What class is the ideal carrier of Opera company volunteers/blue lion dancers?

I can't say. Given that Blue Lion Dancers requires A authority, I'd probably find myself giving it to someone who's good in authority (like Byleth).

It'd have to be class that doesn't see a lot of combat, as it initially has a starting attack value of -5 Atk and Magic Atk, only growing to 0 Atk and M Atk at max level. It shouldn't be put on a Dancer either, considering that the gambit can be used to refresh them as well.

What I like to do is grab a unit with a Authority Boon that I'm not using (Annette, Ignatz, Lysithea, or Seteth) and just stick them into Cavalier and have them brought to maps exclusively to use that Gambit. Might seem like a waste, but that Dance of the Goddess is so much of a gamechanger that it can go so far as to one turn some of the final maps.

The battalion works on dancers as well, so you can get 3 dances in 1 turn if you play your cards right. I'd recommend putting them on a utility unit other than dancer, like a thief class.

I don't know about class, but I wouldn't put it on someone with an especially high Charm stat, since they're better off using offensive gambits (whose effectiveness, unlike that of support gambits, depends on Charm). So I would say someone I'm using who I don't necessarily need for combat; who has good Authority, but not necessarily Charm; and who is in a decent-movement class. TBH though I haven't had much chance to abuse either batallion yet.

Ignatz seems like an ideal choice to me. He has the strength in authority, doesn't have high charm for offensive gambits, and generally doesn't have high damage output so it isn't as if you're ruining a good combat unit by giving him a batallion with bad stats. He also has the ability to offer support when he isn't dancing in the form of rallies, ward arrow and break shot. As for class: anything with a horse. Bow knight seems like it would probably be the ideal choice for Ignatz, but getting him there takes some work. Valkyrie Annette might be another good choice.

12 hours ago, Barren said:

You could do Yuri as well with his relic. He has a boon in authority so I can imagine that he can reach Rank A pretty quickly

Yuri has Windsweep so you'd probably want him attacking in situations when you'd use Dance of the Goddess (fighting bosses in endgame chapters). He also has banes in riding and flying, so you'll struggle getting him a mount.

10 hours ago, Stones said:

Yuri has Windsweep so you'd probably want him attacking in situations when you'd use Dance of the Goddess (fighting bosses in endgame chapters). He also has banes in riding and flying, so you'll struggle getting him a mount.

That is  good point. I just think it depends how blessed he is with RNG in terms of strength and such. But you're right, him as an Assassin or Swordmaster with Windsweep allows him to inflict damage without a counterattack.