New Heroes: Heroes, Light and Shadows

NSSKG151

I actually thought her character sprite in New Mystery looked fine.

Seems perfectly normal on the outside, is utterly fucking terrifying on the inside.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

They seriously couldn't give Lena 30 defense? seriously. Silque still woulda had 5 more on her.  Anyway. Mercie (for 3H reasons) will still be my 2nd offensive infantry healer, and I'll just make Lena a brick.

Just now, daisy jane said:
  Reveal hidden contents

They seriously couldn't give Lena 30 defense? seriously. Silque still woulda had 5 more on her.  Anyway. Mercie (for 3H reasons) will still be my 2nd offensive infantry healer, and I'll just make Lena a brick.

Spoiler

Lena's statline essentially just uses the same mold as Forrest's but with more points overall due to being infantry instead.

Forrest: 39/32/26/19/35
Lena: 40/32/29/24/37

That, and it also doesn't look radically different from Rhys's spread either.

Rhys: 44/34/27/21/36

So in words, they sure are just giving us slightly different flavors of the same staff unit. Perhaps this wouldn't be a problem if not for their extreme aversion to giving staff units (old or new) Prfs.

52 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Eremiya’s stat line is just Emmeryn’s after removing 3 points from Res and adding one each to HP, Spd, and nothing.

Christ, why did they even bother making Eremiya a staff unit?

Spoiler

You know, if they're going to give us GHB units with typical stat spreads, at least give us decent fodder with them. Both Atk/Res Push and Distant Guard have been in the pool for nearly a year now, the only small benefit with it appearing again is that if you've been building Kronya you have a cheaper source with Eremiya. 

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:
  Hide contents

Lena's statline essentially just uses the same mold as Forrest's but with more points overall due to being infantry instead.

Forrest: 39/32/26/19/35
Lena: 40/32/29/24/37

That, and it also doesn't look radically different from Rhys's spread either.

Rhys: 44/34/27/21/36

So in words, they sure are just giving us slightly different flavors of the same staff unit. Perhaps this wouldn't be a problem if not for their extreme aversion to giving staff units (old or new) Prfs.

that's basically the thing. the only new staves we got thisyear was Horsey Silque's and Rhys. both of which are Tempest, so it costs just as much.  just give us something fun. If you don't want to give us Candlelight. make up something that's not gonna destroy the meta if it's available. 

and yeah you are right if it's a F2P Staffie you really you can 100 percent figure out the stat line you just have to shift the numbers around. 
it doesn't matter. Lena is pretty I'll build her. 
then i will work on forrest and priscilla because i do need some horse staffies. 

50 minutes ago, Medeus said:
  Hide contents

You know, if they're going to give us GHB units with typical stat spreads, at least give us decent fodder with them. Both Atk/Res Push and Distant Guard have been in the pool for nearly a year now, the only small benefit with it appearing again is that if you've been building Kronya you have a cheaper source with Eremiya. 

Spoilers

Spoiler

Distant Guard is still a pretty premium skill. Not all players value Grail units lowly to the point of using them as skill fodder. Players like me would never consider using Grail units as skill fodder since we can just spend Orbs to do that, but players who do not have that financial muscle who still value Grail units for merges more than skills would have to make tough decisions on occasion, and they will have to fodder Grail units for skill fodder sometimes to make certain builds work even if they do not wish to spend Grails that way. Having an extra source of Distant Guard from Grails helps make those tough decisions easier to swallow.

Edited by XRay

I'm pretty annoyed they went with Sword Infantry for male Kris. Everyone and their mother knows we have far too many Sword Infantry in the game as it is. And Kris is the perfect example of a unit we don't need to make a sword users. I know he uses swords on the box art, but it's completely variable in game. My Kris was a sniper! And if they did have to make one of the Krises a sword users they could have at least went with female Kris and given her the Lady Sword instead of making up a prf.

13 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I'm pretty annoyed they went with Sword Infantry for male Kris. Everyone and their mother knows we have far too many Sword Infantry in the game as it is. And Kris is the perfect example of a unit we don't need to make a sword users. I know he uses swords on the box art, but it's completely variable in game. My Kris was a sniper! And if they did have to make one of the Krises a sword users they could have at least went with female Kris and given her the Lady Sword instead of making up a prf.

I have no problema with M Kris being a sword unit.

My Kris was a mage, and I am not sad for him being a sword unit.

43 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I have no problema with M Kris being a sword unit.

My Kris was a mage, and I am not sad for him being a sword unit.

You going to provide any reasoning as to why or address the issue of the number of sword units in some way? Or are you just going to disagree with me and leave it at that? Would you be upset if Kris wasn't a sword unit?

Edited by Jotari

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

You going to provide any reasoning as to why or address the issue of the number of sword units in some way? Or are you just going to disagree with me and leave it at that? Would you be upset if Kris wasn't a sword unit?

Kris could be a staff unit and I would be fine with that. It's just I don't see a problem of Kris being a sword unit at all, even with a lot of his class around. I am happy that Kris is in the game, and that's enough for me. It's his canon class, the one based on his artwork, so it's fine.

And making F Kris a lance unit is pretty nice, since it creates a different case from what Byleth did last year, that both are sword users. Although, F Kris is a infantry lance unit, something she can't be in her original game. In New Mystery, If Kris wants to use a lance she needs to be a cavalier or pegasus knight... but I don't mind a a Faye situation for her (being a class that she can't be in her original game).

33 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Kris could be a staff unit and I would be fine with that. It's just I don't see a problem of Kris being a sword unit at all, even with a lot of his class around. I am happy that Kris is in the game, and that's enough for me. It's his canon class, the one based on his artwork, so it's fine.

And making F Kris a lance unit is pretty nice, since it creates a different case from what Byleth did last year, that both are sword users. Although, F Kris is a infantry lance unit, something she can't be in her original game. In New Mystery, If Kris wants to use a lance she needs to be a cavalier or pegasus knight... but I don't mind a a Faye situation for her (being a class that she can't be in her original game).

Yeah but why are you responding to me if the sum total of your response is "I don't agree with you." Sure, you're fine with Kris being a sword unit, that's cool, but if we're actually to have a conversation you're going to have to provide something more substantial.

The last quest map was really hard till I noticed that it was the perfect training map for my brandnew Tsubasa. She could ORKO everything (aside of female Kris) with ease, even all the green beasts despite weapon disadvantage. She started at level 34 and ended with maxed level. At first I thought it's suppossed to be a classic defend map, but no, it's the entire opposite. Units with  anti-horse weapons and galeforce ftw.

The endless procession of samey sword infantry might be a little annoying but the endless procession of worthless infantry healers makes it seem not so bad I guess? I see what you're doing IS.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

Because every avatar in the game thus far (minus Corrin) has the same type of weapon minus a colour swap (Minus Byleth). And they could have done like "Creator Lance" or something (that would actually have been really cool). I haven't played New Mystery so i don't know what is what. but it basically seems they went with the same. Same unit, same stats and slightly different kits. (and most likely the weapon they start off with in the game do they not? Byleth starts out with swords/gets his prf. Robins start out with Magics, Corrin can turn into a dragon before the Choice (FCorrin) and also has access to swords (MCorrin). they've been pretty darn consistent with this. 

I'm not sure why you'd be annoyed at LeKris being a sword but would have been fine with LaKris being one - if the underling argument is "we have too many sword infantry." To which - i suppose for the most part, it is due to the fact that most FE is an onslaught of Swords and not so many other weapon types. which is why ideally they have good fodder if you don't like sad Infantry sword. 

28 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Because every avatar in the game thus far (minus Corrin) has the same type of weapon minus a colour swap (Minus Byleth).

I really need to dissect this line a bit. Every Avatar thus far except Corrin, so just Robin and Byleth, has the same type of wepaon minus a colour swap...so just Robin? I'm not sure what you're getting at here but I don't see how Kris debuting with say an axe and a lance would be any different to Corrin coming with a sword and a dragon stone.

32 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

(and most likely the weapon they start off with in the game do they not? Byleth starts out with swords/gets his prf. Robins start out with Magics, Corrin can turn into a dragon before the Choice (FCorrin) and also has access to swords (MCorrin). they've been pretty darn consistent with this. 

Now you see that is exactly the point. Kris has no canon weapon that s/he starts off with. You pick their class before gameplay ever begins. So Kris's default weapon is an Iron version of whatever class you select (or fire in the case of mages). There is no in game basis for Kris to have a sword at all. They don't necessarily start with one and don't gain any kind of special sword in game at any point. Their potential weapon is completely malleable (well within the confines of what's available in New Mystery, would be a bit weird to give them knives).  So it's a shame they decided to go with what is already the most common weapon and movement type my a massive amount. And this isn't just board of seeing the same old thing, it actually effects pull rates as the more red units there are in the game, the more red orbs are generated whenever you summon anything. Which makes it harder to summon green or colourless units of which there is a lot less of.

29 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I'm not sure why you'd be annoyed at LeKris being a sword but would have been fine with LaKris being one - if the underling argument is "we have too many sword infantry." To which - i suppose for the most part, it is due to the fact that most FE is an onslaught of Swords and not so many other weapon types. which is why ideally they have good fodder if you don't like sad Infantry sword. 

Not quite okay, but less not okay, but only if it's the Lady Sword. As I view that as a staple weapon of the series that I want to see included at some point (female Kris wouldn't even necessarily have to be an infantry with it as she could be cavalry or flying considering they're both options for her).

Gah, didn't get either Kris. The free tickets got me Est, CYL Alm, Lon'qu, Draug, and female Corrin.

Of course, the CYL Alm is -Atk but that hardly matters when he has 67 effective Atk (100 Atk vs. dragons). And at worst, he does have Threaten Atk/Spd to give to somebody.

9 hours ago, Humanoid said:

The endless procession of samey sword infantry might be a little annoying but the endless procession of worthless infantry healers makes it seem not so bad I guess? I see what you're doing IS.

*sigh* On the bright side, they haven't given us another worthless, samey lance flier in a while. Thanks a lot, IS, you're the best.

3 hours ago, SirErrant said:

*sigh* On the bright side, they haven't given us another worthless, samey lance flier in a while. Thanks a lot, IS, you're the best.

Yeah, it’s been several days since the last lance flier. It’s especially egregious being on a seasonal banner, in which any move/weapon combo goes.

2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Yeah, it’s been several days since the last lance flier. It’s especially egregious being on a seasonal banner, in which any move/weapon combo goes.

I agree with the general sentiment, but Ingrid got off better than a lot of the other recent lance fliers. Her stats are pretty good and she got herself a nice prf lance.

Lance fliers could strive to be more like Ingrid and less like ... well, Travant.

2 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Hey, they did go two full months without a lance flier before Summer Ingrid happened. I have to give them props for having even that much restraint.

As for infantry swords, they've only gone a single month this year (February, and that's mostly moot since they added four in January) without adding one

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

As for infantry swords, they've only gone a single month this year (February, and that's mostly moot since they added four in January) without adding one

Not all infantry swords are the same situation, some are more strongly associated with swords and being infantry than others.