long time. It'll be one of those, probably.

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

For the New Heroes banner, I...honestly dunno what to think. It is VERY close to the one year anniversary of Three Houses, but Tellius hasn't had a New Heroes banner in a long time. It'll be one of those, probably.

Did you forget that we literally have a TH banner going on right now that just started yesterday? Or that CYL4 which should be at the end of August will feature all TH characters as well? That's definitely enough of that game for a little while. And this is coming from someone who still wants regular Sylvain and Ingrid.

I HIGHLY doubt this banner is TH. Tellius is the only logical thing to me.

Edited by Anacybele

Free units/summons (not including weekly revivals):
7/10: Cormag GHB rerun; New Power banner (Sheena, Celica, FCorrin)
7/11: Forging Bonds rerun; rerun banner (Tethys, Duo Ephraim, Gerik, Ewan)
7/13: Summer 2019 Part 2 rerun (Lyn, Lilina, Ursula, Wolt)
7/16: Moonbow banner
7/20: New Heroes banner; Forging Bonds
7/21: New GHB
7/23: Summer 2018 Part 2 rerun (Takumi, Linde, Camilla, YTiki)
7/25: Rouse banner
7/29: Summer 2017 Part 2 rerun (FCorrin, Xander, Elise, Leo)
7.30: Mythic Heroes banner
8/3: Tiki+Nagi BHB banner (Probably Nagi, YTiki, and Fallen YTiki)
8/4: Three Heroes quests
8/7: Special Heroes banner
8/8: Tempest Trials
8/10: New Power banner
8/11: Forsyth+Python BHB banner (Lukas is probably the 3rd unit)

Hmm... so 2 weeks on Summer Lyn's rerun, eh? Wonder how many Orbs I can gather up by 7/26.

Is Tap Battle gone forever?

Anyway, nothing too crazy. The Special Heroes banner is interesting... what if it’s not a dancer banner and it’s something new entirely? I’m curious to find out...

Glad that CYL will be in the second half of August. I will need all the extra time to save up for my spark!

Moonbow banner... Lysithea?

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Did you forget that we literally have a TH banner going on right now that just started yesterday? Or that CYL4 which should be at the end of August will feature all TH characters as well? That's definitely enough of that game for a little while. And this is coming from someone who still wants regular Sylvain and Ingrid.

I forgot nothing, no need to be rude and condescending.

I would be surprised if that August seasonal wasn't a dancer banner. We really don't need THREE swimsuit banners a month, and I can't think of any other holiday around this time that couldn't be lumped into a dancer banner.

As for the New Banner, I wouldn't be surprised if it's 3H ... as I said in the general thread the other day. Tellius would be good, although it'd have to have Tormod or Marcia or Stefan for me to really care. I'm saving for August's legendary banner.

Interesting that we are getting two new Bound Hero Battles next month. Probably not likely but wouldn't it be funny if Sothis was the third unit on the Tiki and Nagi banner though she is more likely to appear on a banner that isn't being shown on this calendar.

Otherwise there's nothing really interesting for me since there is only one New Heroes banner surrounded by a bunch of seasonal banners and even then I kind of hope the focus for the New Heroes banner is something I don't care much about like Tellius or Jugdral. Going to try to resist the urge to go for the forty summons for a free unit off the rerun banner since I don't really need Duo Ephraim or anyone else from that banner. Trying to rebuild the orb storage so I'm ready for when Archanea gets a new banner. Maybe I will even dip into CYL4 depending on how interesting the units up being or if they have any interesting fodder.

I wonder if they will do anything for the 3.5 year anniversary like they did for previous years like free orbs and rerun banners in August.

So with the New Heroes banner starting on the 20th, what are the odds that the units will be revealed before the Desert Mercenaries re-run ends on the 18th I wonder. That will make a huge impact on how I decide to spend my orbs.

I'm happy enough with the early August banner being a seasonal because it essentially means I'll still be fine if I enter the month with zero orbs. By extension that means I still could potentially spark both Desert Mercenaries and the late July banner, then CYL. Alternatively I could just spark one of them and make a late play at Byleth+Rhea. Neither of those would be serious options if I had to save for a potential good early August banner.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Yeah, it looks like it was a tiny bit earlier.

Yep - you beat me by literally a few seconds!  We posted on the same minute.  I was caught off-guard because I didn't think the calendar would arrive for like 3 more days since the previous one hadn't run out yet.

48 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Hmm... so 2 weeks on Summer Lyn's rerun, eh? Wonder how many Orbs I can gather up by 7/26.

Not including orbs from this TT currently running, probably somewhere in the 120s, at least if I projected everything right in my orb/banner spreadsheet (you can view here).

I wonder what this special heroes banner is going to be....  There probably will be something coming for the half-anniversary like last year, I reckon.

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

So with the New Heroes banner starting on the 20th, what are the odds that the units will be revealed before the Desert Mercenaries re-run ends on the 18th I wonder. That will make a huge impact on how I decide to spend my orbs.

It's likely they will reveal the trailer for the new banner on the 17th on Friday since they usually don't do anything on Saturdays. Otherwise they will have to reveal the trailer on the 19th on Sunday but Desert Mercenaries will already be over by then.

Amazing, only need to worry about Nohrian Summer~ I may actually reach 1,000 by CYL~ Thank Sothis they're having another TT before it~ That also probably means an FB for CYL which means tickets~

If the New Heroes Banner is 3H, I hope there's no Blue Lions on it~ Though I suspect Ashe and Dedue will be demotes, as it is, so I'm not too worried about being tempted. It's also possible the Dancers could be 3H instead and they do some Heron Cup shenanigans but I don't know who they could put on there to tempt me~

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I doubt CYL has any effect honestly. They plan these banners out months in advance. We likely would have gotten this TH Summer banner regardless if TH dominated CYL or not.

Looks like a new heroes banner is coming in 11 days. But what I'm really excited for are the new special heroes next month! 😄 (I prefer new special heroes to new heroes. "New heroes" are the guys we already know. Special heroes give an opportunity to get to know them better by seeing them in new circumstances.)

3 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Please let this month's banner be Tellius with Jill on it X(

god i hope not, i'm spendong all my orbs for rhea and dorothea

anyway, i wonder what that early august special heroes banner might be

Sword Arts quests? That's a very low-key way of announcing a crossover with a Light Novel series about people doing things in the virtual world and generally being kinda meh in quality. Why would we just get quests any-

Ooooooh, you mean sword as in the UNIT TYPE, not the Light Novel/Anime series with an at-the-time interesting premise that very quickly became not interesting...

Edited by Xenomata

July: a hard time, an orb hunting time.

Spoiler

Three revivals in 5 days huh? I'm not complaining. Tiki and Nagi are also a BHB, hopefully it won't be just a Dragon effectiveness slaughter.

As for banner, Desert Mercenaries returns (Oh fuck. I kinda wanna pull. Same with Lyn on the first summer banner revival). The first new banner since the calendar is Heroes with Moonbow (), as for new heroes I just don't bother guessing anymore, then we have Rouse skills (Atk/Spd still isn't a thing, so as for others we've got Edelgard, Mareeta (Atk/Def), FelLyon (Atk/Res), Ferdinand and M!Anancorrin (Spd/Def) and Perceval (Def/Res). I'd predict a fell unit (Please not Lyon), Edelgard and Perceval as Mareeta was in the gauntlet), the mythic banner (If it's Anankos my orbs are safe. However, Colourless looks damm good.), then Tiki and Nagi BHB (So, surprise Naga? Probably not but Fane!Tiki would be a pull). After that are the next Special banner (Probably not CYL based on last time) and BHB (FORSYTH AND PYTHON? so one good pull already, as for the other: we could have Mathilda, one of the villagers but its probably Lukas.)

I was really hoping that they'd have the decency to balance the double special heroes with two New Heroes. 

But who am I kidding? This game called Fire Emblem Heroes clearly doesn't exist to add new Fire Emblem Heroes. That's just an obligation that they have to begrudgingly fulfill alongside their real dream of releasing a FE swimsuit catalogue called Veronica's Secret.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

11 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I was really hoping that they'd have the decency to balance the double special heroes with two New Heroes. 

Um, why exactly would they? Rerun banners never have any bearing on the schedule for releasing new unit banners.