July 2020 New Heroes Speculation

July 2020 New Heroes  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • Original
    • Multiple games/themed
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • Original
    • Multiple games/themed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/16/2020 at 05:10 PM

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

I've tended to save them as manuals just in case, but there are certainly a bunch I'm never likely to use. I've been thinking about at some point going through and sending home some 3* manuals for units I have like over 20 copies of, although there are some where I'd make exceptions from even that because their fodder is potentially relevant enough.

Well, that's also why I said unwanted and not all 3 stars period. Some still offer skills like Reposition or Draw Back that are useful.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just send all my unwanted 3 star units home and get feathers. Individually, they may not give a lot, but when I go on big summoning sprees, it adds up and helps me quite a bit! It's one reason I was able to +10 Sylvain as soon as I was and I'm so happy to get him there that quickly. He's so awesome. 🥰

Even so. Unwanted 4 stars are worth 300 feathers. Unwanted 3 stars are worth half that.

3 stars shouldn't exist.

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Even so. Unwanted 4 stars are worth 300 feathers. Unwanted 3 stars are worth half that.

3 stars shouldn't exist.

I'm less likely to send home 4 star units since they have more fodder though.

For the record, Fates is currently the second-most-recent game to get a game-specific New Heroes banner.

Adrift was worse than that, but I think they've learned that particular lesson.

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

Why? We already had a Fates banner back in April. Tellius seems more likely

If I've learned anything in Heroes, it's that their banner choices will often find new and exciting ways to disappoint me. I wouldn't even be surprised if it was another Fates banner after just how bad that last Awakening one was.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

22 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

If I've learned anything in Heroes, it's that their banner choices will often find new and exciting ways to disappoint me. I wouldn't even be surprised if it was another Fates banner after just how bad that last Awakening one was.

Touche. I wouldn't want another Fates banner so soon anyway just cuz of the possibility of them adding fucking Hans

3 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Why? We already had a Fates banner back in April. Tellius seems more likely

Because we often get bombarded with banners we shouldn't.

Edited by SSbardock84

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ugh, if Fates were to be it when Tellius is FAR overdue for a proper new banner, I'd be pissed.

It wouldn't be the first time they've done this

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I mean to be fair to awakening. They're starting to run out of characters there(still doesn't explain the lack of Severa after all this time but whatever) so it kinda makes sense they're just scraping the bottom of the barrel. We have enough characters for like what two or three more banners? I would suspect the next awakening banner to be just as barebones as that one.

I loved the Awakening banner selection, personally. Anna, and Say'ri, and Emmeryn were all quite popular requests, so they made sense, and Emmeryn and Gangrel are significant characters who made sense to add together. Mustafa was a bit random, I hadn't been expecting him at all, but I do like him as a character and it's fun having cool lower-profile characters make surprise appearances from time to time too. He also fits in particularly well with this lineup, with both Emmeryn and Gangrel being there.

Personally, my dream lineup had been Anna, Emmeryn, Miriel, Vaike, and Gangrel, but I don't mind how it turned out. It seems like they've been trying to divide Awakening's cast into sections, with its first banner being parents, the second being kids, and the third being "irregular" characters that don't fit into either group. (Anna, Say'ri, Emmeryn, and Gangrel can all be Morgan's parents, but they can't pair with anyone except Robin.) So they could circle back to parents next, for most or all of the remaining Shepherds, or they could start mixing between the groups now that they're starting to run so low on candidates.

Fates also doesn't have a lot of options left, I believe. Tellius, meanwhile, is missing a ton of its cast, even if you don't include the most minor of playable characters and NPCs. It is true that Tellius also has a larger cast as well, but even if you only talk about one of the two games, there are still a lot of notable missing characters right now.

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I wouldn't even be surprised if it was another Fates banner after just how bad that last Awakening one was.

I don't understand why the last Awakening banner was bad. It is because the characters weren't the main members of the Shepherd?

They'll have my worthless, of course permission to stop making Fates banners after they give me Caeldori and free Charlotte from alt only hell (she's only been there for more than 3 years now).

I highly doubt this one will be Fates, though. Instead, I'll bank on anything that isn't Tellius since that's what most people here want Three Houses because I'm thinking that they'll go big on the TH content for its first anniversary plus the inevitable salt that follows will also be fun.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Fates also doesn't have a lot of options left, I believe. Tellius, meanwhile, is missing a ton of its cast, even if you don't include the most minor of playable characters and NPCs. It is true that Tellius also has a larger cast as well, but even if you only talk about one of the two games, there are still a lot of notable missing characters right now.

Unlike Awakening, Fates actually has a decent number left, because its roster is so big. Most of the remaining Fates characters are pretty low-profile, though, while Tellius is still missing a bunch of popular/significant characters.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Unlike Awakening, Fates actually has a decent number left, because its roster is so big. Most of the remaining Fates characters are pretty low-profile, though, while Tellius is still missing a bunch of popular/significant characters.

That's basically my point, yeah. I know Fates still has more left than Awakening.

Well, the games that haven't gotten a banner in Book IV are...

• Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem
  • Shadows of Valentia
  • Sacred Stones
  • Path of Radiance
  • Radiant Dawn

So I'm willing to bet it's from one of these. Who knows? With five chapters left, they might all get one.

Not sure why people are thinking the next banner is Fates when we just got one back in April so I'm not expecting Fates to get another new heroes banner until next year. But I will say I'm expecting the next Fates banner to be Conquest focused with characters like Nyx, Dwyer and maybe even Charlotte and Benny on it.

As for the last Awakening banner, I thought it was a good banner (though a banner with Anna on it is automatically a 10/10 banner for me). I predicted it was a going to be Gen 1 banner and they delivered. It focused on the climax of the Plegian arc and gave us important characters such as Emmeryn and Gangrel and tossed in a darkhorse boss in Mustafa and a character you can recruit around that time with Anna. Really the only odd one out was Say'ri (but she was one of the most requested character from Awakening not yet in the game) and Mirabilis (for obvious reasons). I predict next years Awakening banner will be the rest of the gen 2 units with Validar as our GHB unit.

1 hour ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Well, the games that haven't gotten a banner in Book IV are...

• Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem
  • Shadows of Valentia
  • Sacred Stones
  • Path of Radiance
  • Radiant Dawn

So I'm willing to bet it's from one of these. Who knows? With five chapters left, they might all get one.

While we can't rule that out, that'd mean taking a while to get to FE4 Gen 1 or another proper 3H banner. We got FE4 Gen 2 recently, but the last FE4 Gen 1 banner was all the way back in Book 2, and we didn't get any Jugdral banners in Book 3. 3H is also still way behind due to its late start, and I'm guessing they'll want it to do more catching up soon than just seasonals.

Looking over the games absent from Book 4 so far, FE9/10 always need attention, and FE1/3 have a decent amount of noteworthy omissions too, but FE2 and FE8 seem to be in a pretty solid position right now. I'm also not sure they're likely to put two Tellius banners in quick succession again, although I certainly wish they would. So I think that gives room for FE4 and 3H to fit in.

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

Not sure why people are thinking the next banner is Fates when we just got one back in April so I'm not expecting Fates to get another new heroes banner until next year. But I will say I'm expecting the next Fates banner to be Conquest focused with characters like Nyx, Dwyer and maybe even Charlotte and Benny on it.

As for the last Awakening banner, I thought it was a good banner (though a banner with Anna on it is automatically a 10/10 banner for me). I predicted it was a going to be Gen 1 banner and they delivered. It focused on the climax of the Plegian arc and gave us important characters such as Emmeryn and Gangrel and tossed in a darkhorse boss in Mustafa and a character you can recruit around that time with Anna. Really the only odd one out was Say'ri (but she was one of the most requested character from Awakening not yet in the game) and Mirabilis (for obvious reasons). I predict next years Awakening banner will be the rest of the gen 2 units with Validar as our GHB unit.

>Validar as the GHB

🤢

2 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

>Validar as the GHB

🤢

I know you don't like him but he's pretty much the only major Awakening villian left to add at this point besides maybe Yen'fey and Say'ri kind of already took his weapon for herself. Plus if the next Awakening banner is Gen 2 characters Validar makes sense due to his connection to Grima.

I assumed the Fates suggestion was a bit of tongue-in-cheek doom-and-gloom by positing the "worst" perceived outcome. As someone who has no strong feelings about Tellius one way or another, I don't see any reason why they'd purposely avoid it, so I have no reason to change my expectations. (Happy to compromise though and have a Tellius banner except with Jill replaced by Hans)

Looking at the "most wanted characters still missing" lists (I'm using this one), the well for Fates is completely dry really. But then I didn't expect Awakening to be even drier with not even a single 1k+ vote getter remaining. Of the other old FE games I've played, being 2, 7 and 8, I see no essentials that would push me to want any of them in particular to get a banner. Then in terms of name recognition for me across all the other games, there's not a whole lot going on either, so in the end I'm pretty neutral on all the choices.

All in all, I feel pretty vindicated in my opinion that if FEH never introduces another actual new hero before it shuts down, that it ultimately wouldn't matter much - I'm happy with the existing level of representation of each and every title. So in terms of next week's banner, happy for them to surprise me with whatever.

30 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I know you don't like him but he's pretty much the only major Awakening villian left to add at this point besides maybe Yen'fey and Say'ri kind of already took his weapon for herself. Plus if the next Awakening banner is Gen 2 characters Validar makes sense due to his connection to Grima.

Nah, they can still skirt around Validar and add like Cervantes I'd mention Excellus but I'm pretty sure he is even more reviled than Validar is instead since Mustafa opened the door for lesser villains. And honestly, I'd be OK with that since we already have enough red tome (especially infantry) GHBs but very few armored ones.

Though, if the next banner is entirely Gen 2 then Future Past!Morgan (either gender) could make for a more interesting GHB than Validar.