New Heroes: Heroes, Light and Shadows

NSSKG151

Tellius is never getting a proper banner again, I guess. Fuck you too, IS. A couple seasonals/alts and a GHB ARE NOT THE SAME THING.

I'm skipping. Spark or not.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though I wasn't a fan of New Mystery, the absence of both Krises were becoming pretty noticeable in FEH. Glad they're in. Also Eremiya as a GHB? Nice to see.

16 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Also... FREYJA IS A BEAST UNIT?! I didn't expect that!!!

I am assuming she will be a flier like the others, so it is nice to get 3 move flier Dancer/Singer. Hopefully she is much better than Leanne. Leanne has a premium price tag but her performance does not feel very premium.

19 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Happy for more Archanea but I was kind expecting it to come after CYL4. And Nyna is still missing, maybe next year will be her chance. Oh well, looks like a good banner regardless. Still I got 400 orbs and I am kind of tempted to get at least Julian and Lena since at least they both finally got added. Maybe I will also get one of either gender of Kris so I can sacrifice their Spurge to Anna.

Eremiya is our GHB unit. Maybe she will bring Meteor to the game.

@daisy jane I remember you saying once that you wished Close Foil was on more units and Julian has it as well now.

AND comes with a Lull, which basically means. this dude is healer food. 👏

Lena is pretty. if she's got a great stat line (for anything i wanna do), I've got Healer food for her.

all i see is when I see Kris "prepare yourself for "Heroes with Joint Drive". (anna and lilith. imma coming for you both!)

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am assuming she will be a flier like the others, so it is nice to get 3 move flier Dancer/Singer. Hopefully she is much better than Leanne. Leanne has a premium price tag but her performance does not feel very premium.

Not sure if she is a flier... I mean, she can be one, but she looks infantry to me. 

I literally had no idea a trailer dropped

KRRRIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSS, and they're drawn by Izuka, I'm hella bitter they put them in NOW of all times~ I'll definitely use my tickets on Reds and Blues an just have to wait until after CYL to get them

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Tellius is never getting a proper banner again, I guess. Fuck you too, IS. A couple seasonals/alts and a GHB ARE NOT THE SAME THING.

I'm skipping. Spark or not.

Tellius will get its turn. Pretty everyone forgot FE12 existed and who knows how long they had a banner, longer than Tellius for sure.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

... leanne has great res, can tank magic/staffies/dragons... hard to bait on defense.. what more do you need from her performance? 

4 minutes ago, Nym said:

Tellius will get its turn. Pretty everyone forgot FE12 existed and who knows how long they had a banner, longer than Tellius for sure.

Archanea still had a banner more recently than Tellius. And it's been three years since Path of Radiance had one.

IS just doesn't fucking care. They think we're satisfied by a little sprinkle of alts instead of real new characters when we're not.

I'm sorry to be so angry right now. But I'm just getting SO tired of waiting for a long overdue proper Tellius banner.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Archanea still had a banner more recently than Tellius. And it's been three years since Path of Radiance had one.

I mean if you are going to count FE11 and FE12 together, by that logic we also count PoR and Radiant Dawn together right? Same characters, just a bit older. Then it wasn't three years. 

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

IS just doesn't fucking care. They think we're satisfied by a little sprinkle of alts instead of real new characters when we're not.

Considering how big the Tellius cast is, very unlikely it will only be alts. Look at Awakening, Fates and Echoes whose casts are like 25% remaining, alts are more likely for them.

Edited by Nym

10 minutes ago, Nym said:

September 2019. Whereas the last Tellius banner was April 2019. Not three years, but longer than Archanea.

Edited by Baldrick

Just now, Baldrick said:

September 2019. Whereas the last Tellius banner was April 2019.

That is if you count FE11 and FE12 together.

Because September 2019 was a FE11 banner while this one is clearly FE12.

Just now, Nym said:

Phina is my favourite character from FE11.

Regardless, I do count them.

5 minutes ago, Nym said:

Considering how big the Tellius cast is, very unlikely it will only be alts.

So far this year though, this is exactly what it's been. Alts or seasonals. Ashnard is the only new Tellius character that is neither and he was a GHB. Fallen Ike is great, but he's still an alt. The seasonals are limited time and don't give any Tellius fans much of a project to look forward to working on. Especially if they're actually not the Tellius characters they want to see, which is probably the case for many. The most requested Tellius characters right now that aren't in the game are Jill and Shinon, both of which were far more desired than Rafiel or Rhys. And I actually like Rhys, admittedly. But I wanted to see him added with some other Tellius characters that aren't in yet.

I would count New Mystery and SD together, actually. RD is more different from PoR than NM is from SD, isn't it? New Mystery is a remake of a remake with a few extra things, I think.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Regardless, I do count them.

As I said to Ana, if you start counting those games together, you gonna need to count games like PoR and Tellius together. Because there's barely any difference between them, only a few new characters, the main cast is still there.

And I'm pretty sure that's what IS has been doing.

Edited by Nym

Apparently the 10th anniversary of New Mystery was yesterday so i think it's kinda cool that the game is giving them a banner. 

There are five more chapters to go and five title families to choose from. i'm pretty sure everyone will get their turn. 

I sorta like Julian, even though Archanea is lacking in the characterization department (where Julian does relatively okay), and this is a good "objective" move. He, Lena, Kris, and Eremiyah are all justifiable picks for the continent. Like Kris or not (I don't hate them, but I don't care for them either, my opinion on HoLaS is undefined), they are important to FE12 and the rise of the "avatar" unit. 

As for what remains in Archanea of value (leaving off Elice because of her duo cheerleading):

1. Nyna
  2. Medeus
  3. Gotoh
  4. Xane

And is this it? Even factoring in Awakening Enemy Pity General, there aren't any other Archanean NPC/villains worth adding- Lang and Jiol are weak. Some playables like Lorenz, Jake, and Arlen might stand a chance, but the story-important characters are almost exhausted. The non-Nyna females left are Marisha, Malice, Yumina, and Midia, the rest of the large cast is men, often of little and or generally dull character. One more banner, maybe two for Archanea realistically speaking? Who will be remiss at no Frost?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Kris AND other Kris? Talk about the bottom of the barrel. At least the original thief and cleric due were a pair people have been wanting from some time now. Still it would have been an incredibly easy skip for me. 

Also if Ashe's VA was already in the booth they could have made him record some Ashe stuff. 

1 minute ago, Nym said:

As I said to Ana, if you start counting those games together, you gonna need to count games like PoR and Tellius together. Because there's barely any difference between them, only a few new characters, the main cast is still there.

New Mystery is a remake though (as is the original Mystery of the Emblem). RD is not. From what I know, anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

In the end I'm kinda glad. I did a side by side comparison of the lance infantries and it ended up being a clearer win for Ephraim than I expected (I genuinely didn't really know much what he did outside the Duo button until very recently). F Kris vs Anna would have been a much closer race. Anyway, the theorycrafting people had been doing about the Tellius banner made it potentially sound more appealing this being an Archanea banner with all units being foot-locked made my decision significant easier so ...that's good for me I guess.

Commiserations to all who were looking forward to it on a character-driven basis.

4 minutes ago, Nym said:

Yeah the thing is, FEH itself does not make a distinction between the two Archanea games. Aside from Wrys, every character is labelled as being from [New] Mystery of the Emblem. Wrys is the only one with a Shadow Dragon label, and that's probably because he was entirely absent in Mystery of the Emblem.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

So far this year though, this is exactly what it's been. Alts or seasonals. Ashnard is the only new Tellius character that is neither and he was a GHB. Fallen Ike is great, but he's still an alt. The seasonals are limited time and don't give any Tellius fans much of a project to look forward to working on. Especially if they're actually not the Tellius characters they want to see, which is probably the case for many. The most requested Tellius characters right now that aren't in the game are Jill and Shinon, both of which were far more desired than Rafiel or Rhys. And I actually like Rhys, admittedly. But I wanted to see him added with some other Tellius characters that aren't in yet.

I know quarantine has been long and at all, but I think I need to remind you that there's still a few months in 2020. There's plenty of times to add characters from Tellius until 2021. I don't understand when you some of you freak out for no reasons. The longer they come, the less they will get powercreep later even if they are the demote.

Also IS won't always throw all the popular characters in banner. Look at poor Severa, she was voted high too. They save a few characters for future banners, you need some high premium juicy unit sometimes.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

New Mystery is a remake though (as is the original Mystery of the Emblem). RD is not. From what I know, anyway.

Yet they added quite a few characters. Also a remake pretty much override the game it remakes, so it's still a sequel like RD. In fact, Radiant Dawn is pretty much an excuse to make alts of the cast.

Yet not merging the two Tellius games when you merge the two Archenea games is kind of... hypocrite maybe? Especially since most of RD's unique characters are secret characters or dislike because they are the Dawn Brigade.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah the thing is, FEH itself does not make a distinction between the two Archanea games. Aside from Wrys, every character is labelled as being from [New] Mystery of the Emblem. Wrys is the only one with a Shadow Dragon label, and that's probably because he was entirely absent in Mystery of the Emblem.

I see, so they do merge them. I wonder if they merge the Tellius games, my guess is no but I could be wrong.

9 minutes ago, Nym said:

I do. The last Tellius NH banner was still further away than Norne’s banner.

9 minutes ago, Nym said:

Actually, they don’t. If you sort by entry in your barracks, they are divided into PoR (Ike icon) and RD (Micaiah icon). Whereas SD and MotE are combined (Marth icon)

1 minute ago, Nym said:

I know quarantine has been long and at all, but I think I need to remind you that there's still a few months in 2020. There's plenty of times to add characters from Tellius until 2021. I don't understand when you some of you freak out for no reasons. The longer they come, the less they will get powercreep later even if they are the demote.

Also IS won't always throw all the popular characters in banner. Look at poor Severa, she was voted high too. They save a few characters for future banners, you need some high premium juicy unit sometimes.

Sure, and I'm not saying to throw all the popular ones in at once. I didn't say Jill and Shinon both had to be on a banner at the same time. Just give us a Daein banner with Jill or a Greil Mercs-related banner that has Shinon or give us a banner with Elincia's retainers and knights or whatever else like that.

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

I see, so they do merge them. I wonder if they merge the Tellius games, my guess is no but I could be wrong.

They don't. Tellius is split between PoR and RD, likely due to how some characters' appearances change very noticeably between the two games. Examples being Ike and Sothe.