New Heroes: Heroes, Light and Shadows

NSSKG151

I'd like for Tellius to get a banner at some point, but unless it has either Tormod, Marcia, or Stefan on it the banner would most likely be a skip for me anyway. There's no guarantee the character you want will show up in a given banner, after all.

The next Tellius banner could just as well be Edward, Leonardo, Laura, and Nolan with Jarod GHB.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

I see, so they do merge them. I wonder if they merge the Tellius games, my guess is no but I could be wrong.

They do not. Some Tellius characters get a Path of Radiance label, while others get a Radiant Dawn label. In addition, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn have separate sorting filters while Archanea only has one (Shadow Dragon / (New) Mystery).

Just now, Sunwoo said:

The next Tellius banner could just as well be Edward, Leonardo, Laura, and Nolan with Jarod GHB.

True. But I'd still be glad to see more Tellius at all, even if I'm not a fan of the Dawn Brigade. I'd be willing to pick up Jarod though.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As for what remains in Archanea of value (leaving off Elice because of her duo cheerleading):

1. Nyna
  2. Medeus
  3. Gotoh
  4. Xane

And is this it? Even factoring in Awakening Enemy Pity General, there aren't any other Archanean NPC/villains worth adding- Lang and Jiol are weak. Some playables like Lorenz, Jake, and Arlen might stand a chance, but the story-important characters are almost exhausted. The non-Nyna females left are Marisha, Malice, Yumina, and Midia, the rest of the large cast is men, often of little and or generally dull character. One more banner, maybe two for Archanea realistically speaking? Who will be remiss at no Frost?

What about Yubello, the little prince...

Sigh. Oh who am I kidding, I'm the only one who cares about the young heirs of Grust, and the only chance Yubello has of getting in is as a dual unit with his sister....

Hopefully Yumina being the first wielder of the Rescue staff in the series will earn her a place eventually, but then again the FEH team's inability to add the interesting staves of the franchise might prevent it.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath
redundant word

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Hopefully Yumina being the first wielder of the Rescue staff wielder in the series will earn her a place eventually, but then again the FEH team's inability to add the interesting staves of the franchise might prevent it.

Warp is feasible as it can simply apply a status effect that grants its effect, but Rescue has the problem that it simply can't work with this game's tap-and-drag controls.

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

What about Yubello, the little prince...

Sigh. Oh who am I kidding, I'm the only one who cares about the young heirs of Grust, and the only chance Yubello has of getting in is as a dual unit with his sister...

Maybe I'm a little shotacon, but I WANTED to like Jubello. The problem is the le petite dauphin is... well he doesn't have very much character. He's quiet, kind, shy, scared, and maybe lacking for motivation and direction, in contrast to his twin sister, whose tomboyish assertive personality is something of vibrance to cling to.

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Hopefully Yumina being the first wielder of the Rescue staff wielder in the series will earn her a place eventually, but then again the FEH team's inability to add the interesting staves of the franchise might prevent it.

Lena came in SD with nothing except WARP, THE STAFF OF GODLINESS KISS MY SKIPPIN' ARSE NAGA. If she isn't getting it, who would- a Deirdre dressed as empress summoned seconds before the newly possessed Loptous!Julius ripped her apart?

I've wanted Kris for a really long time and they're finally here! @Interdimensional Observer As far as Archanea goes. there is also Horace, who could go along with both Midia and Nyna in this hypothetical banner

Also, why are we taking a [New] Mystery banner and suddenly making it about Tellius? Yeah, the last official Tellius banner was March 2019, but you're failing to consider how Tellius has had two Mythic heroes under its belt in the same year (Novermber 2019, & March 2019), one of which, was directly before said Tellius Banner. And this is before counting everything in between, such as Fallen Ike (as mentioned) and the (mostly) Tellian Bridal banners back to back for both  May 2019 & 2020

I get being impatient, but relax. Tellius relatively has not been unfed

Edited by Motendra

8 minutes ago, Motendra said:

I get being impatient, but relax. Tellius relatively has not been unfed

Yes, but Dark Burdens and a few seasonal units aren't the same thing as a new heroes banner that gives a bunch of new base form characters in the permanent pool. None of the Tellius characters added this year are in the permanent pool except Fallen Ike and he's an alt.

And only three are brand new at all, not even a full banner (Ashnard, Rafiel, Rhys).

Well, the free pull costs nothing, so I'll try for a blue on that. At the very least, if I wind up somehow getting female Kris, she's great skill food for Sylvain, especially if her B skill isn't locked to melee infantry/armor units, though it probably will be since the icon is similar to Wrath. 😕 But if it actually isn't, there's that and Fury 4.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Motendra said:

I've wanted Kris for a really long time and they're finally here! @Interdimensional Observer As far as Archanea goes. there is also Horace, who could go along with both Midia and Nyna in this hypothetical banner

True, and an Armor unit isn't a bad addition for variety's sake. I guess one could add Rickard as well to the list of maaaaaybe characters. And if Malice, who is a sexy sword lady, comes around, her 100%-Not-Historically-Accurate-It-Was-A-Decorative/Ceremonial-Item-Not-Worn-In-Battle-Horned-Viking-Helmeted father Dice has a very slim chance. Or at the least, Dice's helm would be a good accessory if something like it doesn't already exist.

Considering Close Call, Repel and Wrath are locked to one ranged infantry units (and armors for Wrath) I'm pretty sure Spurge is going to follow suit and also be exclusive to one ranged infantry units.

Well I will take the free pull and tickets and skip, since the only one I really like on the banner is Julian and he is not a must have for me.  I need to save just in case the dancer banner has Yashiro or Elphin are on it.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Lena came in SD with nothing except WARP, THE STAFF OF GODLINESS KISS MY SKIPPIN' ARSE NAGA. If she isn't getting it, who would- a Deirdre dressed as empress summoned seconds before the newly possessed Loptous!Julius ripped her apart?

Legendary Camilla will come with the Warp Staff, obviously. May that never actually happen.

6 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Considering Close Call, Repel and Wrath are locked to one ranged infantry units (and armors for Wrath) I'm pretty sure Spurge is going to follow suit and also be exclusive to one ranged infantry units.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure too. Basically what I said.

53 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Not sure if she is a flier... I mean, she can be one, but she looks infantry to me. 

Could be infantry too, although I guess it is a waste of the Harmonic effect that beast infantry has since Dancers/Singers should not face combat much.

49 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

... leanne has great res, can tank magic/staffies/dragons... hard to bait on defense.. what more do you need from her performance? 

I want extra stuff like what Peony and VS!Azura has.

Leanne's high Res is not that useful in my opinion since Dancers/Singers generally want to run Wings of Mercy on B.

I do not really care about a Dancers/Singers tanking capabilities since they are not really meant for combat.

She is harder to bait, but players can just remove a Dancers/Singers's Weapon if the player really needs an unbaitable unit.

NGL, I'm tempted to set some orbs aside to spark for either Kris since Spurn is tempting to get for my Lyn (if I want to make a DC+Spurn build since she already has DC). But alas, Summer Lyn wants merges, too! Guess I better keep a close eye on how my orbs are.

I find it funny that Julian gets the nonseasonal clone of the Dusk Uchiwa weapon and also gets Close Foil by default (and can cost 135 orbs) since Xander has Close Counter and Dusk Uchiwa (and is available for 4K divine codes).

It appears that Eremiya is our first GHB staff unit... and she comes in the update in which a demoted healer gets added as well (Lena).

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Could be infantry too, although I guess it is a waste of the Harmonic effect that beast infantry has since Dancers/Singers should not face combat much.

I want extra stuff like what Peony and VS!Azura has.

Leanne's high Res is not that useful in my opinion since Dancers/Singers generally want to run Wings of Mercy on B.

I do not really care about a Dancers/Singers tanking capabilities since they are not really meant for combat.

She is harder to bait, but players can just remove a Dancers/Singers's Weapon if the player really needs an unbaitable unit.

peony and azura are mythic and legendary. 
leanne is not. if leanne had that she'd not be in the main pool at all. 

i really have to wonder who made this rule/idea that dancers aren't meant for combat. they're given weapons. they can fight in their games.  the best dancers  should be capable of being multi-useful. 

my leanne has wings of mercy on her B slot. and i often use her to bait out magic/take hits for people so the rest of the team can get into position (AND she's fast enough so unlike Mirablis she's not going to be doubled by like 98 percent of the cast). mine is like +8 or so, a side effect from legendary, and i capitalized on it. if your argument is leanne should have demoted - then yeah she should have because i don't think her skills are 5* lockable. but if you're just upset that she doesn't have a prf song/dance like mythics, that's also a huge chunk of the dancers available in game. 

10 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

peony and azura are mythic and legendary. 
leanne is not. if leanne had that she'd not be in the main pool at all. 

i really have to wonder who made this rule/idea that dancers aren't meant for combat. they're given weapons. they can fight in their games.  the best dancers  should be capable of being multi-useful. 

In terms of multi-purpose dancers, there are pretty much 2 major routes.

There's buff and sing dancers, which are the easiest to set up (since a dancer can do this even at 0 merges) but is probably the most common, if not the only route, for dancers with 2-ranged weapons. People generally don't take combat ranged dancers too seriously unless it's somebody like Micaiah, who actually has the firepower to one-shot potentially troublesome armored units and can ignore Vantage effects.

Then there's the Galeforce dancers, which are melee-only and generally require merging up (so as to max out their decent Spd and modest Atk) and weapon replacements (Slaying weapons or similar like It's Curtains...).

Sharena apparently lewd enough to draw a nun holding hands.

Spoiler

lena_tender_angel_pop03.png

Edited by Roflolxp54

My most used dancer is my +0 +atk Soiree Reinhardt.

I also have a bunch of other dancers, including Legendary Azura, Peony, Mirabilis, Reyson, Hoshidan Festival Micaiah, Soiree Ishtar, Performing Arts Azura, Nils ... really, I'm missing Leanne, Lalum, Phina, and some of the seasonal ones but I do have a good number of them.

A lot of the newer dancers are decent at both combat and dancing. Reinhardt doesn't need to give me stat boosts or extra move to be way more valuable to me than Azura or the fairies. It kind of depends on what you want them to do and what you need most from your dancer.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I sorta like Julian, even though Archanea is lacking in the characterization department (where Julian does relatively okay), and this is a good "objective" move. He, Lena, Kris, and Eremiyah are all justifiable picks for the continent. Like Kris or not (I don't hate them, but I don't care for them either, my opinion on HoLaS is undefined), they are important to FE12 and the rise of the "avatar" unit. 

As for what remains in Archanea of value (leaving off Elice because of her duo cheerleading):

1. Nyna
  2. Medeus
  3. Gotoh
  4. Xane

And is this it? Even factoring in Awakening Enemy Pity General, there aren't any other Archanean NPC/villains worth adding- Lang and Jiol are weak. Some playables like Lorenz, Jake, and Arlen might stand a chance, but the story-important characters are almost exhausted. The non-Nyna females left are Marisha, Malice, Yumina, and Midia, the rest of the large cast is men, often of little and or generally dull character. One more banner, maybe two for Archanea realistically speaking? Who will be remiss at no Frost?

Xane better be next, I can't believe he didn't get in on this one

Interesting that Eremiya is going to be a staff unit considering she only used tomes in New Mystery. Being a staff unit also means she is probably not going to carry any good fodder skills on her either.

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Xane better be next, I can't believe he didn't get in on this one

I assume the reason that he keeps getting passed over is because they legitimately have no idea how to implement him in a satisfactory way.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

My most used dancer is my +0 +atk Soiree Reinhardt.

I also have a bunch of other dancers, including Legendary Azura, Peony, Mirabilis, Reyson, Hoshidan Festival Micaiah, Soiree Ishtar, Performing Arts Azura, Nils ... really, I'm missing Leanne, Lalum, Phina, and some of the seasonal ones but I do have a good number of them.

A lot of the newer dancers are decent at both combat and dancing. Reinhardt doesn't need to give me stat boosts or extra move to be way more valuable to me than Azura or the fairies. It kind of depends on what you want them to do and what you need most from your dancer.

i am jealous of this +atk dancehardt. LOL
I have almost every dance in the game (I don't have Ryoma, Xander and Nils). yeah i give them the "dancer Special" (wom/fury/ta/glimmer/moonbow) - 

I love Azura for the dance support and the crazy stuff she can do. but she's more valuable to me when she can tank a hit or take some  one out. My Flying Olivia for that reason tends to be used a lot more because she can be a combat dance.Same with my Lancezura, and others). it really just depends on what i need at the time. 

A great banner and a big skip. We are one seasonal and one mythic away from CYL after all. Also, Eremiya is the GHB will she be a tome or a staff?

Freya is a green beast, and most likely a flier as well. That's interesting, I am looking forward to seeing her weapon and her Dance. However, I hope she is Armored with a better movement increasing skill and not a flier as she would be 100 times more unique. Wonder what she will look like when transformed.

Edited by SuperNova125

That was surprising. I did not expect an Archanea banner and one with Kris on the banner.

Kris introduces Spurn which has the Close Call/Repel speed check for damage reduction, but instead of having a movement effect after combat, has a Wrath-like effect instead where if the unit is at <= 75% HP, they will deal 5 damage. That was unexpected as well. I figured we would get a Drag Back or Lunge version of the Close Call/Repel skills. As units, their ___ of Shadow weapons are Balmung, but they trade Spd+3 for a Killer effect and instead of granting Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5, their weapons inflict Atk/Spd/Def-5 which effectively does mean Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 to them, though, stat-based specials won't result in more damage since the stat would not be increased.

So, M!Kris makes me think of Shannan. He doesn't have Imperial Astra and his default A passive being HP/Spd 2 is suspiciously underwhelming, but Blade of Shadow and Spurn is like Balmung and Wrath. Difference is that M!Kris always gets cooldown count-1 for his special at all times and can reduce damage if his speed is much higher at the cost of actual speed from Balmung's Spd+3 and his own stats being boosted and lower damage dealt with Spurn's Wrath-like effect. M!Kris's actual stats would be different as well from Shannan. The funny thing is that Close Call/Repel Shannan is a thing, but with Spurn, it might be better so that Shannan can keep a similar effect to his default Wrath while also having damage reduction by having higher speed than his opponent. Osian might appreciate Spurn as well. Spurn on Larcei would be interesting as well too considering Larcei's Edge has a Killer effect and Regnal Astra is a 2 cooldown special, so after being hit once, she will activate Regnal Astra and if her HP is <= 75%, then she would deal 5 damage. Problem is that it would be a side-grade from her default Repel, a similar problem berserk Ike and Say'ri would face. Witch Celica could have trouble staying in specific HP ranges outside of combat, but I could see her dipping to <= 75% HP in combat allowing her to make use of Spurn and also heal during combat as well.

Moving on, F!Kris being a lance infantry was another unexpected surprise. I thought she would be yet another lance flier or lance cavalier when I saw her wielding a lance in her art, but nope, she's a lance infantry and right after merchant Anna was introduced. I'm definitely picking her as a my guaranteed summon if she doesn't show up or shows up with a cruddy asset and flaw. A lance infantry who is likely to be fast, she'd be the first and only lance infantry with damage reduction effect for me, and she could be a good speed tank with her Spear of Shadow's effects.

Julian is the second unit with Close Foil and he puts Dusk Uchiwa into the regular summoning pool with Caltrop Dagger. Inheriting Close Foil and Lull Atk/Spd 3 together is nice which Julia could do well with. Perhaps the speed boost might not be all that helpful for Julia, though. Kronya probably doesn't want Lull Atk/Spd 3 for most cases.

Lena's the demote which is unsurprising with what the Kris and Julian have. I do agree that maybe she should have had a different staff. I would prefer it if Atk Ploy 3 was the 4* inheritable skill, but Def/Res 2 is fine I guess.

Man, these back to back forging bonds are killer.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

That said, there's not much that appeals to me on this banner. A new Lance Infantry is appreciated, sure, but y'know, there's that sparkable Duo Lance Infantry available on a banner right now too. I was drifting away from the idea of sparking for Ephraim over the last week but now I'm revisiting that idea once more.

Anyone care enough to try to convince me one way on another whether to spark for F Kris or Ephraim?

Depends on what you want: do you want a lance infantry with effective damage against armor and cavalry and who also happens to be a duo hero or do you want someone who is likely to be a fast lance infantry which is not that common since we don't have a lot of lance infantry units to begin with. The current fastest is merchant Anna at 40 base neutral followed by CYL Lucina at 36, Nephenee at 35, and summer F!Robin at 34. The fastest 3* to 4* lance infantry are Sharena and +Spd Donnel at 32. Not that great compared to axe infantry much less sword infantry. At least axe infantry had Anna, Legion, and Raven and even Barst as launch or book 1 units, Libra, Linus, and summer Ylgr in book 2 and book 3, and then Echidna in book 4 before speed demons Alm & Celica, Hilda, and Rinkah were introduced alongside Annette, Gerik, and Osian for more fast axe infantry.