Katara x Zuko should've happened

Meanwhile, I just sit by shaking my head while having shipped Jetara (Jet and Katara) and Sokka/Suki and had to face an even worse outcome for both...

Spoiler

Jet died during the story. On screen. Legend of Korra basically pretends Suki never even existed.

Good thing I wasn't THAT huge a fanatic of the franchise! I just rather casually liked it. Mostly just liked Sokka and later Bolin. lol

58 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I haven't actually watched the show but would their kid be a steambender? Lol. This is sarcasm, they'd have a firebender or a waterbender.

Well, considering canon, either or with a chance of none.

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, this topic also shows up here, huh.

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/zutara_vs_kataang.png

An ever lasting conflict...

If only they didn't put it on netflix the shipping war could have stayed dead. Let the ships stay sunk.

Honestly, I think it wouldn't have worked out. I mean, it was never the intent of the people behind the show and I doubt that some of the actions Zuko had taken in earlier episodes would have been as easy to forget in the context of a relationship or would have been handled the way there were if that was how it was going to go. But the actual relationships could've been handled better to be fair. Also the comics do more with the characters, so that's nice.

(As someone who watched it after it ran, but years back. It is a good show by the way).

Short answer: no.

I have seen Avatar: the Last Airbender multiple times, it is one of my favourite shows, and I do not understand the Zuko x Katara ship at all. Katara hates the Fire Nation for most of the show, and by the time her mind is able to distinguish Zuko from his nation, she has other reasons to dislike him; namely his betrayal that resulted in Aang ending up on death's door. Even after Zuko became a good guy, she didn't trust him until after he helped her track down her mom's killer, which happened near the end of the series. What time is their in all that for a romance that would make any sense?

Aang and Katara makes far more sense; they have an interesting and mutually supportive dynamic built on trust and respect. They deeply care about and care for each other, and it's shown in every episode. I'm not going to argue to argue that their canon romance was amazing writing, but it made sense. I understand why they like each other romantically, and it works. 

Edited by vanguard333

53 minutes ago, Solvaij said:

Honestly they're all 16 or younger, it's silly for any of them to be in relationships during the show imo 😕

To be fair, they're on a journey together to end a hundred-year-long war. "Life is short" is probably something that they're thinking about. Plus, Aang and Katara only really get together at the end of the show. 

14 hours ago, Solvaij said:

Honestly they're all 16 or younger, it's silly for any of them to be in relationships during the show imo 😕

Silly for anyone to care so much about what fictional characters bang in my view.

zuko and katara was such an interesting and complicated dynamic and i loved it and i was disappointed in in the decision for the basic 'i guess the main guy and main girl gotta be together' 

i'm really, really not a fan of the katara/aang decision since it's like ... she's like his mom ... all the time ... i'm extremely not into the 'he acts like the most annoying kid in the 7th grade class and she acts like his caretaker, but she romantically loves him somehow' thing i struggle to comprehend how that worked

Edited by Specta

On 7/12/2020 at 11:55 AM, Specta said:

zuko and katara was such an interesting and complicated dynamic and i loved it and i was disappointed in in the decision for the basic 'i guess the main guy and main girl gotta be together' 

i'm really, really not a fan of the katara/aang decision since it's like ... she's like his mom ... all the time ... i'm extremely not into the 'he acts like the most annoying kid in the 7th grade class and she acts like his caretaker, but she romantically loves him somehow' thing i struggle to comprehend how that worked

woah it's like you actually get it

1593607738384.png

On 7/14/2020 at 12:30 AM, ZemZem said:

zuko was way too good for katata

46 minutes ago, Crime and Punishment said:

whoa take it easy man.mp4

what, zuko's the best character in the entire show by a landslide and katara's pretty good at best

therefore he's too good for her

1 hour ago, ZemZem said:

what, zuko's the best character in the entire show by a landslide and katara's pretty good at best

That's a strange way of spelling Azula.

36 minutes ago, Jotari said:
1 hour ago, ZemZem said:

That's a strange way of spelling Iroh.

2 hours ago, whase said:
2 hours ago, Jotari said:
4 hours ago, ZemZem said:

That's the correct way of spelling Iroh.

On 7/11/2020 at 10:31 PM, Crime and Punishment said:

Don't tell me they weren't made for each other.

Katara and Aang have been written with them ultimately starting a relationship in mind, so technically, they have been made for each other.

On 7/12/2020 at 1:55 AM, Solvaij said:

Frankly, I always thought that you could just make every single character in Atla two years older without changing anything else about them. Azula and her friends subordinates are fourteen, ffs.

2 hours ago, whase said:

That’s the only correct answer.

While I was anything but a shipper at the time, I can say now, having rewatched the series, Zuko and Katara both had a maturity that Aang lacked. They understood each other’s emotional depths far more than Aang’s nomadic ideals allowed for. I think they were the better fit, honestly.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

That’s the only correct answer.

While I was anything but a shipper at the time, I can say now, having rewatched the series, Zuko and Katara both had a maturity that Aang lacked. They understood each other’s emotional depths far more than Aang’s nomadic ideals allowed for. I think they were the better fit, honestly.

I also would have accepted Toph as a spelling.

24 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So the big question. Who will we ship Iroh with?

Tea

Or if you want to ship him with an actual person, the ticket lady at the ferry from Ba Sing Se.