Need some help with .tpl files

AnonymousCrab

Hello, I'm pretty new to editing/exploring the files of games and mainly wanted to get acces to the fonts used in fe10(though I'm also pretty interested in getting some other assets) . After some messing around I managed to decompress the .cms files of the fonts into .tpl files but that's where I've hit a roadblock. All the tools people in old fe threads used for .tpl files either do nothing, give an error message or the links to those programs are expired. I've tried to use some tools the mario kart wii community uses like CTools tpl editor, wiimms tools and Brawlbox but none of them seem to work with my files either.

Does anyone have any tips for me?

7 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

You can either edit data using a hex editor or find the nightmare modules for FE10, or use HeartlessSephs new editor. 

As far as I'm aware, you can use those to edit things like growths, skills and such right?

I'm just trying to extract the fonts, some images and possibly some models. Can you use the tools you mentioned to do that too?

47 minutes ago, AnonymousCrab said:

As far as I'm aware, you can use those to edit things like growths, skills and such right?

I'm just trying to extract the fonts, some images and possibly some models. Can you use the tools you mentioned to do that too?

Ohhh, then no, you can't. Sorry for the confusion, I thought you meant general modding.