What fighters did you want to love, but don't?

Whenever a character we love is announced, many of us feel an inclination to main them at all costs. But sometimes, their playstyle just doesn't connect with us. So, when has this happened for you?

For me, it's happened with:

Byleth

I love the game. I love the character. I like the lance moves... but that's about it. Ironically, everything that separates Byleth's moveset from other FE characters contributes to me not liking them. Their moveset is devoid of mobility and utility, making them feel more bland and less versatile than other swordsmen. I LIKE counters, and I wish Byleth had one.

Robin

One of my favorite FE characters, but I've never been able to get the hang of them in Smash. I guess I'm just not good at projectile campers.

Greninja

I don't even know why this character feels so off for me, but he does. He should be everything I want in a moveset.

I suck with pretty much anyone, but the majors would be Marth, Luigi and Terry.

Marth: Jesus Christ, I can't control this guy. Everytime I play as him, it looks like I'm on Space. 

Luigi: Kinda of the same reason as Marth, but slower? However, after putting some hours in his training, his playstyle is starting to make more sense overtime. Maybe someday I'll actually overcome this.

Terry: I love K.o.F. and how this guys plays. But it ain't happening with my Joy-Con drift. 

there's only one case for me, and that's lucario

he is one of my favorite pokemon ever, but whenever i play him in smash, i feel like i've never played smash before

2 minutes ago, Yexin said:

there's only one case for me, and that's lucario

he is one of my favorite pokemon ever, but whenever i play him in smash, i feel like i've never played smash before

I used to be pretty solid with Lucario back in Brawl. Fell out of touch with him in Ultimate. The same happened with Wolf, who was actually my Brawl main. Maybe it's the pace of the game changing. Maybe I just need to readjust to them again.

Honestly I don't really have anyone like that.

What I tend to do if I don't have a clear-cut character I currently want to play as is to just play subsequent games by selecting random.

After a while, I picked up how to play as characters that I still don't like using like Villager, DK and Olimar.

I can genuinely choose random and not be at too heavy of a disadvantage. Although at the minute I still haven't played much as Banjo, Joker and Hero so if I get any of them, I'm only likely to stand a chance based on comfort of the character.

I don't have Min Min so she's in the latter category too.

For me, I really want to be good as Mewtwo, and I can sort of do okay as them, but their playstyle just really doesn't jive with me and I have a hard time effectively utilizing their down and forward specials.

Piranha Plant is in a similar boat, on account of the fact that I absolutely adore just the fact that they're even in Smash as a fighter at all, but, like Mewtwo, I just can't really play them effectively at this point in time.

BotW Link - The remote bombs ruin him for me. I'm a Marcina main anyway, but I still liked Link in other games (cept Melee) even with his projectiles. But having to use buttons to detonate the bomb even after pulling it out is something I don't want to keep track of in a fight.

Sheik - Sheik is weak in Ultimate. Melee Sheik, Brawl Sheik, and Sm4sh Sheik are all leagues ahead of Ultimate Sheik because of kill power. Ultimate Sheik can barely kill reliably on medium weight opponents, much less heavies.