New Event Calendar: July-August 2020

Othin

2 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

I'd be surprised if it was based on the White Heron Cup with how early in the year it is now, that's in December. It's more likely it'll be another summer festival akin to the 2018 banner. That and I really don't want another 3H dominated seasonal right after we just got one and on the heels of them owning CYL4.

The dancer banner has never been in December

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

This, basically. Since the Heron Cup isn't necessarily winter or December related, it's not a stretch to assume that they'd just completely ignore that and release the dancer banner in August/September like they always have. Either that or we're getting a dancer banner in April - the only other month when there's not a holiday, bridal, or summer banner going on - and it'd be pretty unlikely for IS to do that. 

16 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

I'd be surprised if it was based on the White Heron Cup with how early in the year it is now, that's in December. It's more likely it'll be another summer festival akin to the 2018 banner. That and I really don't want another 3H dominated seasonal right after we just got one and on the heels of them owning CYL4.

Again, that's the main reason why I'm not entirely sure if we're getting the Heron Cup in August, since that would be three 3H banners back to back. Given, IS had no way of knowing 3H would sweep CYL 4 (but honestly, they must have guessed), and they thought that one banner in July and one in August would be fine. 

4 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

I know, but featuring an event that occurs at the end of autumn on a banner in the middle of summer would be an odd choice. If the banner was in October or even late September then I'd buy it as a possibility.

4 hours ago, X-Naut said:

I know, but featuring an event that occurs at the end of autumn on a banner in the middle of summer would be an odd choice. If the banner was in October or even late September then I'd buy it as a possibility.

Just as a question, why is dancing not possible in the end of the summer? Because it seems totally feasable to me.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

Just as a question, why is dancing not possible in the end of the summer? Because it seems totally feasable to me.

It's not an issue with dancing in general, just the White Heron Cup specifically.

Well so far for the dancing banner we’ve had:

performance stage dancing

Festival dancing

ballroom dancing

I wonder what theme is next. Maybe tribal dancing?

2 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Remember that one chapter really late in Golden Deers? Why not meme with its questionable music (so I'm told) and dress up some 3H characters to move to those beats?

14 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Festival dancing

ballroom dancing

Country-style hoedown and tap dancing are other possibilities.

17 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Festival dancing

ballroom dancing

There’s also ballet 🩰, flamenco 💃🏼, and step 🍀 dancing!

And of course there’s hula 🌴 dancing. 

Edited by Liliesgrace

14 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

There’s also ballet 🩰, flamenco 💃🏼, and step 🍀 dancing!

And of course there’s hula 🌴 dancing. 

Welp, I guess Ferdinand and all the other nobles are bringing out their pink tutus and ballet slippers, then. 

On a more serious note, it'd be cool to see each dancer representing a unique style, like Petra doing some kind of tribal dancing, Leonie doing a traditional dance from her village (Nephenee was a wasted opportunity), and Felix doing the awkward two-step shuffle from my 7th grade Valentine's Day dance.

I hope the next seasonal banner doesn't have anything that interest me... I am kinda expecting a new Harmonized Hero as well.

11 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

They could still do it with Brom or Meg!

More Tellius seasonals would be lovely.

9 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Please no. We just got several and with no normal versions in way over a year. Tellius needs a regular new heroes banner first.

23 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I hope the next seasonal banner doesn't have anything that interest me... I am kinda expecting a new Harmonized Hero as well.

I wouldn’t mind this at all either, if it’s like how Rhys was implemented, or Rafiel. They still look similar to their normal versions from the main games but have a distinct look that does set them apart and makes them in tune with their season. 

More tellius alts pls!

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Please no. We just got several and with no normal versions in way over a year. Tellius needs a regular new heroes banner first.

Oh yes, we need a Kieran seasonal alt his first apperance in Heroes! (I'm teasing you, I am not serious about it).

Edited by Nym

50 minutes ago, Nym said:

Oh yes, we need a Kieran seasonal att his first apperance in Heroes! (I'm teasing you, I am not serious about it).

I mean, I'd be glad to have him in the game at all, just as I am with Sylvain despite him debuting as a summer unit, but I still want their regular versions too, so we have them in the normal pool as well. That way, I won't be as pressured to get all the copies I need to +10 them quickly. They can come gradually. Especially if they're both also demotes. Which is possible given that Kieran isn't super popular and Sylvain's summer version is a demote already.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I mean, I'd be glad to have him in the game at all, just as I am with Sylvain despite him debuting as a summer unit, but I still want their regular versions too, so we have them in the normal pool as well. That way, I won't be as pressured to get all the copies I need to +10 them quickly. They can come gradually. Especially if they're both also demotes. Which is possible given that Kieran isn't super popular and Sylvain's summer version is a demote already.

Funny enough, we kinda lack in axe cavs at the moment. His inclusion or anyone else being an axe cav wouldn't hurt anybody.

6 minutes ago, Nym said:

Funny enough, we kinda lack in axe cavs at the moment. His inclusion or anyone else being an axe cav wouldn't hurt anybody.

Yeah, that too. It still shocks me that IS is letting the game go SO long without adding more axe cavalry to the regular pool when one very good one is sitting there waiting to be added! Just give us Kieran, IS!!

Between Kieran and Lex, there's two axe cavs I hope will get added eventually, both of whom are not super popular but do have enough popularity and relevance to reasonably hope for, while also both being plausible demote candidates, which would be quite good for me because I want easy access to them and I want more options for easy-to-merge axe cavs in general.

Although what I want even more than another axe cav demote is a red tome cav demote. Azelle is a reasonable candidate for that and he'd likely be added alongside Lex, so I'd prefer that scenario to Lex being a demote.

I definitely agree that we desperately need more summonable axe cavaliers like Lex and Kieran. I also feel like Ferdinand should've been an axe cav instead of a lance cav (even if it meant him color sharing with Annette), cuz we all knew he wouldn't have the Spear of Assal anyway since Seteth would mostly likely have that

An accessible axe cavalry with a statline suitable for Galeforce shenanigans is my number one most wanted unit type in the game at the moment, yeah. Besides that and the red horse mage, I'm still also hoping for a more accessible (demote or GHB) sword flier suitable for Firesweep use - a TT unit like Summer Fiora is far to expensive for a project like this. Sitting on just over 3k grails at the moment but can't bring myself to use them on Titania when I could almost pick any two GHB units for not much more.

17 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

I also feel like Ferdinand should've been an axe cav instead of a lance cav (even if it meant him color sharing with Annette), cuz we all knew he wouldn't have the Spear of Assal anyway since Seteth would mostly likely have that

Exactly. Literally changing Ferdinand to an axe cavalry and keeping the rest of his kit the same (changing Vanguard+ to Rearguard+, of course) would have made him so much more interesting. I built a Ferdinand, because demote, but I can't use him on a team just because I already have too many lance cavalry units.

I've never played a Tellius game, but seeing everyone's frustration for not having any Tellius non-seasonal in months is getting me worked up too. And the only character I know from Tellius is Ike. (don't kill me, please, it was a joke)

Just realized there’s kinda been a pattern with the dancing/performance banners. First one was Awakening/Fates, second was Fates/Tellius, and third was Tellius/Jugdral. If that pattern continues we’re looking at Jugdral/new game rep for this next one. 

Altea, Fodlan, Elibe, Valentina, and Magvel are the worlds without dancing banner representation so I wonder if one of them will be included or if the pattern will even hold? 

On 7/22/2020 at 3:31 AM, Gregster101 said:

I definitely agree that we desperately need more summonable axe cavaliers like Lex and Kieran. I also feel like Ferdinand should've been an axe cav instead of a lance cav (even if it meant him color sharing with Annette), cuz we all knew he wouldn't have the Spear of Assal anyway since Seteth would mostly likely have that

I wounder if Lorenz won't be a better axe cavalry since house Gloucester has a legendary axe too.

4 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

Just realized there’s kinda been a pattern with the dancing/performance banners. First one was Awakening/Fates, second was Fates/Tellius, and third was Tellius/Jugdral. If that pattern continues we’re looking at Jugdral/new game rep for this next one. 

Altea, Fodlan, Elibe, Valentina, and Magvel are the worlds without dancing banner representation so I wonder if one of them will be included or if the pattern will even hold? 

The third wasn't quite Tellius/Jugdral. It had two FE5 units and one FE9 unit, but also two FE2 units. In addition, Jugdral seasonals seem rare enough that I wouldn't expect the next ones on the one seasonal type that's already had some.

Personally, I think TMS could be a good fit for a dancer banner.