Personal Etiquette Rules?

jameslove001

Do you have any personal etiquette or emotional rules when playing certain maps? I didn't think about it until today when I made Veronica take out Sothe instead of using Micaiah. One of my rules is Micaiah and Sothe can never battle. The same with Ike and both Mist and Soren. I also do my best to keep anyone from attacking their respective house from Three Houses. Just curious if you carry over anything from the other games into this game like that.

On the flip side I also love using Tibarn to finish Naesala, I like using Eir to take out Hel. Anyway...what are your cross game rules?

If I'm not specifically fishing for arena score and just need wins (to get 5 for a demote week, or for VG flag quests, etc), I will surrender after losing any unit if I'm facing a team without a dancer. If they have a dancer though, I will fight to the death.

4 hours ago, Humanoid said:

If I'm not specifically fishing for arena score and just need wins (to get 5 for a demote week, or for VG flag quests, etc), I will surrender after losing any unit if I'm facing a team without a dancer. If they have a dancer though, I will fight to the death.

Yep. That too.

Also, I don't lightly give AR wins to anyone who pisses me off with Ophelia or Galeforce Tibarn & Naesala.

Ah, i think I usually blow through PvE enemy maps too quickly to try and go for specific unit usage / enemy avoidance, but I get what you mean.

When it comes to Arena and the whatnot, and I lose a unit, I won’t give the enemy team a win usually, unless I really love their team comp~

Anyone with two dancers on their Arena Defense team is not getting a win, no matter how many of my units I lose. Period. That's just scummy.

Also, if I have a choice, I like sending my unit from the same series as the opponents's, especially when it results in hilarious matchups, like Valentine Alm taking out Fallen Celica or Dimitri finishing Edelgard off.

I always feel awkward about taking out any students from Three Houses with Byleth. I also feel bad about using anyone to take out Ingrid, because she was my first S Rank on Three Houses.
Somehow, this discomfort excludes Sylvain and Lorenz...

On 7/16/2020 at 2:49 PM, Fabulously Olivier said:

Just one. Nowi must die twice. Kill, rewind, and kill again. One can never be too sure.

That's a good one.

6 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Somehow, this discomfort excludes Sylvain and Lorenz...

Understandable. Lorenz at least gets a bit better in his A Supports, but Sylvain...

Moving on, something I did before powercreep happened was always use Lilina to take out Hector if he showed up in AA. I admit it felt uncomfortable, but she was the only red nuke I had at the time and I headcanoned it as a "showing her dad how far she's come and demanding he let her spend time with Roy" thing. This stopped working once all the Hectors became Surtrs or worse...

Edited by DefyingFates

3 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

That's a good one.

Understandable. Lorenz at least gets a bit better in his A Supports, but Sylvain...

Moving on, something I did before powercreep happened was always use Lilina to take out Hector if he showed up in AA. I admit it felt uncomfortable, but she was the only red nuke I had at the time and I headcanoned it as a "showing her dad how far she's come and demanding he let her spend time with Roy" thing. This stopped working once all the Hectors became Surtrs or worse...

Lorenz actually means well. He's completely full of himself and shares Ferdinand's idealized image of nobility, but some of his supports show that he is interested in acting for the common good. His supports with Leonie are especially good (though I think his best pairing is actually Hilda).

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Lorenz actually means well. He's completely full of himself and shares Ferdinand's idealized image of nobility, but some of his supports show that he is interested in acting for the common good. His supports with Leonie are especially good (though I think his best pairing is actually Hilda).

Agreed. I think Ferdinand does the "misguided but well-meaning" thing better, but it's clear that Lorenz does care about the people around him. He's just...insufferable throughout his all of his C and B Supports.

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

That's a good one.

well the problem is Sylvain barely has A Supports - but the ones he does you see the growth. he gets better like everyone else - a lot of that is shown in a few B Supports though, especially Bernadetta's and Marianne's. 

as far as the question no not really. i just try to win. 

9 hours ago, daisy jane said:

well the problem is Sylvain barely has A Supports - but the ones he does you see the growth. he gets better like everyone else - a lot of that is shown in a few B Supports though, especially Bernadetta's and Marianne's.

At the risk of steering the conversation too far off track, I agree that Sylvain definitely has redeeming traits, for example the fact that he's the only person in Faerghus smart enough to figure out that Duscur couldn't have killed the king because they simply had no reason to (or the resources to do so). It's just that so much of his personality comes from his misogyny and the fact that he never apologises or tries to fix it* that gets me. Ultimately it's down to how you weigh his positive and negative traits against each other and for me the latter amounts to much, much more than the former. I agree that his Bernadetta Supports are sweet though...and probably the only female Support he has that isn't about him being a flirt.

* The only exception I can think of is his Goddess Tower scene with Byleth, but even then the only reason he regrets his lifestyle is because it's why she doesn't trust his current pick up lines. And even then, the literal next thing he says after "I won't do it anymore" is ask her out, so he clearly didn't mean it in the first place.

---

Back on topic, until I pulled HF!Micaiah I used Lyon against Surtr. Lyon's one of my all-time favourites, so it was nice to use him to take out the one unit pretty much everyone loathed at the time.

Edited by DefyingFates

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

At the risk of steering the conversation too far off track, I agree that Sylvain definitely has redeeming traits, for example the fact that he's the only person in Faerghus smart enough to figure out that Duscur couldn't have killed the king because they simply had no reason to (or the resources to do so). It's just that so much of his personality comes from his misogyny and the fact that he never apologises or tries to fix it* that gets me. Ultimately it's down to how you weigh his positive and negative traits against each other and for me the latter amounts to much, much more than the former. I agree that his Bernadetta Supports are sweet though...and probably the only female Support he has that isn't about him being a flirt.

* The only exception I can think of is his Goddess Tower scene with Byleth, but even then the only reason he regrets his lifestyle is because they're why she doesn't trust his current pick up lines. And even then, the literal next thing he says after "I won't do it anymore" is ask her out, so he clearly didn't mean it in the first place.

---

Back on topic, until I pulled HF!Micaiah I used Lyon against Surtr. Lyon's one of my all-time favourites, so it was nice to use him to take out the one unit pretty much everyone loathed at the time.

Using Xander to kill Surtr is really satisfying after those frankly ridiculous situations when the story turned Xander into the Worf of Heroes.

My [+Def, -HP] Hector was my first 5* and I could not bring myself to merge him. I think I will eventually merge him into my +Atk copy once I run out of space.

Other than, I do not care about using favorites nor have emotional attachments to anything.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

My [+Def, -HP] Hector was my first 5* and I could not bring myself to merge him. I think I will eventually merge him into my +Atk copy once I run out of space.

Other than, I do not care about using favorites nor have emotional attachments to anything.

Oh yeah, I still keep my 4* Arthur and 3* Lissa from early 2017. I think I merged my Felicia from the time into one with better IVs when she got her Prf though. I still feel kinda guilty about that. Oh, and my OG!Nino and Eirika until their very last merges were the first ones I got too, also way back in 2017.

I guess my survivor is my OG Niles. Yes, the Maria, Hawkeye and Lachesis were pulled as 5-stars (Cordelia is a promotion). I didn't have the best of times summoning useful units back when I started. The Olivia was the 2* Hero Battle one.

XE4gnWN.png

13 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

LOL I still have my free neutral Virion, Matthew (both leveled up 5*s now) and 4* Takumi. I don't ever plan on building them, so keeping them as is is like... a trophy of sorts. 

I sacrificed Takumi as soon as I had a unit who needed Close Counter. I'm not sorry.

Back when I was a new player (around a year ago), I tried to raise up Raigh because I actually thought he was good. Yeah... Also accidentally made a +3 4 Star Clair. I don't know what I was trying to do, either. Now I'm too nostalgic to fodder either of them.