[FE7] Seize not working?

OdysseyNeptune

I've been working on my FE1/FE11 Hybrid Remake hack, and I've noticed that it's impossible to Seize during Chapter 1. I had already noticed this and left it intentionally like that in the Demo I published, but I can't seem to fix this bug.

Well, it's probably some weird result of where the event for seizing or whatever it's called is. Have you made maps where you have to seize before? If not you should probably look for a youtube guide on how to do it (MarkyJoe's being the best), or go to FEU and ask how to do it.

Just now, This boi uses Nino said:

Well, it's probably some weird result of where the event for seizing or whatever it's called is. Have you made maps where you have to seize before? If not you should probably look for a youtube guide on how to do it (MarkyJoe's being the best), or go to FEU and ask how to do it.

I never made a map with Seize as an objective (To be fair, I guess I never really finished a map), so I'm not sure of what I did wrong. Thanks for the advice though! I'll look for a guide.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

What type of tile is the event set to and what is the event pointed to? Also, did you properly set the coordinates?

I set the Seize event to a Gate and set the coordinates properly. The event has completion flag 0x03 (Seize flag) and I set the event to a Dummy 0x1 (as it's specified in FEBuilder)

On 7/10/2020 at 10:52 PM, OdysseyNeptune said:

I set the Seize event to a Gate and set the coordinates properly. The event has completion flag 0x03 (Seize flag) and I set the event to a Dummy 0x1 (as it's specified in FEBuilder)

Very late reply, but could I see the event?

34 minutes ago, OdysseyNeptune said:

Yes, it is.

Then you need to use a patch to change who can seize during which chapters. As it is, only Lyns character slot can seize from chapters 1-10

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Then you need to use a patch to change who can seize during which chapters. As it is, only Lyns character slot can seize from chapters 1-10

I used the patch to edit who can seize Lyn's chapters, and changed it to Marth (Eliwood), but it didn't work.

Why exactly are you hacking FE7? These days, FE8 is the game of choice for most hackers. 

(I haven't touched FE7 in forever; don't ask me about how to fix seizing. I vaguely remember there being a switch to Eliwood mode patch somewhere...)

1 minute ago, Darrman said:

Why exactly are you hacking FE7? These days, FE8 is the game of choice for most hackers. 

(I haven't touched FE7 in forever; don't ask me about how to fix seizing. I vaguely remember there being a switch to Eliwood mode patch somewhere...)

I don't like FE8 (I mean, I don't like it as much as FE7) and I'm not interested in skills. I'm remaking a mix of FE1 and FE11, so skills are not something I would need.

45 minutes ago, OdysseyNeptune said:

I don't like FE8 (I mean, I don't like it as much as FE7) and I'm not interested in skills. I'm remaking a mix of FE1 and FE11, so skills are not something I would need.

But skills aren't really in FE8-both sure shot and great shield are so insignificant that it doesn't matter. As stated above, FE8 is a lot easier to hack and will likely be more convenient for you.

(Plus IIRC FE11 has a str-mag split and a str-mag split is included in the skill patch so you can actually just manually take skills off of every single unit and class so that generals and snipers no longer have great shield/sure shot.)

Edited by Benice

Just now, Benice said:

But skills aren't really in FE8-both sure shot and great shield are so insignificant that it doesn't matter. As stated above, FE8 is a lot easier to hack and will likely be more convenient for you.

I don't want to redo all my progress, and still, even if the skills are insignificant, they're still there.
EDIT: If I do the planned sequel to my hack (which will be a remake of FE3 and FE12), I might use FE8 for that.

Edited by OdysseyNeptune

1 minute ago, OdysseyNeptune said:

I don't want to redo all my progress, and still, even if the skills are insignificant, they're still there.
EDIT: If I do the planned sequel to my hack (which will be a remake of FE3 and FE12), I might use FE8 for that.

Apologies for editing too late, but I believe that using an fe8-exclusive patch you can remove great shield and sure shot and implement a str/mag split, which FE11 uses-and brancuing promotions could work as a reclass system.

Akso, how far have you gotten in this hack? You can export maps from your old hack and import them into a new one if tht's what you're most concerned about. There has just been generally more work done to FE8-it may be a wise choice to shift gears now to make it easier on you later because FE7's got weird stuff going on in the hard coding.

Still, good luck on your hack regardless of what you do next!

Just now, Benice said:

Apologies for editing too late, but I believe that using an fe8-exclusive patch you can remove great shield and sure shot and implement a str/mag split, which FE11 uses-and brancuing promotions could work as a reclass system.

Akso, how far have you gotten in this hack? You can export maps from your old hack and import them into a new one if tht's what you're most concerned about. There has just been generally more work done to FE8-it may be a wise choice to shift gears now to make it easier on you later because FE7's got weird stuff going on in the hard coding.

Still, good luck on your hack regardless of what you do next!

In terms of gameplay, the game is designed to be as accurate as possible to FE1, with its bases and growths, but uses music, maps, dialogue and (in the future) graphics from FE11. If I ever do one that is based on FE11, I'll use FE8 for the reclass and str/mag split.

I haven't gotten that far; I've got the first two prologues finished, part of the third, and chapter 1.