New Heroes: Heroes, Light and Shadows

NSSKG151

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Both Krises finally made it into the game. All we need is Mark and the circle of avatar is complete.

I think I read a meme or something somewhere that Mark is already in the game because Bramimond looks just like Mark.

I didn't expect this. Not bad! And Julian and Lena are finally in! A bit sad that their associated allies aren't in with them (Matthis and Rockard), but it's nice to see them in! Kris and Kris having the same new skill makes sense, too. What doesn't make sense is Lena being the 4* unit, compared to Julian. I can't help but feel like Julian in particular was given a bit of a short end of the stick with his uh...skills... Anyway, looks like I'll be free pulling on colorless.

4 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

What I truly consider asinine is the need to break Geneology, Awakening, and Fates into Gen 1 or Gen 2, as if that somehow makes them need more banners than they actually do.

In all fairness, there was only one Fates banner with only gen 2 characters. After Siegbert, Shiro, Soleil, and Rhajat the rest of the children in the game debuted alongside gen 1 characters. Guess even the game thinks that the generation split in Fates isn't anywhere near as meaningful as the other two.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

In all fairness, there was only one Fates banner with only gen 2 characters. After Siegbert, Shiro, Soleil, and Rhajat the rest of the children in the game debuted alongside gen 1 characters. Guess even the game thinks that the generation split in Fates isn't anywhere near as meaningful as the other two.

It really isn't. Fates has a generation split just because it was popular in Awakening...

Somehow I didn't expect this, even though FE12 turned ten years old two days ago... too much "Where's Jill" echo chambering I guess.

17 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Awakening also only had one fully Gen 2 banner, although the Morgan banner was close. 

In Awakening, they're still their own team, unlike Fates. But FE4 is still a special case in having them controlled as distinct armies. Even CYL has FE4's gens separate, the only other game with that treatment is 3H.

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

Awakening also only had one fully Gen 2 banner, although the Morgan banner was close. 

In Awakening, they're still their own team, unlike Fates. But FE4 is still a special case in having them controlled as distinct armies. Even CYL has FE4's gens separate, the only other game with that treatment is 3H.

I somehow forgot that the Exalted Chrom banner existed, despite having all of them.

That banner was the Morgans, Chrom, and Gerome, right? It feels like the "odd avatar child banner", like the one with Hinoka and the two Kanas and Kaze being a Grand Conquest reward. Was there someone else on that banner?

48 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I can't help but feel like Julian in particular was given a bit of a short end of the stick with his uh...skills... 

How exactly? All of his skills are great and top tier fodder.

11 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I somehow forgot that the Exalted Chrom banner existed, despite having all of them.

That banner was the Morgans, Chrom, and Gerome, right? It feels like the "odd avatar child banner", like the one with Hinoka and the two Kanas and Kaze being a Grand Conquest reward. Was there someone else on that banner?

Yeah, I did a list of Awakening banners recently and forgot that one then too. It's quite forgettable, I'd call it the worst normal New Heroes banner in the game. ("Normal" excluding Adrift, as well as Fire and Ice.)

Chrom's banner was Chrom, Morgan F, and Morgan M, with Gerome as the TT. Hinoka's banner was Hinoka, Kana F, and Shigure, with Kana M as the GHB and Kaze as a bonus.

13 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Welp, so much for Repel and Close Call. Why have effects that are reserved for Player Phase use when you could instead have half a Wrath AND Speed damage reduction?

I'd say less than half of Wrath -- not only does Spurn deals less true damage (+5 vs. Wrath's +10), it also lacks the special cooldown count -1 effect. Still a good skill indeed though.

9 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Uh guys? Each book has 13 chapters, and this book only has 4 chapters left assuming they stick to tradition. Counting Chapter 9 focusing on Archanea, that only leaves Valentia, Tellius, Sacred Stones, and Binding Blade New Hero banners not done in this book yet. See? One chapter for each world to focus a New Hero banner on.

I dunno. Given how we had a Midpoint celebration when Chapter 8 arrived, Book 4 could very well have 15 or 16 Chapters instead of the standard 13.

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I'd say less than half of Wrath -- not only does Spurn deals less true damage (+5 vs. Wrath's +10), it also lacks the special cooldown count -1 effect. Still a good skill indeed though.

I dunno. Given how we had a Midpoint celebration when Chapter 8 arrived, Book 4 could very well have 15 or 16 Chapters instead of the standard 13.

My take is, the midpoint celebration was marking Ch8 as the beginning of the "second half" of Book 4. The first half was 7 chapters, so the second half could be 6-8, making a total of 13-15. So I'd default to expecting the usual 13.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, I did a list of Awakening banners recently and forgot that one then too. It's quite forgettable, I'd call it the worst normal New Heroes banner in the game. ("Normal" excluding Adrift, as well as Fire and Ice.)

Chrom's banner was Chrom, Morgan F, and Morgan M, with Gerome as the TT. Hinoka's banner was Hinoka, Kana F, and Shigure, with Kana M as the GHB and Kaze as a bonus.

Right, Shigure. Don't know how I forgot about him. Basically, those banners were kind of similar in that they had the avatar kids, one other kid tacked on, and an alt of a character already in the game. And Kaze's a wildcard we hadn't really seen before until Emmeryn.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Right, Shigure. Don't know how I forgot about him. Basically, those banners were kind of similar in that they had the avatar kids, one other kid tacked on, and an alt of a character already in the game. And Kaze's a wildcard we hadn't really seen before until Emmeryn.

Shigure is interesting in that he was already in the game as an alt, and the first such unit to get a regular version. Combined with all the New Heroes alts and the gender variations, it was certainly a complicated situation. 

Kaze and Emmeryn are so far the only insta-demotes introduced as quest units, but there's also Ayra, Rhajat, and Byleth M as off-banner 5*s, and Bantu, Valbar, Ross, Chad, and Tania as regular insta-demotes. So it all depends on how you define it, I guess. 

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I didn't expect this. Not bad! And Julian and Lena are finally in! A bit sad that their associated allies aren't in with them (Matthis and Rockard), but it's nice to see them in! Kris and Kris having the same new skill makes sense, too. What doesn't make sense is Lena being the 4* unit, compared to Julian. I can't help but feel like Julian in particular was given a bit of a short end of the stick with his uh...skills... Anyway, looks like I'll be free pulling on colorless.

howso?

Lull atk/Spd, a horsey killer dagger and close foil (whihc is like close counter). 

that seems... pretty good to me. slap on a movement skill and a C, and he's good to go. 

15 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Both Krises finally made it into the game. All we need is Mark and the circle of avatar is complete.

14 hours ago, XRay said:

I think I read a meme or something somewhere that Mark is already in the game because Bramimond looks just like Mark.

Morgan is already in the game.

New unit stats.

Spoiler

n995j1pwjxb51.png

M!Kris and F!Kris have superboons in Speed and Res and superbanes in HP and Def.

Julian has a superboon in Atk and superbanes in HP and Res.

Lena has a superboon in Def and superbane and HP and Speed.

Eremiya has Panic+, Physic+, Atk/Res Push 3 (four stars) and Distant Guard 3 (five stars).

Julian is looking good with those stats. Can't say the same for Lena since her stats looks like any other staff unit in Heroes. Eremiya is also offering nothing noteworthy in terms of skills. And ha, both genders of Kris share the same stat spread.

Edited by NSSKG151

They couldn't even be fucking bothered to give Eremiya Flash or Trilemma to have them locked as 5* or grails only or even a unique stat spread other than she has high HP. Gravity or Pain with Dazzling/Wrathful Staff are powerful, but with their plan to have Eremiya be the high HP healer, then they could have copy-pasted Aversa's, Iago's, or Virion's weapon onto her or even give a staff with Panic and Panic Ploy because why the hell not. Third tier Push skills are like a bad joke now. If there was an update like with what happened early on with the cooldown reduction of Daylight, Night Sky, and the AoE specials where, say, third tier Push skills work at >= 50% HP, then sure, but that's probably never going to happen. Atk/Res 2, Warding Stance, Infantry Flash to go with Brady having Infantry Rush, a Chill, or unlikely to ever happen, Dazzling/Wrathful Staff would be more "premium" than a third tier Push. At least Distant Guard is good.

It feels like if a healer isn't 5* locked or at least special like a CYL unit, then they're probably going to be treated as if they're a third-class citizen. At least they're not launch or early healers. Could we get an update that lets them have access to their single passive at 4* or if they summoned as a 5* that they have their + heal or whatever like recent healers?

Edited by Kaden

As I said, lately IS has been obsessed with giving our freebie units high HP and ... not enough of everything else. Of course, they don't have high enough HP to do anything effective with it, just enough to take away from everything else. Thanks, IS.

Also Eremiya's face looks really weird I don't like it

*Late post, but can't be helped with hiatus*

It's about time Julian and Lena got into Heroes. They've been strange omissions for a long time. I suppose Kris is a strange omission as well, but, meh, who cares about that dumb-dumb? I'm pretty okay with this not being a Tellius banner, too, since it's definitely an anniversary thing (and an all-Three Houses seasonal was released close to its anniversary as well? Yeah, definitely doing anniversaries this month). I probably won't spend too much time trying to get anyone here, but it's a pretty nice banner for Archanea.

Nyna and Elice (yes Marth's freaking sister is important) are the only two REALLY important characters left, I think. Aside from those two, the only other Marth game characters I'd personally like to see are Roshea (he actually has a smidge of personality/development with his little thing of being the only defector of Hardin's group in the original Mystery), Lorenz (I just like this guy), Midia (Astram without Midia is incomplete!), Samson (Sheena's lover!), Etzel and Horace (two Shadow Dragon remake characters that were actually pretty cool). Seems like a lot, but with the huge cast of New Mystery, it's not much.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

As I said, lately IS has been obsessed with giving our freebie units high HP and ... not enough of everything else. Of course, they don't have high enough HP to do anything effective with it, just enough to take away from everything else. Thanks, IS.

Also Eremiya's face looks really weird I don't like it

Eremiya's artist was also the one who did Palla's art in Awakening's DLC, if that means anything to you.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Eremiya's artist was also the one who did Palla's art in Awakening's DLC, if that means anything to you.

I've heard as such, yeah, but there's just something about how Eremiya's face is drawn that is ... just VERY off-putting for me. I can't explain what it is, but something just feels super weird. Maybe it's intentional, since she's supposed to be a bad guy, but I didn't get that uncanny feeling when I first saw Palla's face. I think it's just her.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I've heard as such, yeah, but there's just something about how Eremiya's face is drawn that is ... just VERY off-putting for me. I can't explain what it is, but something just feels super weird. Maybe it's intentional, since she's supposed to be a bad guy, but I didn't get that uncanny feeling when I first saw Palla's face. I think it's just her.

Would you have preferred if Eremiya had the Yandere-esque face that Sharena gave her instead?

Spoiler

jeremiah_hollow_bishop_info02.png