List the daftest thing you've ever done in A Pokemon Game

James Marshall

How about we each list the daftest thing you've ever done in A Pokemon Game?. Mine happened less then 10 minutes ago. Here's mine

Playing Sword, saved then seconds later encountered A Shiny Wooper, caught it, it had its Hidden Ability as well as A Best Rank each in Hp, Attack and Speed, A Good Rank in both Defence and Special Defence and A Very Good Rank in Special Attack and fearing that it was due to some sort of bug or glitch reloaded the game. Daft or what?

As a 9-year-old playing Pokemon Blue, I figured that once I got a Master Ball I could buy them in stores, so I used it on a random Machoke in Victory Road. That was also the playthrough where I beat all 3 legendary birds instead of catching them, not knowing that it was a 1 shot deal.

>Be me.

>Tries out multiplayer on Sun because the game can't complete with my overleveled team.

> Starts match.

>Realizes that I didn't bring my steamrollers and my team has an rookie or two on it.

>Knows that I'm not completely fucked over because I know how to swag my way through worse.

>Rearranges teams and puts on lucky pair of socks.

>Fighting starts and we start dancing.

>Starts off with firery poison lizard and starts burning and infecting people.

>PUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRIFFFFFFFFYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

>Finds out opponent hates being cleansed by fire.

.>Sends out Dragon critter that I trained in Mortal Kombat moves.

>I take three of his and he takes two of mines.

>Such is life.

>He sends out Zapdos because one of my critters is weak to electric.

>ArtThouFuckinMeOver?.tapestry

>I grow brain and switch to an some kind of dirt critter to mock him.

>EIGHT  PAINFUL TURNS OF AGONIZING MOCKERY!!!

>Bird is dead

>Match is halfway over

>Trainees are dead.

>Opponent sends out legendary psychic Sinnoh critter to wipe out my dirt critter.

>AllShitHereWeGoAgain.scroll.

>Sends out Ghost Owl-like critter.

>Mocks opponent by spamming spooky ghost arrows and spiritual shit

>Legendary moon critter dies from shock.

>Wins screaming contest by steamrolling like an boss.

>What kind of trainer am I?

>The worst kind.

>Swears off on playing online.

Edited by Armchair General

I was like 7 or 8 years old. A friend of mine who was older than me and very tech savvy downloads an emulator in my school computer and a Pokémon Yellow rom (as I had asked him to do so). I got my starter Pikachu, then I went to Route 1, extremely excited because I wanted to catch Missingno., as it was the only pokemon I knew of. Boom, a wild Pidgey appears. I was like "What the fuck? What is this thing? Where is my Missingno?". I beat it and find a Rattata. "Why can't I find Missingno???????", then my older brother told me Missingno is a glitch and can't be found like that. I would still play that game though. I recall having a level 80 Pikachu with Thunder, Barrier/Reflect, Slam and another move whilst fighting the Elite Four.

Playing Pokemon Leafgreen and I didn´t know at that time, that in order to proceed into Viridian Forest you had to get that one item from the supermarket.

So I went to Route 22 and trained my Charmander until I ended up with a Lvl ~60 Charizard and then just looked up where to go on the internet.

• 3 months later...

I don't know that it was dumb necessarily, but I went into a mirage island not knowing about the legendaries, and wasted my master on a Cresselia but I am not disappointed with it, move or stat wise ^_^ 

Daft? I don't think one can get dafter than when one was a complete noob.

...when I first started playing in Soulsilver, I must have been 12 at the time, I didn't realize I could switch pokemon around, so by the time I reached the Elite Four I had four far weaker pokemon, one Lugia, and one pretty good Meganium.