New Heroes: Heroes, Light and Shadows

NSSKG151

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, it's finally to see Kris finally managed to appear in Fire Emblem Heroes with both male and female version. Also, I'm kinda surprised to see Julian and Lena are available as well. Also, I didn't expect Brittany Cox who voiced Ingrid from Three Houses manages voices Lena and as well as Felecia Angelle voices Female Kris since we gotten more FUNimation voice actors joining with Cup of Tea.

Edited by King Marth 64

Hm, I'm surprised they decided to make Lena the demote instead of making her busted. But in all seriousness, can we get some different staffs on our demoted units, seriously? So much Gravity+, which isn't even bad, but it's boring. I don't expect them to demote Melancholy+, but could we at least get Trilemma+? It's not even THAT good.

Also, Spurn. More damage reduction. This time side-creeping Wrath. Yay.

Now that we have the base versions of Robin, Corrin, Byleth, and Kris in the game, we're gonna have an avatar gauntlet someday. Just you wait.

JULIAN AND LENA! About fucking time these two were added. I honestly thought it was absolutely criminal that Julian and Lena weren't in the game at launch.

Also, I know some of you will probably find this odd but..I don't hate Kris. More specifically, I don't have an opinion on them one way or the other. I understand why people hate them, and I agree they're an unnecessary addition to a remake of a game that didn't originally have an Avatar, but compared to Corrin, they don't make me nearly as angry. Although that is a discussion for another time though.

Anyway, definitely try to get Julian and/or Lena in my free pulls, and then back to hoarding for Jill and/or Patty.

Absolute skip for me. Happy for Akaneia fans but Kris is probably my least favorite MC in the entire series. Will use free pull to try to get Lena but that's about it.

Also Eremiya is the Freebie according to the in-game notice.

8 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Nice, it's finally to see Kris finally managed to appear in Fire Emblem Heroes with both male and female version. Also, I'm kinda surprised to see Julian and Lena are available as well. Also, I didn't expect Brittany Cox who voiced Ingrid from Three Houses manages voices Lena and as well as Felecia Angelle voices Female Kris since we gotten more FUNimation voice actors joining with Cup of Tea.

We also got Ashe's VA (Shannon McKian) now voicing Julian as well. Pretty cool to see these newer actors getting more roles.

And Felecia Angelle was quite a surprise.

Edited by Sentinel07

I can't tell M Kris apart from Legendary Marth, so much so I thought it was yet another Marth alt. Thankfully not.

That said, there's not much that appeals to me on this banner. A new Lance Infantry is appreciated, sure, but y'know, there's that sparkable Duo Lance Infantry available on a banner right now too. I was drifting away from the idea of sparking for Ephraim over the last week but now I'm revisiting that idea once more.

Anyone care enough to try to convince me one way on another whether to spark for F Kris or Ephraim?

Well, since I have next to nothing nice to say about this banner (I at least like Julian and Lena enough) I'll just look on the bright side. I can safely use all the orbs from this banner / chapter to try and get Ingrid.

As for this banner's free pulls, it's going to only be colorless for me (I still need Forrest merges anyways).

I'm conflicted. This is like, almost the exact FE3 banner I wanted... but I wanted it in, like, October. Not now, when FE9 and FE4 Gen 1 are still waiting for their turn.

Julian and the Krises all look sweet, and I like how we're getting another one of the Hardy Bearing daggers in the regular summoning pool. I'll probably spark for Kris F. Lena's set is boring but I do like that I'll be able to get her easily.

Curious what Eremiya will be like, I never played far enough in FE12 to really know anything about her. Which also means she's the only one I don't care about, but I guess it's nice to round out the group.

Nyna's continued absence is odd. I wonder if she'll be a seasonal?

Happy for more Archanea but I was kind expecting it to come after CYL4. And Nyna is still missing, maybe next year will be her chance. Oh well, looks like a good banner regardless. Still I got 400 orbs and I am kind of tempted to get at least Julian and Lena since at least they both finally got added. Maybe I will also get one of either gender of Kris so I can sacrifice their Spurge to Anna.

Eremiya is our GHB unit. Maybe she will bring Meteor to the game.

@daisy jane I remember you saying once that you wished Close Foil was on more units and Julian has it as well now.

One day after the game's tenth anniversary*. This is honestly a wonderful tribute. Welcome Heroes, Heroines, and villain (Give us New Mystery).

*No, seriously!

98855109_NewMystery.PNG.7ca19b23d7cac379af2d4589779eca33.PNG

10 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

We also got Ashe's VA (Shannon McKain) now voicing Julian as well. Pretty cool to see these newer actors getting more roles.

And Felecia Angelle was quite a surprise.

Nice.

Also, funny thing about the Kris's. When I got Awakening, I just so happened to give my character that same name, so when I came across the item known as Kris's Confect, I thought it took the name of your avatar. This was naturally confusing when I got Fates and got the same item with the same name even though I named my character Corrin. It was only then, I found out about FE12's Kris's. I still like to HC it as my Kris's Confect though.

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

Oh wow, if Shannan McKian is voicing Julian, could we see Ashe next month for New Heroes - TH themed? How exciting!

Anyway, pretty cool banner and I’m excited for the GHB a bit more than usual! I will throw my tickets at colorless and Red.

I’m happy Julian and Lena are in, but couldn’t they have given her something more interesting? She has two associated staves to draw from. 

2 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Oh wow, if Shannan McKian is voicing Julian, could we see Ashe next month for New Heroes - TH themed? How exciting!

Anyway, pretty cool banner and I’m excited for the GHB a bit more than usual! I will throw my tickets at colorless and Red.

Since there's a seasonal next month, CYL is most likely the only New Heroes banner that month, meaning the next normal one should be September.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Nyna's continued absence is odd. I wonder if she'll be a seasonal?

I feel like Valentines and Bridal makes the most sense for a seasonal alt of her and those have already come and gone. Maybe Christmas? Though I still feel like she makes a good candidate to put on next years Fallen Heroes banner.

Edited by NSSKG151

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Since there's a seasonal next month, CYL is most likely the only New Heroes banner that month, meaning the next normal one should be September.

Oop, true! I completely forgot. Unless he is on the next seasonal... Heh, nah, I can see them holding onto certain voice clips for long periods of time. I know that Rafiel’s VA said he voiced him so many months prior to him getting released (he is the same VA as the Abyss gatekeeper).

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Also... FREYJA IS A BEAST UNIT?! I didn't expect that!!!

For all we know at this point, she might not actually be since there's clearly nightmare vision bullshit going on in that map (if there being three of her isn't enough of an indication).

2 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I feel like Valentines are Bridal makes the most sense for a seasonal alt of her and those have already come and gone. Maybe Christmas? Though I still feel like she makes a good candidate to put on next years Fallen Heroes banner.

Valentine's is gone for this year, but at least it's not as far as Fallen and Brides.

I think New Year's could work, maybe even dancers. I've been interested in Fallen Nyna as well, although I wouldn't want it to be her only version.

I like the Krises well enough, if only because they're busted units due to growth customization and Lena is one of my personal favorites due to how she carried me in Shadow Dragon (keep doing 0 dmg Gharnef while I slooooowly win the map, dumbass). That being said, this banner is a skip for me because Spy Tsubasa is a higher priority, but I welcome the chapter orbs. 

So anyways, for my not very helpful gameplay anaylisis of these new units:

M!Kris prf is something akin to Balmung only changing the +5 to unit to -5 to foe, but for practical purposes is the same thing. Strong, but nothing new. The new skill he (and his female counterpart) introduces is Spurn 3, a sidegrade to Wrath 3 with Dmg reduction instead of CD reduction and less True Dmg. I mean, it's an upgrade to Close Call/Repel because they this one doesn't screw with formations in the rare case you don't kill your foe unlike the other two, but that's not that much of an improvement to the point you'd feel compelled to replace them. Still, if you have the option go for this one instead of the other 2 dmg reduction skills. His A is bleh and Joint Drive Atk is really powerful. Wait for the stats to see if he'll give competition to Shannan. 

Julian will depend heavily on his stat spread to see use, because right now he looks like fodder to me. It's a bit regretful that he has the Close Foil+Lull Atk/Spd combo that I wanted to give to Norne...oh well. He'll need to outstat Leila offensively or go another route to carve a niche, because right now I'm not feeling him. 

Lena is a demote (I swear I'll +10 you! I'll just wait until you go down to 3*~4* to begin)

F!Kris is M!Kris but blue and with better fodder. The Rouse and Moonbow are whatever, but Fury 4 and Spurn 3 are pretty nice skills to have. Lance Infantry is rare so that gives F!Kris the edge, and she seems geared towards a more glass cannon route so we'll see. I can safely assume that she'll have higher Atk than Apotheosis Anna but lower Spd. We'll see. 

In any case, the banner is a pass for me, even though I don't hate it really. It's just that no character strikes me as a must-have.

Boy, I'm going to have a ton of orbs by September at this rate since I rarely pull in seasonals and on CYL I typically just take my free pick and run.