July 2020 New Heroes Speculation

July 2020 New Heroes  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • Original
    • Multiple games/themed
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • Original
    • Multiple games/themed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/16/2020 at 05:10 PM

40 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I know you don't like him but he's pretty much the only major Awakening villian left to add at this point besides maybe Yen'fey and Say'ri kind of already took his weapon for herself. Plus if the next Awakening banner is Gen 2 characters Validar makes sense due to his connection to Grima.

Didn't stop Travant from getting in without his weapon. Also Tybrosion said, they can still skirt around him with characters like Cervantes

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'd mention Excellus but I'm pretty sure he is even more reviled than Validar is

Honestly I forgot Excellus even existed until you mentioned him. All I remember about him is him sharing Marth's OVA voice actor, and that should tell you something.

41 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

(Happy to compromise though and have a Tellius banner except with Jill replaced by Hans)

Do you have a death wish?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I'm seriously disappointed (well, as disappointed as I get about a game when my aunt is getting divorced, my sister is having a breakdown, and a lot of other little things are going wrong). Tellius has gone an insanely long time without a new heroes banner. The seasonals are great and all, but they don't really give me long term projects since they are limited time.

Good for the people who were wanting the missing Archanea characters, at least! I guess we might see Tellius in... September?

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, they can still skirt around Validar and add like Cervantes I'd mention Excellus but I'm pretty sure he is even more reviled than Validar is instead since Mustafa opened the door for lesser villains. And honestly, I'd be OK with that since we already have enough red tome (especially infantry) GHBs but very few armored ones.

Though, if the next banner is entirely Gen 2 then Future Past!Morgan (either gender) could make for a more interesting GHB than Validar.

Eh, maybe but I feel like Mustafa got in because people actually like him for an Awakening boss. I don't think anyone cares for Cervantes outside of memes about his mustache. Future Past Morgan would be interesting though I don't know if they would actually do it.

43 minutes ago, Venmi said:

I guess we might see Tellius in... September?

Yep. Big fuck you to Tellius fans. August is taken up by another refresher banner and CYL4.

IS doesn't care anymore. They clearly don't plan to add anymore Tellius characters except through a seasonal alt or normal alt here and there. I think I might just enjoy my +10 Sylvain for a bit and quit this game. Not many modes in it are very fun anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yep. Big fuck you to Tellius fans. August is taken up by another refresher banner and CYL4.

IS doesn't care anymore. They clearly don't plan to add anymore Tellius characters except through a seasonal alt or normal alt here and there. I think I might just enjoy my +10 Sylvain for a bit and quit this game.

Y’know this is exactly how I felt when the awakening kids banner launched last year. I really was a fuckin ocean wasn’t I

You're seriously overreacting.

Yeah, it's frustrating to not see Tellius anymore, but they can't ignore it forever. You'll get characters from Tellius in the game eventually. Just not as soon as you may like, but eventually.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

You're seriously overreacting.

Yeah, it's frustrating to not see Tellius anymore, but they can't ignore it forever. You'll get characters from Tellius in the game eventually. Just not as soon as you may like, but eventually.

Exactly, it's frustrating. Very frustrating. That's all.

Then don't respond in a misleading way. The main point is your overreaction, not that Tellius getting skipped over is frustrating.

Besides, in a gacha like FE where we have so many characters not in the game and no guarantee of who's getting in when ... maybe instead of bemoaning how Tellius is not the next banner you should take comfort in the fact that your beloved Sylvain was released on the previous banner and you already got him to +10? Especially so when there are people here who haven't had a banner or character they wanted for a lot longer?

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Then don't respond in a misleading way. The main point is your overreaction, not that Tellius getting skipped over is frustrating.

Besides, in a gacha like FE where we have so many characters not in the game and no guarantee of who's getting in when ... maybe instead of bemoaning how Tellius is not the next banner you should take comfort in the fact that your beloved Sylvain was released on the previous banner and you already got him to +10? Especially so when there are people here who haven't had a banner or character they wanted for a lot longer?

On overreacting, okay, fair enough, I suppose.

But just because I got Sylvain recently doesn't mean I can't be disappointed with this banner as someone who's also been waiting forever for proper new Tellius characters.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

On overreacting, okay, fair enough, I suppose.

But just because I got Sylvain recently doesn't mean I can't be disappointed with this banner as someone who's also been waiting forever for proper new Tellius characters.

You're allowed to be disappointed, and I'm not saying that you aren't allowed to be. But you'll never be happy playing this game if you can't take pleasure in the little things. It's not so much "well, I got Sylvain so I shouldn't be disappointed that this banner isn't Tellius" but more "it sucks that this banner isn't Tellius, it would've sucked more if I didn't get Sylvain in the summer though," if that makes sense.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

You're allowed to be disappointed, and I'm not saying that you aren't allowed to be. But you'll never be happy playing this game if you can't take pleasure in the little things. It's not so much "well, I got Sylvain so I shouldn't be disappointed that this banner isn't Tellius" but more "it sucks that this banner isn't Tellius, it would've sucked more if I didn't get Sylvain in the summer though," if that makes sense.

That does make more sense, I admit.

Well, since I won't lose anything by doing a free pull, I'll see if I can free pull blue. At the very least, I can fodder a free female Kris to Sylvain for Fury 4. I'd think about giving him that new B skill of hers too, but since the icon looks similar to Wrath, I'm betting it's restricted to melee infantry/armor. 😕

42 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Sigh. I just can't anymore. I wanted Tellius and I got Kris. And just to rub salt in the wound, we got yet another generic staff demote. Because we don't have enough of them.

Fuck this game.

Actually, to be specific, we got Kris twice and we also got Eremiya as the GHB who is a staff user. 😉

22 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Actually, to be specific, we got Kris twice and we also got Eremiya as the GHB who is a staff user. 😉

Rrrrrrrraaaaaghhhhhhhh!!!!!!

*Flips table, spilling IS's next year of Heroes plans all over the floor, revealing 3 Fates banners, 2 Awakening banners, and a Tokyo Mirage Sessions pinup book, yours for only 3 easy payments of 19.95 in orbs. Also, New Heroes banners have been reduced from monthly to quarterly, to make room for 8 new seasonal themes.*

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

If not for the early August banner being a seasonal with associated TT, I'd have expected Jill to be this year's Sigrun on the CYL banner.

Wouldn't complain about double TTs in August mind you.