New Heroes: Heroes, Light and Shadows

NSSKG151

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

A great banner and a big skip. We are one seasonal and one mythic away from CYL after all. Also, Eremiya is the GHB will she be a tome or a staff?

Staff unit since that is what she is using in her attacking art on the Meet the Heroes website.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i really have to wonder who made this rule/idea that dancers aren't meant for combat. they're given weapons. they can fight in their games.  the best dancers  should be capable of being multi-useful. 

You can use them for combat, but that is more of the exception than the rule. If a Dancer/Singer is fighting, then they are not really Dancing/Singing. And with Wings of Mercy occupying the B slot, that already means Dancers/Singers are fighting at a huge handicap. I do use my Dancers/Singers occasionally for combat, but that is exceedingly rare and mostly for emergency situations, usually to tank a stray hit for the nuke on the team.

I prefer to use specialized units with distinct roles. In my opinion, mixing roles too much generally creates a unit that cannot do any of its roles well. I am not a fan of mixing combat skills with support skills on the same unit if there is a high opportunity cost.

For me, Wings of Mercy is pretty much a non-negotiable must have on Dancers/Singers. C slot and Sacred Seal slot should generally be support skills like Hones, Chills, etc. 

12 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

my leanne has wings of mercy on her B slot. and i often use her to bait out magic/take hits for people so the rest of the team can get into position (AND she's fast enough so unlike Mirablis she's not going to be doubled by like 98 percent of the cast). mine is like +8 or so, a side effect from legendary, and i capitalized on it. if your argument is leanne should have demoted - then yeah she should have because i don't think her skills are 5* lockable. but if you're just upset that she doesn't have a prf song/dance like mythics, that's also a huge chunk of the dancers available in game. 

I am not a fan of her cost-performance ratio. Between her and Reyson, I prefer Reyson's stat spread since he can actually take a hit in most cases. Leanne can only take magical hits. Reyson is also like dirt cheap.

6 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Then there's the Galeforce dancers, which are melee-only and generally require merging up (so as to max out their decent Spd and modest Atk) and weapon replacements (Slaying weapons or similar like It's Curtains...).

All Leanne really needs is just Flashing Blade, but she cannot use it cause of skill restrictions.

7 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I love Azura for the dance support and the crazy stuff she can do. but she's more valuable to me when she can tank a hit or take some  one out. My Flying Olivia for that reason tends to be used a lot more because she can be a combat dance.Same with my Lancezura, and others). it really just depends on what i need at the time. 

YT!Olivia feels premium because she basically has her C and Sacred Seal slots free since she moved those buffs onto her Weapon. She can also Galeforce if the player wants to use her that way. She is basically Peony Lite if you give her Ground Orders/Air Orders, but without the Ploy Drive.

The only time I found Leanne's and Reyson's healing real helpful is during Røkkr Sieges. For every other mode, that healing has been more of a liability than an asset. Leanne also cannot Galeforce because of stupid class/skill restrictions.

4 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Staff unit since that is what she is using in her attacking art on the Meet the Heroes website.

Oh, I just saw the art. Hopefully she has a unique or good staff and not another slow, gravity and all that. 

Welp, so much for Repel and Close Call. Why have effects that are reserved for Player Phase use when you could instead have half a Wrath AND Speed damage reduction?

Two Krises, one Julian, and one Lena... I dunno really what to say, I only know snipits of these guys from whenever I read the Fire Emblem wiki.
The Krises mean that we now only need wait for Mark to somehow get in (they'll find a way...) and we have the entire history of Avatars of the Emblem in FEH. Male Kris might need a bit more SI help than Fem, but Fem's C slot looks a bit iffy to me, depending on how much Res they give her.
Julian looks pretty good, but it seems weird to me that the second unit to bring a reskinned Hoshidan Festival weapon has much better skill fodder than the first, Larum.
Lena... well her skillset is weak, but she's also the demote so that's to be expected. It's stats that matter to demotes anyway, so who knows, maybe she'll be the seco... third coming of Wrys?

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

The only time I found Leanne's and Reyson's healing real helpful is during Røkkr Sieges. For every other mode, that healing has been more of a liability than an asset. Leanne also cannot Galeforce because of stupid class/skill restrictions.

well to sum up your post, it just seems to me that you are limiting yourself. that's fair. it's your resources, and your playstyle. but whatever issues you have with leanne, i'm telling you they aren't the case. 

but this in particular is wrong. there is nothing stopping Leanne from having galeforce considering reyson can use galeforce and tibarn, and naesala. 

11 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

That makes her the first staff GHB unit, right?

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

but this in particular is wrong. there is nothing stopping Leanne from having galeforce considering reyson can use galeforce and tibarn, and naesala. 

@XRay could be confusing Beasts with Breath units, who can't learn Galeforce. Not sure why, considering there's only a few Breath Dancers in the game...
But anyway I just checked, and yes Leanne and Reyson can both learn Galeforce. The only thing stopping them are slightly meh combat stats.

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Oh, I just saw the art. Hopefully she has a unique or good staff and not another slow, gravity and all that. 

I hope she with comes something good but more than likely she probably won't.

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

That makes her the first staff GHB unit, right?

Yeah, I believe she is the first GHB unit that uses a staff.

34 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

that's right. i hope she comes with some good

32 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I hope she with comes something good but more than likely she probably won't.

Well, we know that she has Physic since that's the healing staff her sprite has.

Spoiler

Is her name Jeremiah in Japanese? Her link has "jeremiah_hollow_bishop" for her name. If only she was a bullfrog.

jeremiah_hollow_bishop.png

This is the Physic staff if I am not mistaken.

Weapon_Physic_Plus.png?version=955c9361c

Her attacking staff, no idea. It would be nice if she has a prf staff. Y'know, so we could have a healer with a prf staff that is not a 5*-only summon. That reminds me, we don't have a healer with a personal heal assist.

Edited by Kaden

6 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

@XRay could be confusing Beasts with Breath units, who can't learn Galeforce. Not sure why, considering there's only a few Breath Dancers in the game...
But anyway I just checked, and yes Leanne and Reyson can both learn Galeforce. The only thing stopping them are slightly meh combat stats.

For Leanne to Galeforce consistently, she needs to use Heavy Blade. Leanne has crap Atk and cannot use Flashing Blade as it is locked to infantry and armor. Leanne simply is not a viable Galeforce option, and neither is Reyson. YT!Olivia has stat issues too, but she can use Slaying Edge and Quickened Pulse, which is not as dependent on stat checks.

Just ... don't be Gravity+ when Lena already comes with that on the same banner.

Our staff demotes have come with ... Absorb+ (Nanna), Slow+ (Brady), Fear+ (Emmeryn), Gravity+ (Lena and Mercedes), and I think Forrest has Panic+? I guess Pain+ would be okay, but seriously IS. Could you stop spamming the same staves that have been around since launch? Put Trilemma+ in the 4-star pool, or at least give 5-star healers you're not going to demote Flash+ and Melancholy+ instead of locking the new staves to only one unit.

Edited by Sunwoo

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

For Leanne to Galeforce consistently, she needs to use Heavy Blade. Leanne has crap Atk and cannot use Flashing Blade as it is locked to infantry and armor. Leanne simply is not a viable Galeforce option, and neither is Reyson. YT!Olivia has stat issues too, but she can use Slaying Edge and Quickened Pulse, which is not as dependent on stat checks.

I mean yeah Leanne can't exactly trigger Galeforce easily, but it's still possible. Maybe if she lured in Dragons to get at least 3 charge in (given her good Speed and Res, she could do it), then she just needs to go in for the attack.
But that's not the same as being UNABLE to use Galeforce, or as we were assuming you were saying, unable to even learn it.

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I mean yeah Leanne can't exactly trigger Galeforce easily, but it's still possible. Maybe if she lured in Dragons to get at least 3 charge in (given her good Speed and Res, she could do it), then she just needs to go in for the attack.
But that's not the same as being UNABLE to use Galeforce, or as we were assuming you were saying, unable to even learn it.

It is possible, but highly impractical and it simply is not very viable. For Player Phase teams, it is not a good idea to let enemies initiate on your team most of the time.

It would be like trying to turn Reinhardt into a fast Brave nuke. It is doable, but not very practical.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

I assume the reason that he keeps getting passed over is because they legitimately have no idea how to implement him in a satisfactory way.

Understandable

But

Me want~

Well this Banner is kinda lackluster.

the good

Julian. I think Rickard is more funny, but the OG thief is a good edition that should have been in a long time ago.

The bad

Oh Lena, what did they do to you? First Forrest, then Em and now this. Why do they insist on making healers as boring as possible. Its like they only remember their boring day 1 staves. Her other skills are just as lame.

I’m not a fan of Kris either, but I find the Lena situation just a bit more tragic.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Tellius is never getting a proper banner again, I guess. Fuck you too, IS. A couple seasonals/alts and a GHB ARE NOT THE SAME THING.

I'm skipping. Spark or not.

I share this sentiment. 

I don't bear any resentmore towards this banner in particular (aside from it having yet another crap staff demote), but I'm uninstalling if we don't get a proper Tellius banner by the end of the year.

Also, I don't care about the 10th anniversary of New Mystery of the Emblem. Path of Radiance shares it's 15th anniversary with the franchise itself, and they didn't feel like celebrating us then.

I'm sick of my favorite games being treated like a red-headed step child. First by Warriors, and now by Heroes.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Tellius is my favourite continent and Radiant dawn is my favourite game. And yet, I just hope we won’t be getting any Tellius until book 5. 

Reasoning is twofold; give me that sweet gen 5 bst Zihark and Jill. And also not unimportant, amount of entertainment I get from reading these topics. For months now every new heroes banner is from a certain game and yet a vocal minority manages to make 40% of all posts in said new heroes topic concerning an unrelated game setting. Banner from Thracia? Better talk about tellius! Banner for new mystery? Gotta talk about tellius!

It might just be that my specific Tellius needs have been met quite well with the units we did get, so I am not too sad Jill and Zihark are not yet here. They are my two favourite characters in the entire series, but I am still building a V!Titania, saving orbs for B!Micaiah and B!Nailah, waiting for a decent Red pool that has Altina. So I have so michh Tellius to look forward to that I am not concerned with what I do not have/cannot yet get. 

Whining about Tellius banner after banner just comes of as ungrateful and egocentric, even if it wasn’t meant that way. And hey, if   ‘IS is ruining the game’   That much for you, why not just stop? If there is no fun to be had in the game modes and no fun to be had in the speculation and talk about new banners, then where do you get your fun? Gotta drop stuff that does not ‘spark’ (heh, get it) joy, right?

7 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Tellius is my favourite continent and Radiant dawn is my favourite game. And yet, I just hope we won’t be getting any Tellius until book 5. 

Reasoning is twofold; give me that sweet gen 5 bst Zihark and Jill. And also not unimportant, amount of entertainment I get from reading these topics. For months now every new heroes banner is from a certain game and yet a vocal minority manages to make 40% of all posts in said new heroes topic concerning an unrelated game setting. Banner from Thracia? Better talk about tellius! Banner for new mystery? Gotta talk about tellius!

Ah, yes, because ignoring part of your community for long lengths of time until they grow to resent you for it is cute. It's funny to make fun of this 'vocal minority' and doesn't make you look like a goddamn jerk at all.

This banner is already perfect for me since it has Julian on it, who was my first FE crush, and then they ALSO have Lena and Eremiya? IS really knows how to cater to me and my needs.

28 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Ah, yes, because ignoring part of your community for long lengths of time until they grow to resent you for it is cute. It's funny to make fun of this 'vocal minority' and doesn't make you look like a goddamn jerk at all.

Whatever banner they're going to release, there are going to be people disappointed because "favourite x" wasn't on the banner, or it wasn't "title y" represented. So no, I don't think ignoring a part of a community, which Is has 0 interaction with anyway (when was the last time you saw people from IS at Serenes, r/fireemblem or the FeTube scene?) is going to hurt them very much, especially since Tellius hasn't been ignored, there have been plenty Tellius characters, it just so happens that they didn't line up with your specific preferences. So a minute part of the "community that they are actively ignoring" is mad, whereas a large portions just shrugs, and is happy with the Tellius they got. You're pretending you're a majority, when the opposite shows, it's a hand full of people here talking about "Muh Tellius Banner got robbed!" and the rest doesn't care, or is happy about something else getting in.

And to be fair, I don't really care all that much about the opinion of someone who calls me a goddamn jerk when they're acting like a spoiled three year old throwing a temper tantrum.

As I said before, if the game is not fun for you someone anymore in any way shape or form, because the game developer is "actively ignoring them" and whatever other reason there are to sap your own enjoyment of the game, why play? 

Uh guys? Each book has 13 chapters, and this book only has 4 chapters left assuming they stick to tradition. Counting Chapter 9 focusing on Archanea, that only leaves Valentia, Tellius, Sacred Stones, and Binding Blade New Hero banners not done in this book yet. See? One chapter for each world to focus a New Hero banner on.

Maybe go up in arms if they try to run a used game again, or just chill out and be patient?