If the 4 villains were playable what would their skill crests and specials be?

I'm thinking these:

Gharnef:

Skill Crest: Renewal (HP slowly regenerates in battle)

Warrior Special: Holseti

Awakening Special: Imhullu (Also gains it's invulnerability effect while in Awakening Mode)

Validar:

Skill Crest: Grima's Protection (Defenses increases as your Health decreases in battle)

Warrior Special: Goetia

Awakening Special: Grima's Truth

Iago:

Skill Crest: Treachery (Enemies' Morale starts off low at the beginning of the battle)

Warrior Special: Fimbulvetr

Awakening Special: Ginnungagap

Darios:

Skill Crest: Rally (Allie's Morale starts off high at the beginning of the battle)

Warrior Special: Darios leaps into the air with his sword turning into a dark crucifix then slams it into the ground, cracking the ground with a big fissure and sending enemies flying.

Awakening Special: Darios channels Velezark's power and glows red then swings his sword tearing through all frontal enemies.

I don't understand why Gharnef's special would be Forseti. That's like Gonzales having a special that has him wielding the Aureola.

Anyway, the only skill I can think of is Iago having a skill that allows anyone to use staves, as a reference to the fact that he can use staves in Fates despite the fact that he's in a class that can't use them

5 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I don't understand why Gharnef's special would be Forseti. That's like Gonzales having a special that has him wielding the Aureola.

Seconding this. Why out of all magic, a wind spell that's not even in his games? (I'm not counting Awakening SpotPass shenanigans). There's only 4 characters that have the right to wield Forseti and Gharnef isn't one of them.

8 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Anyway, the only skill I can think of is Iago having a skill that allows anyone to use staves, as a reference to the fact that he can use staves in Fates despite the fact that he's in a class that can't use them

In at least one game Gharnef carried that tome and used it. It's a reference to that. At least I HEARD Gharnef used that tome in one game...

And hmmmm maybe. Could use Staff Savant for it.

Edited by Samurai Navarre

1 minute ago, Samurai Navarre said:

In at least one game Gharnef carried that tome and used it. It's a reference to that.

And hmmmm maybe. Could use Staff Savant for it.

I don't recall Gharnef ever using the Forseti in any of the Archanea games. And no, Awakening Spotpass does not count.

2 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

A skill like that would benefit Warriors for sure but Iago has a variant of the class designed exclusively for him in Fates.

As a way to make that skill more ideal specifically, I'd say to add like an extra 5% healing effect so it has some reason to be on units that already have staves like Lissa or Elise.

27 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

A skill like that would benefit Warriors for sure but Iago has a variant of the class designed exclusively for him in Fates.

As a way to make that skill more ideal specifically, I'd say to add like an extra 5% healing effect so it has some reason to be on units that already have staves like Lissa or Elise.

Then just give him a unique class name called Nohrian Tactician or something like that. Don't just give it the same name of a generic class that can't even use staves.

And yeah, that could work

I feel like it would be better if the Villains had different movesets (even in another update or something, they can still have another moveset; heck, enemy Wizzro and player Wizzro play by different rules in Hyrule Warriors). I had an idea of having Iago use a trap-based playstyle a la Wizzro or to a lesser extent Yuga; and Darios being like a playable Velezark (i.e. having attacks similar to ones that Velezark uses, but scaled down to fit a playable character rather than a boss). I don't really have much of an idea of what Gharnef's playstyle would be like, and imo Validar should be replaced with a different Awakening villain, like Gangrel or Walhart.

Honestly other than Gharnef, who I guess can stay cuz he is more or less the original main antagonist besides Medeus, they really should have picked different villains like Gangrel or Walhart for Awakening or literally any Fates character that isn't Iago. Having a villain lineup that consists of three sorcerer villains that are all clones of Robin and two of them being the biggest losers of their stories is just really deflating.

I haven't played Fates, but Iago imo was probably the best-used villain of the three - Validar was mainly in the story to re-tell some story beats from Awakening (which is fine but feels like a wasted opportunity), and Gharnef mainly appears in the story so you have someone to fight in the first World Tree. 

9 minutes ago, RomanFlour said:

I haven't played Fates, but Iago imo was probably the best-used villain of the three - Validar was mainly in the story to re-tell some story beats from Awakening (which is fine but feels like a wasted opportunity), and Gharnef mainly appears in the story so you have someone to fight in the first World Tree. 

I mean he still just shows up once and then just completely leaves from the narrative after his story chapter like the other two.