Nanna and Diarmuid's "canon" father (Spoilers)

CustardPudding

So...this topic has been the subject of many controversies over the years, so I thought I'd go over it and see if I can crack the case...though I'm not just going to to be examining Beo and Finn, but everyone else as well to be fair. I'll be sorting it by people that could only have fathered Diarmuid (since he was likely born during the events of Gen 1 while Nanna was likely born in Leonster) , people that could have fathered both, and Finn and Beo get their own section because of them being the subject of this discussion the most. 

Only Diarmuid (died during Belhalla)/Unlikely: 

Sigurd/Quan: Unless they cheated on their wives, let's just assume it's not them. 

Alec/Naoise/Arden: They all get fried during Belhalla, so they could only father Diarmuid and not Nanna. Though, she does have a lover convo with Naoise. 

Holyn: Dies in Belhalla, so can only father Diarmuid. 

Gray Area (unknown if they died or not)/Both: 

Azelle: It's never confirmed whether he lives or dies in Belhalla, but if he did he could very well father both children if he followed Lachesis to Leonster, which I'm just going to assume happened because for all these other dads Nanna couldn't have been fathered otherwise. 

Lex: Apparently, he and Lachesis were a thing in the Natsu Fujimori manga, so it's somewhat plausible. Plus, they never confirmed whether he lived or died, so he could have fathered both. 

Midir/Jamke: Both are unconfirmed to have lived or died, so it's plausible. 

Dew: He has a lover convo with Lachesis which has some...er...implications, so it's plausible. 

Lewyn: He could have fathered both, but since Erinys is technically is canon spouse I'd say it's slightly unlikely. 

Claud: He could father both. 

Beo and Finn: 

Beo: So...this might be slightly long, so let's go.

Beo has two lover convos with Lachesis, the first which is normal and the second which is...slightly controversial. It has Beo say that he "knew about her true feelings all along" which many people have taken many different ways. Some think he means Finn and that Lachesis fell in love with him while still with Beo, while others think she means Eldigan or maybe just that she never really like Beo at all. I tend to lean towards Eldigan (We know Kaga, c'mon) and while I feel like Lachesis is over him by the time of this convo, it makes the most sense since Beo knew him and all. 

Diarmuid can also wield the Beo Sword in Tharcia 776, alongside Fergus, Beo's alleged bastard son. Diarmuid is also able to be fathered by Beo. 

However, Beo likely dies in the Battle of Belhalla, which means he likely cannot father Nanna. 

Finn: This one also will be slightly long...

Finn doesn't have any lover convos with Lachesis at all, but he was paired with Lachesis in the Oosawa manga. He also shares a parent convo with Nanna. 

Finn is so popular as Lachesis' husband since in Thracia 776, Nanna calls him "father" and is unable to wield the Beo sword like Diarmuid can, causing many to assume that Lachesis hooked up with Finn in Leonster. Though, I believe it was confirmed that she simply refers to him that way since he raised her as his own, not necessarily because he is her biological father. 

Finn's departure from your party is around the time Lachesis either got pregnant/gave birth to Diarmuid, so he could very well be his father as well as Nanna's. 

Beo and Finn are both Lachesis' partner: 

This theory is popular as well, since Diarmuid can wield the Beo sword while Nanna can't, Beo couldn't have fathered both of them, and Nanna calls Finn "father" and was likely born in Leonster, where Finn was located. 

I'd say this theory is plausible, since there are many factors that contribute to it. 

In conclusion: Since nobody has ever confirmed or denied these theories, we may never know. 

Or they may pull a 180 and tell us it's Arden and we've been wrong this whole time, who knows